Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Syrian Situation=Pretty Simple (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502132)

M&P15T 09-06-2013 13:24

Syrian Situation=Pretty Simple
 
It's about geo-political economics. Please pardon my huge edit of this, my original post, I had the specifics wrong.

Qatar wants to run a huge LNG pipe-line from Qatar, through Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Syria, to Turkey. This would crush the Russian LNG industry that is the leading supplier of LNG to Europe.

So, Assad, being a Russian ally and not signing to allow the pipeline through his country, has to go.

Glock30Eric 09-06-2013 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&P15T (Post 20600850)
It's about geo-political economics.

The Saudis want to run a huge oil/gas pipe-line through Iraq and Syria, out to the Mediterranean. This would lower the costs of shipping oil, and help the Saudis. The Saudis are our allies.

The Russians are the largest supplier of natural gas to Europe. The proposed Saudi gas line would hurt their national income from gas revenues.

So, Assad, being a Russian ally and not signing to allow the Saudi pipeline through his country, has to go.


Guess who is the boss of Chechnya? Saudi Arabia!!!1!!!

M&P15T 09-06-2013 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock30Eric (Post 20600869)
Guess who is the boss of Chechnya? Saudi Arabia!!!1!!!

Certainly.

And Qatar, Turkey and Iran are also affected and interested in all of this too.

M&P15T 09-06-2013 13:59

Edit; Forget it, I had my story wrong.

It's an LNG pipe-line, not a crude pipe-line.

arkdweller22 09-06-2013 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&P15T (Post 20600936)
FWIW, I now believe that we are absolutely going to go into Syria, and it's going to involve troops on the ground. With WMDs and al Qaeda involved in the situation, we're going to go in sharp and hard.

Yep, I've said it in other posts. There will be reasons (excuses) for which we will need an ever-increasing military presence in Syria. It's the same script that's been used forever and people continually fall for it.
Incremental rises in troop numbers happened in Vietnam and Iraq, it's how it's sold.
Just like gun control; "we only want to make the streets safe by taking away full auto guns. That way gangsters won't play shoot 'em up on the streets." Knowing full well that the ultimate goal is disarmament.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&P15T (Post 20600936)
Basically we will have two ways of getting oil to Europe and the U.S., lessening the cost of shipping oil.

Funny thing is, people were wondering why France was on board. It's because this proposed pipeline will lower fuel costs in Europe. It actually does nothing for us.

czsmithGT 09-06-2013 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&P15T (Post 20600850)
It's about geo-political economics.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ergy-pipelines

Dennis in MA 09-06-2013 14:14

And I was just thinking a few days ago, "You know, there is no way we could ever have another World War."

M&P15T 09-06-2013 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkdweller22 (Post 20600969)
Funny thing is, people were wondering why France was on board. It's because this proposed pipeline will lower fuel costs in Europe. It actually does nothing for us.

Yes, it will do nothing to lower LNG prices in the U.S.

M&P15T 09-06-2013 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis in MA (Post 20600976)
And I was just thinking a few days ago, "You know, there is no way we could ever have another World War."

Well, this could really hurt the Russians.

Atlas 09-06-2013 15:19

Next you'll be saying that our military presence in Iraq was about oil...

And that multi-billion-dollar "embassy" we constructed there.

M&P15T 09-06-2013 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkdweller22 (Post 20600969)
Yep, I've said it in other posts. There will be reasons (excuses) for which we will need an ever-increasing military presence in Syria. It's the same script that's been used forever and people continually fall for it.
Incremental rises in troop numbers happened in Vietnam and Iraq, it's how it's sold.
Just like gun control; "we only want to make the streets safe by taking away full auto guns. That way gangsters won't play shoot 'em up on the streets." Knowing full well that the ultimate goal is disarmament.

I gotta edit all my posts here, I though it was a crude-oil pipe-line. It's actually an LNG pipe-line that has been proposed.

M&P15T 09-06-2013 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlas (Post 20601142)
Next you'll be saying that our military presence in Iraq was about oil...

And that multi-billion-dollar "embassy" we constructed there.

Hold on...editing....having to re examine my facts.

M&P15T 09-06-2013 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by czsmithGT (Post 20600974)

Yep....here ya go.

All the info you need.

Pretty simple and self-explanatory.

bill123 09-07-2013 19:06

This is custom made for James Bond


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.