Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "share the road" with bikes.....rant (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1501515)

Diesel McBadass 08-31-2013 22:42

"share the road" with bikes.....rant

Well, I spend a lot of time driving, and definitely know i hate bikes. The people on the have the "same road same rights same rules" or "share the road" stickers. Then they go 20 below the speed limit since there on a bike and too stubborn to go to the bike lane, they disregard all red lights and stop sighns, and cut in and out of traffic doing dangerous stuff since they feel entitled to having you yield for every dumb move they make. I recently got a smile on my face when i found out someone on a bike got a speeding ticket for going downhill about 40 through a school zone. If you say you want to follow the same law and rights then stop breaking them.

Are people on bikes bad around you?

amd65 08-31-2013 22:48

Lighten up, leave the bikers alone.

ray9898 08-31-2013 22:54

I try to let the small things in life go.

OldSchool64 08-31-2013 22:54

Bring back memories of the good old days...

Yes it 'was' great when I was in grade school and didn't know any better.

Now I happen to know that if I give them the right of way I may be endangering myself or others, they need to realize when they are a traffic hazard.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
^^there is a sig line for someone^^

RagnarDanneskjold 08-31-2013 22:56

I asked a friend recently... You're driving the speed limit in the right hand lane. A semi is merging in front of you, who has right-of-way? Size matters. A semi always has right of way, regardless of law.

Bruce M 08-31-2013 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by amd65 (Post 20586367)
Lighten up, leave the bikers alone.

:agree:

G30SF/F-250 08-31-2013 22:58

My big truck + a bicycle + oncoming traffic = someone going offroad.

And it won't be me........

I don't worry about the rest.

OldSchool64 08-31-2013 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold (Post 20586383)
I asked a friend recently... You're driving the speed limit in the right hand lane. A semi is merging in front of you, who has right-of-way? Size matters. A semi always has right of way, regardless of law.

No lack of common sense there :cool:

Cali-Glock 08-31-2013 23:02

Yep, they ignore all the rules of the road, run stop-signs, stop-lights - run into you, and then SUE you...

RagnarDanneskjold 08-31-2013 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali-Glock (Post 20586398)
Yep, they ignore all the rules of the road, run stop-signs, stop-lights - run into you, and then SUE you...

I ride a bicycle to the grocery and back. No car-driver has ever been inconvenienced by this. I stay out of their way, because in a collision, I will lose.

Folsom_Prison 08-31-2013 23:06

I encounter these bike riding ass hats often, I feel your pain diesel. I've seen a small group before on a two lane riding three wide in busy traffic. Cars backin up behind me, and they just poke around not giving a damn, meanwhile there's a sidewalk perfectly open for them to use.

I see these guys run lights and stop signs all the time, I've seen them swerve in front of cars at the last second and so on. Meanwhile with their I don't give a damn attitude there wearing spandex pants looking like an idiot.

Diesel_Bomber 08-31-2013 23:09

Teribble around here, just terrible. There ARE good ones, but the vast majority around here are complete ****** bags bent on involving others in their suicide attempt.

Magnus2131 08-31-2013 23:10

They can be a real traffic hazard at times.

Folsom_Prison 08-31-2013 23:17

Just hang tight, I'm sure the lance armstrong's of the forum will be around in defense eventually. Meanwhile if you were complaining about some silver haired old lady in a Boat of a Lincoln driving slow and causing issues on the road, nobody would probably be in defense of her.

JAS104 08-31-2013 23:21

Bikes tend to move out of the way of an f150. Just my experience though.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

vettely 08-31-2013 23:36

This has been a hot topic here lately as we'll. the problem is not the single bicyclist but the large groups that take up the whole road causing traffic jams behind them. They do seem arrogant and disrespectful of motorist to include motorcycles.

steve1988 08-31-2013 23:40

I believe this is a case of perception being different from reality. We perceive the dbag bikers more, and we remember them more because well, they are dbags. We ignore the conscientious ones because they are unremarkable.

Magnus2131 08-31-2013 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS104 (Post 20586443)

Wish that were true. Had to almost come to a complete stop driving up a hill on the highway on more than one occasion because they won't move.

Harper 08-31-2013 23:46

Some asshat almost hit me yesterday on campus. I'm walking in the cross walk and I look right and see this guy on a bike coming toward me. I make eye contact with him and instead of slowing down he starts to kinda swerve back and forth like he's trying to figure out if I'm going to stop. He finally slowed down a little but I don't think he even realized he was required to yield.

larry_minn 08-31-2013 23:52

Are bikers really that bad in your area? The only time I recall bikers (other then motorcycles) disrupting traffic is when I was in Iowa "LaMars???" and they had a some kind of a bike week. Vans and busses of bikers. RIding everywhere in huge groups. Not on a course but along lines of "Hey guys I am going to ride to other side of town to get coffee" and 20 other decide to go along. Meanwhile someone else decides to check out mall (and 20 more go along) so they are spread out 2 blocks long weaving thru traffic.
Otherwise I have always found bikers (other then messenger) a pita on road. Yep they may not be going 15mph over speed limit...

Dragoon44 08-31-2013 23:53

Years ago I worked a car vs. Bike accident no serious injury. When I got there I saw the car and the bike and asked where the bike rider was.
The driver of the car pointed to a guy setting in the passenger side of his car and said, "thats him".

I asked if he was ok and the driver said, "seems to be". I asked "so you just let him have a seat in your car?"

Driver- "no that is where he landed after he cut in front of me and I hit him."

ME- what??

Driver-" yeah when i hit him he went up in the air and came through the open sunroof into the car. "

Me- oooook.

G30SF/F-250 08-31-2013 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS104 (Post 20586443)

I am in an F-350 enclosed utility body, 9' tall.

If they don't look in their mirrors and see me coming......who is at fault?:whistling:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper (Post 20586484)
Some asshat almost hit me yesterday on campus. I'm walking in the cross walk and I look right and see this guy on a bike coming toward me. I make eye contact with him and instead of slowing down he starts to kinda swerve back and forth like he's trying to figure out if I'm going to stop. He finally slowed down a little but I don't think he even realized he was required to yield.

Short stick?

:supergrin:

G30SF/F-250 08-31-2013 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon44 (Post 20586493)
Years ago I worked a car vs. Bike accident no serious injury. When I got there I saw the car and the bike and asked where the bike rider was.
The driver of the car pointed to a guy setting in the passenger side of his car and said, "thats him".

I asked if he was ok and the driver said, "seems to be". I asked "so you just let him have a seat in your car?"

Driver- "no that is where he landed after he cut in front of me and I hit him."

ME- what??

Driver-" yeah when i hit him he went up in the air and came through the open sunroof into the car. "

Me- oooook.

That was a great story!

Thank you for sharing!

Folsom_Prison 09-01-2013 00:03

Bike riders aren't afraid of fords because it's not like a rock.....

G30SF/F-250 09-01-2013 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folsom_Prison (Post 20586508)
Bike riders aren't afraid of fords because it's not like a rock.....

:upeyes:

Care to put your Bowtie up against my Ford?:whistling:

:tongueout: