Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How much dishonesty can you take? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1500688)

Hussell_Crowe 08-24-2013 15:18

How much dishonesty can you take?

Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Sigh. Advice is highly needed.

686Owner 08-24-2013 15:21

Yeah....no. I wouldn't have any of it.

DanaT 08-24-2013 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hussell_Crowe (Post 20567228)

Sigh. Advice is highly needed.

I will give the best advice in this thread: dont ask for relationship advice on GT.

Adjuster 08-24-2013 15:22

I LOVE LOVE LOVE GlockTalk! It doesn't get any better than this place. The rest of the internet is useless. :faint:

/

NMG26 08-24-2013 15:24

And you figured all this out how?

Seems to me you should move on and be thankful for the communication skills you learned in this one.

DanaT 08-24-2013 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 20567242)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE GlockTalk! It doesn't get any better than this place. The rest of the internet is useless. :faint:

/

See, if the girlfriend realized this, she wouldnt have been on an online dating site and this whole issue would be a non-issue.

Hussell_Crowe 08-24-2013 15:26

I know there are some trolls out there, but thats ok, I accept that. I simply don't understand the need to lie to me, OVER AND OVER again regarding this. If all you wanted was friendship, she should have had no issue saying " I'm talking to a couple guys, but its strictly platonic "

One of the biggest red flags is, she willingly gave her phone number to a work friend, so the work friend could randomly pass her number to one of her friends? and...she's talked to this guy on the phone and texted him every other day.

For what it's worth, I don't do any of these things. I'm 100% faithful, and would never do anything to even be considered shady.

raven11 08-24-2013 15:26

if she isnt cheating on you now she is planning to

Hussell_Crowe 08-24-2013 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMG26 (Post 20567245)
And you figured all this out how?

Seems to me you should move on and be thankful for the communication skills you learned in this one.

All of these issues were found out via her cell phone. She let me go through one day, and I assume forgot about these contacts. So, it was always me finding out via having her phone.

F14Scott 08-24-2013 15:28

http://www.the-rodgers.com/images/Tbird%20eject.jpg

NMG26 08-24-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hussell_Crowe (Post 20567257)
All of these issues were found out via her cell phone. She let me go through one day, and I assume forgot about these contacts. So, it was always me finding out via having her phone.

Two phones is the problem. Get rid of one of them and share the other.

Hussell_Crowe 08-24-2013 15:30

If it matters, she's had a rough past-family issues-personal issues-abandonment issues. I truly believe she loves me, but I don't think she understand what acceptable boundaries are in a healthy relationship. I hope I can help her realize, you simply can NOT do these things, and not eventually expect everything to fall apart. Which unfortunately it has, ALL we do is argue lately...It's sad.

GlockPride 08-24-2013 15:32

Like F14 says, eject, eject, EJECT! Give her free reign to talk to other guys or gals or whomever she wants. She wants out but apparently can't break your heart yet.

eb07 08-24-2013 15:32

You are young. Get some crazy grudge sex out of her , then dump her and don't look back.

hpracing007 08-24-2013 15:32

Eject eject eject

robin303 08-24-2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by F14Scott (Post 20567259)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DanaT 08-24-2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by F14Scott (Post 20567259)

Join the Thunderbirds?

Hussell_Crowe 08-24-2013 15:35

See thats the thing. I may be relatively young, but I'm 25...I don't really WANT to go out and bang random chicks, not that I'm ready to get married, but I certainly wanted me and her to last a very long time.

I just dont know if I can trust her. A part of me thinks " If she's that unhappy, she would have left ME, and when she has shown some remorse for her actions.

DanaT 08-24-2013 15:35

Where is the standard GT request about women/relationship threads??? Almost 20 posts in without asking for the most important info...

ked 08-24-2013 15:36

if this is for real, then i am sorry. with as much BS i put up with my ex-wife, i'd like to say something positive. BUT I CAN'T. IF you were married, i'd say try as hard as you can, but since she is your GF, i'd say prepare for the inevitable. a woman who would do this, will NEVER be faithful. i mean, asking a friend to give out her #!

time to bail, and don't get sucked back into the relationship!

ked

Bruce M 08-24-2013 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 20567242)

/

I agree - the entertainment here can be first rate. With Sam Kinison and John Belushi dead, you can't find better at any price.

gwalchmai 08-24-2013 15:37

You need to find another girl. She's not the one.

Really. It won't get better on its on. You might try couples counseling but it seems to me that you're wanting a lot more commitment than she does. I think you either need to make active efforts to deal with her seeing other guys (counseling) or break it off before you become one of those GnG "cry-in-your-beer" stories.

DanaT 08-24-2013 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hussell_Crowe (Post 20567284)
See thats the thing. I may be relatively young, but I'm 25...I don't really WANT to go out and bang random chicks, not that I'm ready to get married, but I certainly wanted me and her to last a very long time.

I just dont know if I can trust her. A part of me thinks " If she's that unhappy, she would have left ME, and when she has shown some remorse for her actions.

You are sounding desperate.

GlockPride 08-24-2013 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 20567285)
Where is the standard GT request about women/relationship threads??? Almost 20 posts in without asking for the most important info...

How big is the Bravia and the teeth, how are they?

686Owner 08-24-2013 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 20567278)
Join the Thunderbirds?

I think that is a picture of someone "leaving" the Thunderbirds for what is about to happen to that very expensive jet.