Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Someone shot our cat yesterday (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1499602)

jame 08-15-2013 21:13

Someone shot our cat yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 235186

And I'm none too happy about it.

DustyJacket 08-15-2013 21:14

8 more lives to go

Jakestir 08-15-2013 21:14

BB gun?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

packeagle 08-15-2013 21:16

Why was your cat on the loose running the neighborhood?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jame 08-15-2013 21:19

We live in the sticks. My nearest neighbor is about a mile away. She was outside for about two hours, and there's no way in hell she made it up the road to the next farm and back in that time.

That means that I've:

A. Got some jerk messing around in the back of the farm I have yet to catch. Flippin' trespassing hillbillies really tick me off.

or

B. We've got some stupid kid tearing up the roads shooting at signs, acreages and such.

I have grandkids playing in the yard all the time. The thought of some idiot taking potshots at property, livestock, and pets really riles my chains.

*ASH* 08-15-2013 21:21

trail cam time . i would be mad as hell also . someone would take an ass whooping .

RagnarDanneskjold 08-15-2013 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jame (Post 20544772)
We live in the sticks. My nearest neighbor is about a mile away. She was outside for about two hours, and there's no way in hell she made it up the road to the next farm and back in that time.

That means that I've:

A. Got some jerk messing around in the back of the farm I have yet to catch. Flippin' trespassing hillbillies really tick me off.

or

B. We've got some stupid kid tearing up the roads shooting at signs, acreages and such.

I have grandkids playing in the yard all the time. The thought of some idiot taking potshots at property, livestock, and pets really riles my chains.

Most likely a self-correcting problem. When someone does catch them, I suspect they will be strongly incentivized to change their ways. I agree, though, is inexcusable behavior.

GLK8876919 08-15-2013 21:33

i'm thinking you have a shovel in the barn to put to good use after you find the guilty person...

Kevinr20 08-15-2013 21:35

That's why I don't let my cats outside. Too many people are willing to intentionally hit them with their car or shoot them with a pellet gun or worse.

I hope they shoot their own eye out.

RenoF250 08-15-2013 21:38

Are you sure it was shot? My cat has a wound that looks similar (hard to really see in the pic) on his front leg - BB size hole - space - BB size hole but the vet says it was likely a bite from another cat. He is B&W like your cat too.

2bgop 08-15-2013 21:40

I hope someone gets a serious, anonymous, ass whipping when you find them.

frank4570 08-15-2013 21:41

Shot with what? I've dug birdshot out of my cats ear.

NeverMore1701 08-15-2013 21:43

I think a 3' section of garden hose, filled with sand, would be appropriate if you find whoever did it.

jame 08-15-2013 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenoF250 (Post 20544837)
Are you sure it was shot? My cat has a wound that looks similar (hard to really see in the pic) on his front leg - BB size hole - space - BB size hole but the vet says it was likely a bite from another cat. He is B&W like your cat too.

Well, that's the vet's report anyway. I was initially thinking coyote, but she has two holes on one side and none on the other.

She was guessing it was a really bad shot with a shotgun, with two pellets going in, or a glancing shot with a .22. She said she's seen a few of these cases lately.

jame 08-15-2013 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 (Post 20544854)
I think a 3' section of garden hose, filled with sand, would be appropriate if you find whoever did it.

I was thinking a pair of pantyhose and a couple of apples.

Gregg702 08-15-2013 21:49

I was about to say something about letting your cat roam the neighborhood, but since it sounds like it was on your property, I would be pissed and worried too. Hope you catch the creep who did this.

ShallNotBeInfringed 08-15-2013 21:58

How is the cat doing?

Karma always works out in the end. What goes around...........

Khao 08-15-2013 22:00

Scumbags.

ithaca_deerslayer 08-15-2013 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenoF250 (Post 20544837)

That's a good possibility. Lots of animals out there wanting to eat a cat.

My own cat was almost gotten by coyotes. I heard the cat fighting noises and flew out of the house, no clothes, gun in hand, searched, then found my cat in the barn pretty much in shock with some tail flesh missing.

Paw prints around my truck confirmed it. Looked like she got attacked but made it under there. They circled and maybe would have got her out. But I came out the door in time. I never saw them, but it was two sets of tracks.

I put her in my basement for a week, then she cautiously started moving around again. Healed to a gruesome scab in a month. About 6 months to a full healing, with fur grown back. Now not easy to notice at all. She seems more caitious about going outside, but still does go out, just not as much. It is her choice. I have a litter box in the house, and she gets along with the German Shepherd. Cat likes to go out and kill field mice though.

jame 08-15-2013 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed (Post 20544918)
How is the cat doing?

Karma always works out in the end. What goes around...........

She's thankfully healing up pretty well. She's only about 4 months old, and it's surprising how tough these little beasts can be.

frank4570 08-15-2013 22:07

I'm thinking game cam and lots of bait.

AZ Husker 08-15-2013 22:43

I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.

NeverMore1701 08-15-2013 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Husker (Post 20545021)
I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.

Well yippity balls for you.

9jeeps 08-15-2013 22:52

Probably a coyote with jacked up teef. Oh NO!!!!

I'm so happy your kitty is getting better.
As I age I can't stand seeing cruelty to animals.
Glad you are rural and can read tracks. You'll know how to make a safe place for kitty

We have yotes too.

As well we have Eagles and huge Ospreys. They can leave vicious wounds
and able to carry away a smaller cat.

jame 08-15-2013 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Husker (Post 20545021)

If you don't show your badge, we don't believe you.

Tough talk from a town kid.