Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carry Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Just Order 5.11 CC Belt at great price. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494592)

Boot Stomper 07-10-2013 06:54

Just Order 5.11 CC Belt at great price.

I just ordered a 5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt, 1.5 inches. At $4.99 I figuered I could not do too bad. With shipping and tax $12.44. I had to pay $.44 in tax for being in Illinois.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/511-leat...ail-59502.html

Does any one have experience with the belt? Good or bad. Reviews online seem to be good. If it is a good product this is a great price for a CC Belt.

dregotglock 07-10-2013 10:59

I picked up one for the Mrs from LAPolicegear 2 months ago.

It seems well made but I do not care for polymer buckles which this one has. I prefer my steel buckle on my Wilderness Instructor belt. Other than the buckle it has held up for her edc with a G23 and an extra magazine.

Wilderness Belt will cost you significantly more than the 5.11 Belt.

Boot Stomper 07-10-2013 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by dregotglock (Post 20445728)

It seems well made but I do not care for polymer buckles which this one has. I prefer my steel buckle on my Wilderness Instructor belt. Other than the buckle it has held up for her edc with a G23 and an extra magazine.

The website states it is brass or chrome branded buckle. I guess I will find out.

Boot Stomper 07-10-2013 14:19

Opticplanet just sent me a email stating the order will be filled in four to seven weeks.

I am in no hurry, but wow that is a long time. I am in the same State, IL, so it is not shipping. My guess is they are selling something that is not in stock or back ordered. I will advise when I get the belt.

Boot Stomper 07-10-2013 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by dregotglock (Post 20445728)

I have the 5.11 Instuctor Belt and it's buckle is a heavy solid metal. You may be thinking of the 5.11 TDU airport belt they sell for passing through metal detectors.

http://tactical-gear.511tactical.com...Airport%20Belt

nikerret 07-11-2013 09:52

I have two belts just like the ones you linked (except plain black). I wear one daily, the Permastiff finally broke at the hole I use. The other is used for on-duty, out of uniform activities.

I just ordered five.

Lord 07-11-2013 10:17

my order is in... that's a great price

update: still have not received it. kinda ridiculous on the wait... I just called them. told it's on back order until August 5th...

<insert image of me drumming my impatient fingers>

update: August 14th, no belt, no communications. Doesn't look like I'm getting one. Will have to call again.

Boot Stomper 07-11-2013 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikerret (Post 20448555)
I have two belts just like the ones you linked (except plain black). I wear one daily, the Permastiff finally broke at the hole I use. The other is used for on-duty, out of uniform activities.

I just ordered five.

Thanks for the feedback. I started this thread to pass along what seemed to be a good deal. I also realize the seller is a sponsor of Glock Talk. Hopefully everything will meet my expectation.

I would prefer the plain black as well, but for 12 buck why not try the less expensive option.

Bill Lumberg 07-12-2013 05:20

The TDU belt is not a gunbelt, and is no way adequate for carrying a firearm. It is thinner than an average walmart belt. Not bad for when you're not carrying. Not good for when you are. There is a frequent flyer belt that meets your description, but I think that's a Wildnerness product.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot Stomper (Post 20446297)
I have the 5.11 Instuctor Belt and it buckle is a heavy solid metal. You may be thinking of the 5.11 TDU airport belt they sell for passing through metal detectors.

http://tactical-gear.511tactical.com...Airport%20Belt

ShallNotBeInfringed 07-12-2013 06:31

Now at $3.99.

I am dumbfounded at how anyone can sell a belt at that price and make any money?

Judging by the price, I would bet this is anything but tactical.

Please update this thread with a review of this product when it arrives.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

C5A 07-12-2013 14:19

Thanks for your post. I just ordered one and also see 4 to 7 weeks delivery. Fantastic price. The first belt I ordered a couple years ago suffered a break in the permastiff at the buckle hole so I sent it back and they replaced it. The replacement is holding up fine and holds my EDC Glock 22 with no problems.

pizza_pablo 07-12-2013 21:21

Thanks!
Ordered one in brown. Worth a try for twelve bucks and the Cabela's Double Duty is getting beat up.

Sent on Outdoor Hub, from my RAZR Mini.

nikerret 07-12-2013 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed (Post 20451107)
Judging by the price, I would bet this is anything but tactical.

Please update this thread with a review of this product when it arrives.

I have two already. My daily wear is one I have had since early 2009ish. As I stated, the only issue I have with it is the Permastiff broke at the hole(s) I use all the time. The leather around the Permastiff still holds fine and the Permastiff in the belt is still fully functional. The black on the leather has worn down to brown, in a few spots.

Here's some pics:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps30728e5e.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps248b7195.jpg

The other is one is used a few weeks out of the year and still looks new. The Permastiff does stay bent at the hole I use all the time, but I find that a non-issue.

Boot Stomper 08-13-2013 22:41

FYI. It is August 13th and still waiting for the belt. Still back ordered.

nikerret 08-19-2013 12:41

I just received an email saying my entire order has been cancelled because they have no belts to ship. They did give me a 5% coupon on my next order over the next 30 days. There won't be any need for that. I no longer will do business with a company that makes a great offer without the ability to follow through on their end.

PIMking 08-19-2013 12:48

I've got one, the problem is the size, the medium I cant wear an IWB holster and if I get the large the extra amount of the belt almost wraps to the 8 o'clock position on my body.

Lord 08-19-2013 13:31

I got the same 5% so sorry email too.
I told them to shove it.

Well over 30 days, and all they give me is 5% and 30 days to redeem it. not cool.

Ducowti 08-19-2013 14:47

Not thrilled with this belt. On both, ordered from diff sources a yr apart, one blk, one brn, the retention loop stitching is near completely unstitched.

Also the dye scratches more easily than Id expect, partic from plastic holster hooks.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Boot Stomper 08-20-2013 03:56

I thought I was doing GTers a favor by passing on a good deal. Sorry to waist anyone's time.

KingWalleye 08-20-2013 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot Stomper (Post 20446287)
Opticplanet just sent me a email stating the order will be filled in four to seven weeks.

I am in no hurry, but wow that is a long time. I am in the same State, IL, so it is not shipping. My guess is they are selling something that is not in stock or back ordered. I will advise when I get the belt.

I ordered one on 7/10 at the same price. Called on 8/14 and was told they "could possibly" be in in mid October. If you check the product page there is a banner at the top that says the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I cancelled the order then.

I don't think you will ever see this belt from them.