Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Regarding Okie..... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494549)

Detectorist 07-09-2013 18:09

Regarding Okie.....

There was something bothering me today and I finally realized that a lot of our grief is caused by not having the opportunity to say goodby.

I had ample time to say goodby to my dad before he passed.

However, Okie's sudden passing didn't leave us any time to say our goodbys... which makes it more painful.

EdTracker 07-09-2013 18:25

Our lives are so short. Kiss those you love. Even those you don't cause it might piss them off.

bobby_w 07-09-2013 23:50

I called 9 friends and went and visited 4 of my neighbors today because of this.

Also attended a Funeral for my neighbor of 18 years who lived 3 houses down. 92 years old and a Great Man.

I am all cried out, finally.

2bgop 07-09-2013 23:56

I have had several friends pass in the last 2 months, not a single one has been over 60. One was 42 and died driving home from dropping his daughter off at school.

Scares the crap out of me.

mixflip 07-10-2013 00:27

Im attending a funeral this weekend for someone very close to me. She died at 36 of an aortic aneurysm. Trust me when I tell you, I have changed my outlook on life.

We had no time to say goodbye. She went in for chest pains and 45 minutes later a doctor was asking us to please sit down because he had to tell us something.

I am still struggling with the loss. I still talk to her on facebook for some reason.

My heart and prayers go out to Okie and his family and friends.

Deployment Solu 07-10-2013 03:45

Goodbye Okie!! You will be missed!!!!

faawrenchbndr 07-10-2013 05:19

Keep in mind, Okie would not want us to be saddened by his passing. remember Mark when you see a white Dodge truck. Remember Mark when you see a man in a camouflage shirt. remember Mark when you see a picture of Alf. And most importantly, remember Mark when you order a taco, especially a Blackjack Taco.

deputy tom 07-10-2013 05:25

My niece's husband passed away about the same time as okie and just as unexpectedly. He was only 43 years old. Nobody got a chance to say good bye. The funeral is tomorrow. Sad. tom.

faawrenchbndr 07-10-2013 06:07

Sorry to hear of the loss Tom

silentpoet 07-10-2013 06:13

I always try to tell my mom last thing "I love you" Because you never know when it will be the last thing you say.

silentpoet 07-10-2013 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr (Post 20444993)
Keep in mind, Okie would not want us to be saddened by his passing. remember Mark when you see a white Dodge truck.

Funny thing about a white dodge truck. Last night on top gear they played the episode where they try to drive cheap used cars across the US. Well one was a white dodge truck. Made me think of Okie, well aside from the big pink "Man Love Rules" lettering on the side.

Jake514 07-10-2013 06:19

Quote:

Keep in mind, Okie would not want us to be saddened by his passing. remember Mark when you see a white Dodge truck. Remember Mark when you see a man in a camouflage shirt. remember Mark when you see a picture of Alf. And most importantly, remember Mark when you order a taco, especially a Blackjack Taco.

^^^Yes, absolutely remember a good man.

ca survivor 07-10-2013 07:49

Quote:

^^^ this and Wal-Mart.........

Steel Head 07-10-2013 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detectorist (Post 20443814)
There was something bothering me today and I finally realized that a lot of our grief is caused by not having the opportunity to say goodby.

I had ample time to say goodby to my dad before he passed.

However, Okie's sudden passing didn't leave us any time to say our goodbys... which makes it more painful.

Poof and he was gone:dunno:
It's impressive how many good things people here have said about him though.
Not too many people in the world like that.
I'm certainly not in his class.