Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Plane crash at San Francisco International Airport (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494121)

Joe Kidd 07-06-2013 13:42

BREAKING-Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 crash
 
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/06...ional-airport/

Altaris 07-06-2013 13:42

Boeing 777 Crashes at San Francisco Airport
 
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/06...ional-airport/


http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/06/us/cal...html?hpt=hp_t1

packin23 07-06-2013 13:42

Plane crash at San Francisco International Airport
 
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...cisco-airport/

Kichigai 07-06-2013 13:48

6 different people posted on this who can be first

czsmithGT 07-06-2013 13:51

Saw some pictures of the crashed plane taken by a passenger after he evacuated. Sounds like a lot of people did get off. The tail came off- don't know but maybe a nose-high landing possibly short of runway?

vart 07-06-2013 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by czsmithGT (Post 20434558)
The tail came off- don't know but maybe a nose-high landing possibly short of runway?

I'm sure it's not the first time there's been a rough tail hit in San Francisco...:whistling:

ArtyGuy 07-06-2013 14:00

That plane certainly came in contact with the runway well before it should have-- the debris trail begins immediately. Hopefully there are not fatalities and/or serious injuries.

packin23 07-06-2013 14:07

Parts of the tail are floating in water just before the runway starts.

*ASH* 07-06-2013 14:17

pilot came in to low hit the rocks and start of runway

someone reported everyone got out . which is amazing if true

Bruce M 07-06-2013 14:22

Hopefully that is true - that everyone made it off ok.

Paul_J 07-06-2013 14:23

The shots from the helicopter sure look like the pilot hit the leading edge of the runway right at the waters edge.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

czsmithGT 07-06-2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_J (Post 20434632)
The shots from the helicopter sure look like the pilot hit the leading edge of the runway right at the waters edge.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Yes that seems what happened- hit there with tail which then broke off. Report said the plane then slid down the runway and did a 360 degree spin before stopping.

Mrs. VR 07-06-2013 14:56

I was supposed to be enroute to SF airport when it happened. Inlaws were diverted back to Reno. :faint:

czsmithGT 07-06-2013 15:11

This incident highlights the problem with eyewitness testimony. CNN interviewed a guy who saw the crash. He said the wings broke off and the plane cartwheeled. I am sure that is what he thought he saw, but pictures of the plane post crash clearly show those things didn't happen.

countrygun 07-06-2013 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by czsmithGT (Post 20434749)
This incident highlights the problem with eyewitness testimony. CNN interviewed a guy who saw the crash. He said the wings broke off and the plane cartwheeled. I am sure that is what he thought he saw, but pictures of the plane post crash clearly show those things didn't happen.

I think it would be great to couple that "eyewitness" statement (not "testimony" BTW) with the pictures as a permanent example of the reliability of witness statements.

AggiePhil 07-06-2013 15:15

I wonder if the fatalities are members of the flight crew. :frown:

Mrs. VR 07-06-2013 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr30s (Post 20434550)
6 different people posted on this who can be first

I think I've merged them all. If I missed any, please PM me.

ChinaCave 07-06-2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 20434763)
I think it would be great to couple that "eyewitness" statement (not "testimony" BTW) with the pictures as a permanent example of the reliability of witness statements.

Hear hear.

Pure speculation, I am guessing a problem on approach / final (electrical fire?) And pilot was just able to make the runway...

Total blather on CNN, as per sop

Hicksville Kid 07-06-2013 15:39

Looks like a ramp strike. Could the left engine be in the water?

ERASER 07-06-2013 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by vart (Post 20434563)
I'm sure it's not the first time there's been a rough tail hit in San Francisco...:whistling:

I see what you did there..........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3glkdog 07-06-2013 15:46

One report saying 1 body was found in the water by uscg. That was unofficial report.

faawrenchbndr 07-06-2013 15:47

The 777 has an auto land feature........looks an awful lot like a failure.
Glide slope was drastically incorrect

MulletLoad 07-06-2013 15:52

Hope everyone is ok.

On a lighter note, let me cover the future posts of GT conspiracists.

Obviously, it flew from Korean airspace without a tail and the left engine. The event was staged to cover this up. Obama staged this after learning that a North Korean Mig shot off the engine and tail in order to start the next Korean War. The even had the Illuminati apparatchik on board ( present on all commercial flights ) to ignite the cabin with thermite charges after landing to destroy any iPads with evidence of the Mig.

AggiePhil 07-06-2013 15:59

Watching the NTSB press conference. Did the PIO really just use the phrase, "Hit the ground running"? :shocked:

jim goose 07-06-2013 15:59

Airport FD does not get alot of real world experience, they train, and train. Met the head of the FSO FD a ways back, first class outfit. I'm sure they saved lives.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.