Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who Makes Glockmesiter Grip Plug? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487178)

brokenprism 05-15-2013 20:47

Who Makes Glockmesiter Grip Plug?

Does anybody know who makes the grip plug that Glockmeister brands (crookedly) and sells? I just bought one off eBay and though it no doubt came out of a box o' plugs, and though I hoped for the best even after seeing that the sample was stenciled crooked, the Glockmeister logo on the one I got was cockeyed on the plug. This only bothers those of us with OCD. : )

Anyway, I've seen a variety of styles of plug, and I want the style that GM sells, just without their crooked logo. Scherer? Pearce?

up1911fan 05-15-2013 21:26

Wow. Ummm, does it do it's job?

GlocksterJeff 05-15-2013 21:33

I think they make their own plugs (probably in China). If you want an unmarked one that works well, try the Pearce brand.

brokenprism 05-15-2013 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by up1911fan (Post 20295546)

Yeah, I know. That's an easy shot, huh? If I could do anything about it, I wouldn't be asking.

brokenprism 05-15-2013 21:58

It's flat -- a nice blend to the frame. I bought one once sight unseen and it was rounded, like a bubble. Don't want that, so I was looking for something that's the same contour, but un-branded.

The more I look at it, the less it bothers me, but if you're not bothered by something like this, you have no idea what it is to be bothered by it. I like clean finishes too, which rubs "finish character" guys wrong way. Vive la difference.

Jeffrey Lebowski 05-16-2013 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by up1911fan (Post 20295546)

Which is what, precisely?

mo.glocker 05-16-2013 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenprism (Post 20295423)
Does naybody know who makes the grip plug that Glockmeister brands (crookedly) and sells? I just bought one off eBay and though it no doubt came out of a box o' plugs, and though I hoped for the best even after seeing that the sample was stenciled crooked, the Glockmeister logo on the one I got was cockeyed on the plug. This only bothers those of us with OCD. : )

Anyway, I've seen a variety of styles of plug, and I want the style that GM sells, just without their crooked logo. Scherer? Pearce?

Glockpolishing on eBay sells g/m plugs that are unbranded-jeff

Bob Hafler 05-16-2013 06:36

Man if that bothers you, I can only imagine what slight (seam) mold imperfections on the frame must do? Sorry to hear about your illness. But really dude it's just a pistol, There are many like it. and it's not a new Corvette or Cobra. Instead of getting all OCD over the looks, why not really enjoy it for it's intended propose and go shoot the hell out of it. Or will the GSR on the end of the barrel and frame send you completely over the top? I promise, if you do shoot it and get real good groupings with it you'll enjoy getting OCD over those results more then you will the pistol itself.

up1911fan 05-16-2013 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski (Post 20296026)
Which is what, precisely?

Plugging the grip to prevent debris from entering the frame. As a side note, I find a grip plug akin to adding a magwell on a 1911. Reloads become smoother and more consistent.

brokenprism 05-16-2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Hafler (Post 20296096)
Man if that bothers you, I can only imagine what slight (seam) mold imperfections on the frame must do? Sorry to hear about your illness. But really dude it's just a pistol, There are many like it. and it's not a new Corvette or Cobra. Instead of getting all OCD over the looks, why not really enjoy it for it's intended propose and go shoot the hell out of it. Or will the GSR on the end of the barrel and frame send you completely over the top? I promise, if you do shoot it and get real good groupings with it you'll enjoy getting OCD over those results more then you will the pistol itself.

Don't know whether to say 'thanks' or what. It depends on what your motive was when you took (what looks to me) like a cheap shot masquerading as advice. It comes across as a morally superior tone, but for what? To tell me what I already know -- that the defect is small and doesn't affect the function of the gun? I know that. But if you weren't going to contribute to the solution -- telling me where to find a blank plug -- why say anything at all? To make me look stupid, I guess.

But, advice about what I should be concerned with noted, thanks.

Fire_Medic 05-16-2013 14:46

I have had good results in the past with the Pearce ones and the ones from Lone Wolf, but I do not use them anymore.

Delmonte67 05-16-2013 15:26

Mine is a Pearce plug. Do what you want bro, its "your" Glock. I store Tic-Tacs up inside mine-so my breath is always fresh at the range!;)
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...513_134118.jpg

Arc Angel 05-17-2013 08:11

Best of all of them!

http://www.jentraplug.com/product.htm

PVolk 05-17-2013 08:51

I run the Jentra and Ghost on my Glocks. Both look and fit great, but I like the Ghost a little more because it has a nice bevel on the inside edge to help funnel the magazine into the magwell.

PVolk 05-17-2013 08:55

I just google imaged the Glockmesiter Grip Plug and it looks identical to my Ghost plug, minus the branding. So I'll bet that's who Glockmesiter is getting them from.