Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carry Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Michigan Dad Decides to Open Carry .45-Cal. Handgun at His Daughter’s Schoo (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1484943)

HerrGlock 05-04-2013 02:00

Michigan Dad Decides to Open Carry .45-Cal. Handgun at His Daughter’s Schoo

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-from-the-gun/

NEOH212 05-04-2013 02:03

Dare I say open carry done right for once?

:cool:

SouthernBoyVA 05-04-2013 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOH212 (Post 20244932)
Dare I say open carry done right for once?

I do it right every time I leave my house.

FourthPointOfContact 05-04-2013 06:20

How so, "done correctly"?

With a .45, or because he notified everyone, or...?

steveksux 05-04-2013 06:25

Done right from the standpoint open carry with a concealed pistol license is the only legal way for the general public to carry in schools in MI.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Gunnut 45/454 05-04-2013 07:43

Amazing wasn't it! Legal open carry in a PUBLIC SCHOOL and no one died! No body had a heart attack, no liberals were harmed!:rofl:

lavon_andy 05-04-2013 09:08

I still think he had a peg leg like a pirate

packeagle 05-04-2013 09:49

Still wish Gov Snyder would have signed the bill and eliminated "pistol free zones." They aren't even pistol free because you can open carry with a CPL in them...

I would rather CCW and avoid the hassle. I occasionally OC, but the majority of the time its just easier to CCW.

SCmasterblaster 05-04-2013 10:27

Good job- no one got hurt.

dpadams6 05-04-2013 12:12

The more people that test this, just to prove a point, will be the downfall of the loophole in the law that, for the time being, makes this still legal.

mj9mm 05-04-2013 12:34

the interesting part for me was that the children didn't notice.:cool: maybe they haven't been fed the BS that many liberal districts push.

Bruce M 05-04-2013 14:32

"... his wife was not happy with him over the stunt."

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpadams6 (Post 20245882)
The more people that test this, just to prove a point, will be the downfall of the loophole in the law that, for the time being, makes this still legal.

It is usually difficult to predict the future accurately, but I would guess this may be the result.

dpadams6 05-04-2013 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce M (Post 20246170)
"... his wife was not happy with him over the stunt."

It is usually difficult to predict the future accurately, but I would guess this may be the result.

Yes, unfortunately its a matter of time. I cringe when I hear these stories because it gets so much bad media attention and in the end, it will have a negative affect on gun carry laws. Which is the exact opposite of what ccw/cpl holders want.

xmanhockey7 05-04-2013 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpadams6 (Post 20245882)

He was there for a reason. He wasn't doing it to prove a point. Many have OCed in schools especially on election day. No real issues.

jthrelf 05-04-2013 15:02

Is Michigan the only state that allows any type of carry in schools?

Can teachers open carry in Mich?

Recalcitrant 05-04-2013 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 (Post 20246198)
He was there for a reason. He wasn't doing it to prove a point. ...

Wasn't doing it to prove a point? :wow: Isn't that EXACTLY what he was doing? Now, it's fine if you agree with his point, but he was certainly aiming to prove one.

He notified various law enforcement agencies and recorded it for publication. Parents don't typically do that when they go to pick up their children. This wasn't causal happenstance that just ended up on Youtube somehow.

Lord 05-04-2013 15:58

that deputy, while acknowledging that there is nothing she can do about it (legally), seems to be chomping at the bit... bet she was just waiting for the proverbial "one wrong move".

Thanks to that Dad for illustrating that we're the good guys! FrankenFeinstein, Bloomberg, Cuomo, Dems, obama... the rights stealers.. .they're they bad guys!

NEOH212 05-04-2013 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourthPointOfContact (Post 20245139)
How so, "done correctly"?

Because he made his point without acting like the typical activist. He made his point respectfully and tastefully.

It's my opinion that guys like this are more likely to do the open carry cause good than those that act like jerks and look for trouble with the police, even if they don't think their actions are doing so.

The open carry movement needs more guys like this.

brokenprism 05-04-2013 18:46

That's BS from the deputy about the kids being scared. Kids think guns are cool. And ask the kids in Israeli schools, when their teachers have M1s on their shoulders, if they're afraid. We teach them what's normal. The whiners are trying to inculcate a baseless fear and loathing of firearms in kids and they ought to be (a) ashamed, and (b) run out of town on a rail.

dpadams6 05-04-2013 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOH212 (Post 20246454)
Because he made his point without acting like the typical activist. He made his point respectfully and tastefully.

It's my opinion that guys like this are more likely to do the open carry cause good than those that act like jerks and look for trouble with the police, even if they don't think their actions are doing so.

The open carry movement needs more guys like this.

After all the school shootings across the country. And you think open carrying a gun inside a school amongst school children will help the ccw/cpl cause? Yeah, it sounds good and all "because he stood up for the constitution " and "he was within his legal right ". I can assure you its not helping the cause. Within time and more of this type of incidents occurring, the state legislatures will eventually feel compelled to change the loophole in the law to prevent these people from "trying to prove a point ". stay tuned and soon I will say "I told you so "