Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The Beretta Wheel has Morphed (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483037)

Shipwreck-The-Sequel 04-21-2013 09:42

The Beretta Wheel has Morphed

No more "wheel" -- Sorry...

Just the guys in marching formation now :D:D

I got rid of my railed models and compacts. Picked up 2 more 92FS model with factory night sights yesterday - New.

I only like the balance of the non railed, fullsize models... I could tell a difference in the balance of the models with a rail.. More front heavy...

After you've owned almost everything at one point or another, you figure out what ya like best... I've gone all in...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...psa1d376ca.jpg

arclight610 04-21-2013 09:43

If I was Beretta, I'd be wanting my stickers back

Shipwreck-The-Sequel 04-21-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by arclight610 (Post 20207339)
If I was Beretta, I'd be wanting my stickers back

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel 04-21-2013 10:00

I actually sold my last M9A1 and Compact last week and picked up the two new 92FS with factory nightsights yesterday :)

NeverMore1701 04-21-2013 13:27

By far my favorite handgun, though I only have two. Would like to score a 92G at some point.

Motor City Glocker 04-21-2013 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel (Post 20207334)
No more "wheel" --

After you've owned almost everything at one point or another, you figure out what ya like best... I've gone all in...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...psa1d376ca.jpg

I know just what you mean Shipwreck. I've tried just about every .45 pistol out there and the one that's most effective in my hands is a 1911 (preforably a Colt).

jcbarlow 04-21-2013 13:48

What is your reason for having many of the same gun? I know it is your money and you don't have to have a reason (or explain yourself for that matter). I'm just truly curious.

Great looking guns you got there, by the way.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

bac1023 04-21-2013 14:12

Very nice, my friend :cool:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel 04-21-2013 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbarlow (Post 20207971)
What is your reason for having many of the same gun? I know it is your money and you don't have to have a reason (or explain yourself for that matter). I'm just truly curious.

Great looking guns you got there, by the way.

Well, I have had duplicates of the same gun a few times... In the past, but just two. And, I'd ALWAYS end up selling one of them to pay for something new I'd eventually come across.

However, I have been in constant gun buying mode since around 1996. And, I've owned many different weapons since 1993. I am always buying something, and paying off a gun. And, I have my next 2 or 3 gun purchases all planned out. And, I'd always be selling something that I lost interest in - so I could buy the next thing or pay something off. I've been doing this for years.

Over the years, I've owned just about everything. And, I can honestly say that now, when I go to one of the huge gun shows, I really don't see anything left that I want. I either don't care for it, or I've already previously owned it.

As for the Berettas specifically... I've always liked the platform, and I've owned several over the years. About 4 years ago, I got the bug again. And, I started carrying a fullsize 92 concealed over 3 years ago. Then, I started getting some of the variants.

Over time, I found that the platform is my fav. I know how to strip the frame down completely, and I can customize/change parts on my own. Also, I shoot them very well, and I found that with rubber grip panels, I like the platform even better than I do 1911s. In a 1 handed grip, the 92 balances super nicely. I really like the undercut of the trigger guard too. The gun seems to fit my hand better than anything else I have ever owned

Over time, I started collecting a 2nd set - a set I would occasionally shoot, but one that would mostly sit in the safe and not get beat up like the ones I use for carry guns. At first, I bought the first duplicate as a gift I would hold on to for when my son got older. And, I sorta told myself that with the purchase of each duplicate.

Now, in the past few months, I sold off my railed models (92A1s and M9A1) and my 92 compacts. I've decided to just stick to my absolute favorite model. The weight of the rails throw off the balance a little, IMHO. And, I don't like the checkering Beretta uses (like on the M9A1) as much as I do the standard grip serrations...

After owning so many varied guns - I've just gone ahead and invested fully in this platform. I have tons of spare parts and extra mags. And, honestly, the only thing I really feel like buying is more Beretta 92s - hahaha.

But admittedly, at one time, I never understood the guys who bought so many Glocks, or so many of whatever... Now, I am that guy. And, I understand that most people won't get it. It's just the platform I like the most after all my experience with everything else.

I like having backups, and I really don't want anything else but more of the same model... However, the breaks are on. I've cut my 92 collection down by losing some of the variants. Now, 4 are for me to play with - and the two with no night sights will be for my son one day when he is older.

WayneJessie 04-21-2013 15:31

I'm glad we all don't like the exact same thing. I could certainly go duplicate crazy with one or two guns I like.

skeeter7 04-21-2013 22:42

Nice collection. Congrats on the two new Berettas! :thumbsup:

JayAK 04-21-2013 22:54

Very nice collection. I love the 92FS, it is iconic.

p01ic3m4n 04-22-2013 00:20

Chow Yun Fat would be proud.

steve1911 04-22-2013 00:36

Very nice collection.

1911club#410

jcbarlow 04-22-2013 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel (Post 20208047)
Well, I have had duplicates of the same gun a few times... In the past, but just two. And, I'd ALWAYS end up selling one of them to pay for something new I'd eventually come across.

I like having backups, and I really don't want anything else but more of the same model... However, the breaks are on. I've cut my 92 collection down by losing some of the variants. Now, 4 are for me to play with - and the two with no night sights will be for my son one day when he is older.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Again, great collection you've got there. :thumbup:

fnfalman 04-22-2013 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbarlow (Post 20207971)

He wants to be the next Chow Yun Fat in John Woo movies?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel 04-22-2013 11:37

I'm sending off a slide tomorrow for night sights to be installed - for one of the remaining 2 that still have regular sights :supergrin:

Bruce M 04-22-2013 14:38

Very nice but kind of sad to see the wheel go. It has been somewhat of a fixture here.

NeverMore1701 04-22-2013 15:24

Six is still enough for a wheel :supergrin:

G26S239 04-22-2013 16:28

RIP Beretta wheel. :angel: