Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carry Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Concealed-carry law fails in Illinois House (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1482901)

Gpruitt54 04-20-2013 08:52

Concealed-carry law fails in Illinois House

Concealed-carry law fails in Illinois House
I should have known this would happen. Illinois sucks, and I live here.

After an hour long debate in the Illinois House, a measure backed by the National Rifle Association that would have allowed certain, qualified Illinoisans to carry loaded weapons in public fell seven votes short of passage.

http://herald-review.com/news/local/...a4bcf887a.html

Jakestir 04-20-2013 08:53

Constitutional carry here we come

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Gpruitt54 04-20-2013 09:07

I've heard many people getting all giddy over the idea of ConstitutionalCarry. Remember, we are talking about Illinois, and Constitutional Carry willnever happen... Not here.

The split among the politicians will end with a pretty stupid bill thatmakes both sides happy (kind of). Something like what is currently proposed.Something like individual cities being able to allow or disallow CCW in theircity or county. Something like Cook County with no CCW and everyone else havingCCW.

Something like that means that in Illinois, your 2nd amendment rights aredetermined by your zipcode.

Jakestir 04-20-2013 09:18

Oh ya its going to be a mess over the next couple months

Python-Hunter 04-20-2013 09:31

When has the Illinois Legislature ever done anything for the benefit of the people?
They ALL NEED to be VOTED OUT!

glock_collector 04-20-2013 11:17

Crime should go down now in chi-town...

nursetim 04-20-2013 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 (Post 20204576)
I've heard many people getting all giddy over the idea of ConstitutionalCarry. Remember, we are talking about Illinois, and Constitutional anything willnever happen... Not here.

The split among the politicians will end with a pretty stupid bill thatmakes both sides happy (kind of). Something like what is currently proposed.Something like individual cities being able to allow or disallow CCW in theircity or county. Something like Cook County with no CCW and everyone else havingCCW.

Something like that means that in Illinois, your 2nd amendment rights aredetermined by your zipcode.

There fixed it for you.

SCmasterblaster 04-21-2013 17:10

I'd move to IN.

05shadow 04-21-2013 20:47

I live in IL and cant wait to be able to CC. Thank GOD I DONT live in cook county or as we call it around here crook county

Wishoot 04-22-2013 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Python-Hunter (Post 20204642)
When has the Illinois Legislature ever done anything for the benefit of the people?
They ALL NEED to be VOTED OUT!

Sadly, this comment is dead-on. Only crooked, Northern Illinois politicians have a voice.

Too bad they can't figure out a way to remove Cook County from the rest of the state.

Fulnix 04-22-2013 18:39

Just one of the many reasons I'm moving back to WI. I've been here since 2004 and things have only slid farther down hill in all aspects. Chicago was a great time but I'm ready to let it wither and die. IMHO it's just behind New York, at least at the moment I can still get a big gulp.

porschedog 04-22-2013 18:47

I'm sure the mayor has armed guards, but the common folk doesn't deserve to be able to protect themselves

unit1069 04-22-2013 22:10

Isn't Illinois under federal court order to pass a CCW law before a certain deadline, to conform with the US Constitution?

If a law isn't passed by the IL legislature and signed into law won't CCW automatically become valid in the state?

Quote:

Illinois is the only state in the nation that continues to prohibit public weapons possession. But a federal appeals court ruled the ban unconstitutional in December and ordered lawmakers to enact a law allowing it. Rep. Brandon Phelps, D-Harrisburg, the concealed carry legislation sponsor, said if the Legislature misses the deadline, "constitutional carry" — allowing possession of any weapon without a permit — would take effect. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/i...a35455aa2.html

Jakestir 04-22-2013 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit1069 (Post 20212438)
Isn't Illinois under federal court order to pass a CCW law before a certain deadline, to conform with the US Constitution?

If a law isn't passed by the IL legislature and signed into law won't CCW automatically become valid in the state?

Jun 9 is the deadline. If nothing is done then constitutional carry will be in affect. The only problem is some jack wagon in cook county said they will ignore the court order.

vafish 04-23-2013 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakestir (Post 20212530)
Jun 9 is the deadline. If nothing is done then constitutional carry will be in affect. The only problem is some jack wagon in cook county said they will ignore the court order.

That should make for a great lawsuit.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

Python-Hunter 04-23-2013 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit1069 (Post 20212438)

My understanding is that "Open Carry" will become valid!

Jakestir 04-23-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Python-Hunter (Post 20213347)
My understanding is that "Open Carry" will become valid!

As far as I know all forms of carry will be allowed. However every county and city could have there own laws regulating it. Could be a huge mess.

Gunnut 45/454 04-23-2013 09:58

Jakestir
As long as they conform with "Constitutional carry" otherwise they'd be in violation of the Federal courts! Meaning they could not blanket restrict carry either open nor concealed in public!:supergrin:

Jakestir 04-23-2013 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 (Post 20213402)
Jakestir
As long as they conform with "Constitutional carry" otherwise they'd be in violation of the Federal courts! Meaning they could not blanket restrict carry either open nor concealed in public!:supergrin:

True but in county A it could be ok to carry a gun where alcohol is served but in county B it would be illegal. Just an example of the confusion that could arise.

Also the one of the dumb dumbs in charge in chicago claim they will ignore the court ruling. Things are going to get interesting.

vinstang67 04-23-2013 12:33

Some reading.....:
http://ivn.us/icon/2013/04/14/little...arry-deadline/

If they go with "may issue," I do not expext them issuing much if any.

I also wonder about reciprocity.