Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   War Veteran Arrested for “Rudely Displaying” Rifle (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1482216)

HerrGlock 04-16-2013 06:18

War Veteran Arrested for “Rudely Displaying” Rifle
 
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ing-rifle.html

BlackPaladin 04-16-2013 06:50

Jambog (I think this was moved to ct)

schitbag was fishing for attention and got it.

gwalchmai 04-16-2013 06:51

That's gonna hurt.

fnfalman 04-16-2013 08:07

So much for owning and carrying guns in the freedom state of Texas.

mgs 04-16-2013 08:09

What a Circus! Both sides acting stupidly like our current POTUS.

Psychman 04-16-2013 08:23

"Rudely displaying a gun"?? Let us know what happens in this case please.

badge315 04-16-2013 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychman (Post 20190750)
"Rudely displaying a gun"?? Let us know what happens in this case please.


Kevinr20 04-16-2013 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPaladin (Post 20190568)
Jambog (I think this was moved to ct)

schitbag was fishing for attention and got it.

Hiking with your rifle is fishing for attention? What did he do that's illegal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

TK-421 04-16-2013 08:46

Well, from what the article says, it sounds like he'll eventually be getting a fat wad of cash. Would be interesting to hear the police's side of the story, and what was going through their head at the time, and why they did what they did.

WarCry 04-16-2013 09:00

Isn't open carry illegal in TX? The rifle in front of him rather than across his back COULD (could, not is, will, or should) be seen as a type of open-carry. Plus the article says he had a .45 with him. Concealed or not?

Now, without watching any video (because I don't need to; I won't be on the jury anyway), the resisting arrest stuff could cause the police problems if he wasn't. But Texas laws, from what I know, aren't all that open in regards to open carry.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

TBO 04-16-2013 09:05

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481692

He's an activist who staged a confrontation.
Now he's crafting a tale to seek support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

G36's Rule 04-16-2013 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarCry (Post 20190837)
Isn't open carry illegal in TX? The rifle in front of him rather than across his back COULD (could, not is, will, or should) be seen as a type of open-carry. Plus the article says he had a .45 with him. Concealed or not?

Now, without watching any video (because I don't need to; I won't be on the jury anyway), the resisting arrest stuff could cause the police problems if he wasn't. But Texas laws, from what I know, aren't all that open in regards to open carry.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

"Open carry" or lack thereof only applies to handguns in Texas. Perfectly legal to carry rifles or shotguns in the open.

That isn't going to stop some dip**** cop from trying to cause a scene if he so desires.

TBO 04-16-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36's Rule (Post 20190944)
"Open carry" or lack thereof only applies to handguns in Texas. Perfectly legal to carry rifles or shotguns in the open.

That isn't going to stop some dip**** cop from trying to cause a scene if he so desires.

Read the link above your post.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

G36's Rule 04-16-2013 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 20190948)
Read the link above your post.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

Your point?

TBO 04-16-2013 09:48

Information, for anyone actually interested in forming an opinion on actual facts/behavior/circumstances/history.
If that's not you, my apologies.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

G36's Rule 04-16-2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 20190966)
Information, for anyone actually interested in forming an opinion on actual facts/behavior/circumstances/history.
If that's not you, my apologies.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

What fact does anything in there provide other than it is legal to carry a rifle in the open?

Think about that for a bit.

TBO 04-16-2013 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36's Rule (Post 20190975)
What fact does anything in there provide other than it is legal to carry a rifle in the open?

Think about that for a bit.

Childish.
It's legal to drive a car, yet you can be stopped for that.
And yes, even arrested.

It's clear you're not interested in anything other than siding with someone who you believe shares a value you treasure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

Detectorist 04-16-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36's Rule (Post 20190958)
Your point?

The guy refused a request from an LEO to put his weapon down. That's a reasonable request anywhere in the U.S. under the circumstances.

The officer received a report of a MWAG. He is obligated to investigate. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

ray9898 04-16-2013 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detectorist (Post 20190986)
That's a reasonable request anywhere in the U.S. under the circumstances.

Not on GT.

G36's Rule 04-16-2013 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detectorist (Post 20190986)
The guy refused a request from an LEO to put his weapon down. That's a reasonable request anywhere in the U.S. under the circumstances.

The officer received a report of a MWAG. He is obligated to investigate. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

There video of that? If so then the guy is a dumbass.

gwalchmai 04-16-2013 10:15

"Rudely displaying" sounds like "strenuously objecting".

HerrGlock 04-16-2013 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwalchmai (Post 20191028)
"Rudely displaying" sounds like "strenuously objecting".

Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."

mgs 04-16-2013 10:43

His rifle carry is at the ready position.....not over the shoulder. What would his handgun carry at the ready position look like? I guess they (people who called the Police) did not like it and neither did the Police. I would say they both needed to take a step back and breath. If the gun guy was really dangerous, their car and windshield would have holes in them. I don't think the gun guy felt he was in danger or he would have unloaded on them. Just silly talk to me on video.

gjk5 04-16-2013 10:44

This would never happen in Texas........

fnfalman 04-16-2013 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36's Rule (Post 20190944)
"Open carry" or lack thereof only applies to handguns in Texas. Perfectly legal to carry rifles or shotguns in the open.

That isn't going to stop some dip**** cop from trying to cause a scene if he so desires.

Yeah, we know, you are one of those types of "good" citizens who will let anybody steamroll over your rights.

If black people were like you, they'd still be riding in the back of the bus.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.