Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Saw this and thought about GT (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481609)

mjkeat 04-11-2013 22:47

Saw this and thought about GT
 
and all those here who recommended Hi-Point as a viable defensive handgun.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse8741a23.jpg

Angry Fist 04-11-2013 22:48

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/files...muntz-haha.jpg

m2hmghb 04-11-2013 23:52

It is a viable defensive handgun, every manufacturer puts out bad product.

countrygun 04-12-2013 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by m2hmghb (Post 20178457)
It is a viable defensive handgun, every manufacturer puts out bad product.

don't break his heart by telling him about Glock Ka-booms, best he doesn't know.

Didn't Ruger redhawks blow a few barrels off?

I heard some S&W's had problems. Didn't some model 19 forcing cones crack?

skeeter7 04-12-2013 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 20178470)
don't break his heart by telling him about Glock Ka-booms, best he doesn't know.

Didn't Ruger redhawks blow a few barrels off?

I heard some S&W's had problems. Didn't some model 19 forcing cones crack?

You had to go and let the cat outta the bag, didn't you? :tongueout:

Nakanokalronin 04-12-2013 00:21

Not 100% sure, but it looks like a .40 model. Sorry, but the .40 and blown up handguns are too common to fault Hi-Point on that one. Other calibers can do it too, but over the past 15 years of me making a mental tally of blown up handguns, the .40 has them all beat.

bac1023 04-12-2013 01:50

My Hi Point works fine. I never had an issue with it. I feel it's a viable option for someone who has a very tight budget. They are ugly and clunky, but they work. There are many guns in their price range that don't.

By the way, Mike, HPs are built from the same materials that your beloved M&P22 is, plastic and zinc.

bac1023 04-12-2013 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 20178470)
don't break his heart by telling him about Glock Ka-booms, best he doesn't know.

Didn't Ruger redhawks blow a few barrels off?

I heard some S&W's had problems. Didn't some model 19 forcing cones crack?

Mike can't be reasoned with, my friend. :)

He's a one trick pony.

12131 04-12-2013 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 20178572)
Mike can't be reasoned with, my friend. :)

He's a one trick pony.

Preach it, brother.:supergrin:

Bruce M 04-12-2013 04:20

Not sure if that physically hurt someone when it happened (hopefully not) but I bet it surprised whoever was there.

firefighter4215 04-12-2013 04:28

I seriously doubt that it's Hi-Point's fault. Regardless, I bet they replaced the gun for free. They seem to have one of the best warranties in the industry.

vafish 04-12-2013 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 20178470)
don't break his heart by telling him about Glock Ka-booms, best he doesn't know.

Didn't Ruger redhawks blow a few barrels off?

I heard some S&W's had problems. Didn't some model 19 forcing cones crack?

Never heard of Ruger Redhawks blowing barrels off, but I had a barrel break right where it screws into the receiver on a S&W 64.

Guess we shouldn't count on S&W revolvers for self defense either.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

SouthpawG26 04-12-2013 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefighter4215 (Post 20178652)
I seriously doubt that it's Hi-Point's fault. Regardless, I bet they replaced the gun for free. They seem to have one of the best warranties in the industry.

I agree. If not, this will be a Low Point for Hi Point...:supergrin:

Fred Hansen 04-12-2013 04:56

A little J-B Weld, some duct tape, and one of those schticky thingies--to clean the shrapnel out of the shooter's face and eyeballs--and it's good to go!

countrygun 04-12-2013 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafish (Post 20178675)
Never heard of Ruger Redhawks blowing barrels off, but I had a barrel break right where it screws into the receiver on a S&W 64.

Guess we shouldn't count on S&W revolvers for self defense either.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

it way why they came out with the Super Redhawk . it turned out that the wrong "stuff" had been applied to the barrel threads

wjv 04-12-2013 13:33

How many times have we told you. . . Guns and band-saws don't mix!!!!

Jason D 04-12-2013 18:56

I'm sure they would replace the gun. They do carry a life time warranty. Not my cup of tea, but not everyone can pluck down 1000 bucks for a gun. Even 500 is to much for some. Why should they be barred from self defense because they can't afford a Sig or whatever?

High Points serve a purpose. For that I am glad.

Paul53 04-12-2013 21:14

Looks like it was hit with a light saber, or maybe someone mounted a laser vertically instead of horizontally.

glock2740 04-12-2013 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Hansen (Post 20178688)
A little J-B Weld, some duct tape, and one of those schticky thingies--to clean the shrapnel out of the shooter's face and eyeballs--and it's good to go!

:rofl:

rednoved 04-12-2013 21:53

:eek:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.