Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caliber Corner (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Happiness is 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo for $220! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1478163)

bunk22 03-21-2013 17:46

Happiness is 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo for $220!
 
115gr TMJ...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62...psb19422f8.jpg

Jakestir 03-21-2013 17:51

Ammo gods must be happy today. I just picked up 500 rounds of 40 s&w for $200.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

SCmasterblaster 03-21-2013 19:29

Good deals, gentlemen.

robhic 03-22-2013 08:26

Unless you got it direct from the manufacturer, I notice you didn't disclose your source!!! :supergrin: Wherefore didist thou obtain such magical quantity ammo?

MSims 03-22-2013 09:58

Well Ten-x are reloads... But your not gonna find anywhere close to that price now... minimum of $30 for a 1000 now...

SCmasterblaster 03-24-2013 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSims (Post 20112488)
Well Ten-x are reloads... But your not gonna find anywhere close to that price now... minimum of $30 for a 1000 now...

Ten-x's are reloads? They sure are boxed nice, in the photo above.

Jeff Hughes 03-24-2013 12:23

The term in the industry is "remanufactured". Properly processed "once fired brass" turns out like new. There are many companies like Ten-X. www.atlantaarmandammo.com is one of the more prestigious.

SCmasterblaster 03-24-2013 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Hughes (Post 20119101)
The term in the industry is "remanufactured". Properly processed "once fired brass" turns out like new. There are many companies like Ten-X. www.atlantaarmandammo.com is one of the more prestigious.

I wonder where they get all of their brass from?

SDGlock23 03-24-2013 12:35

I remember about 7-8 years ago buying 1000rds of .45 for $220. Too bad those days aren't coming back. I even thought 500rds of .40 for $70 was high, geez.

SCmasterblaster 03-24-2013 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDGlock23 (Post 20119132)
I remember about 7-8 years ago buying 1000rds of .45 for $220. Too bad those days aren't coming back. I even thought 500rds of .40 for $70 was high, geez.

That is what we get for electing a Kenyan to the White House.

Jeff Hughes 03-24-2013 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster (Post 20119116)
I wonder where they get all of their brass from?

They buy it in bulk, it's almost always mixed head stamp 55 gallon drums with 90000+/- cases(9mm).

There are brass processing machines that pressure check, split check, remove primer, prep primer pocket, and roll size to factory specs.

"Once fired" is an industry term, there is actually no way to be sure, that's why proper processing is so important.

SCmasterblaster 03-25-2013 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Hughes (Post 20119726)
They buy it in bulk, it's almost always mixed head stamp 55 gallon drums with 90000+/- cases(9mm).

There are brass processing machines that pressure check, split check, remove primer, prep primer pocket, and roll size to factory specs.

"Once fired" is an industry term, there is actually no way to be sure, that's why proper processing is so important.

Thank you for the info.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.