Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Black Rifle Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What's the best deal on an upper right now? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1475886)

Kadetklapp 03-07-2013 20:18

What's the best deal on an upper right now?
 
If I were going to do a build, who would the brain trust here suggest for the best upper? I'm looking at R Guns or JT. Looking to spend $500-ish on a complete m4 heavy upper, flat top, no sights.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

ddbtoth 03-07-2013 20:26

Keep an eye on PSA and Aim Surplus-uppers will pop up and be gone in a hour. Good luck!

Gunnut 45/454 03-07-2013 20:33

Get on what ever waiting list you'd like! You might have a better chance of getting all the parts and do it yourself! Haven't seen a "Complete" upper in quite awhile! Everone I've seen is sans BCG and charging handle!:whistling:

stilinsm 03-07-2013 21:15

pkfirearms
I have Alertbox setup on Firefox monitoring the various upper pages. Get atleast a ping or two everyday of full uppers in stock.
They ship fast too.. next day typically.

NBT 03-07-2013 21:34

PSA has an upper in stock at the moment...doubt they will be there long..bit more than $500 though...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

16" Barrel length
"Machine Gun Steel" Barrel
Hammer Forged barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist rate
chrome-lined bore
M4 Feed ramps
PSA SQR 11" Free-float rail
Mid-length Gas system
A2 Flash Hider
Forged upper receiver
"Covert" unmarked upper

larson1122 03-07-2013 21:53

Get on the email notification lists at Bravo Company. They've been putting up small batches fairly regulary and have added the option to add a BCG and charging handle with your upper purchase.

K. Foster 03-07-2013 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBT (Post 20067435)
PSA has an upper in stock at the moment...doubt they will be there long..bit more than $500 though...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

16" Barrel length
"Machine Gun Steel" Barrel
Hammer Forged barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist rate
chrome-lined bore
M4 Feed ramps
PSA SQR 11" Free-float rail
Mid-length Gas system
A2 Flash Hider
Forged upper receiver
"Covert" unmarked upper

Anybody have any info or opinions on that SQR rail??

Kadetklapp 03-08-2013 06:02

Wow. Rguns uppers with bcg and a selection of hand guards, barrel specs, and color beat a lot of those others.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

stilinsm 03-08-2013 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadetklapp (Post 20068170)
Wow. Rguns uppers with bcg and a selection of hand guards, barrel specs, and color beat a lot of those others.

posted using [URL="http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/"]Outdoor Hub Campfire[/URL]

yeah...before you get all giddy about rguns, you might want to check [URL="http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/598664_Rguns_net_uppers.html"]this[/URL] thread first

KalashniKEV 03-08-2013 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Foster (Post 20067606)
Anybody have any info or opinions on that SQR rail??

It looks exactly like an SWS rail with smaller holes.

Palmetto/ SQR:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/media...95/s/q/sqr.jpg

Noveskse/ SWS:
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...ovekserail.jpg

K. Foster 03-08-2013 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalashniKEV (Post 20069509)
It looks exactly like an SWS rail with smaller holes.

Very similar, thank you.

Cole125 03-08-2013 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBT (Post 20067435)
PSA has an upper in stock at the moment...doubt they will be there long..bit more than $500 though...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

16" Barrel length
"Machine Gun Steel" Barrel
Hammer Forged barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist rate
chrome-lined bore
M4 Feed ramps
PSA SQR 11" Free-float rail
Mid-length Gas system
A2 Flash Hider
Forged upper receiver
"Covert" unmarked upper

PSA does nothing to secure their low profile gas blocks on their uppers.

Warp 03-08-2013 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by larson1122 (Post 20067498)
Get on the email notification lists at Bravo Company. They've been putting up small batches fairly regulary and have added the option to add a BCG and charging handle with your upper purchase.

This exactly.

Watch BCM's site and sign up for email notifications on all of the uppers. The 16" mid-lengths (no rails) especially. $459 for the 'complete' upper, lately with an option to add a BCM BCG and gunfighter charging handle for another $270.

Can't beat that.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadetklapp (Post 20068170)
Wow. Rguns uppers with bcg and a selection of hand guards, barrel specs, and color beat a lot of those others.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

You couldn't pay me to run an rguns upper or BCG, and I sure as hell won't ever be giving them any money.

ColdBlooded 03-08-2013 22:45

I have Google Chrome and I have a page notifier that alerts me whenever the page changes on the BCM Uppers web page. I have it sorted by availability, so whenever any upper becomes available, it moves to the top of the list, and the page notifier informs me. Pretty slick.

KalashniKEV 03-09-2013 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdBlooded (Post 20071124)
I have Google Chrome and I have a page notifier that alerts me whenever the page changes on the BCM Uppers web page. I have it sorted by availability, so whenever any upper becomes available, it moves to the top of the list, and the page notifier informs me. Pretty slick.

...except that they never hit the page. Just sign up for the inventory alert.

Warp 03-09-2013 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalashniKEV (Post 20073949)
...except that they never hit the page. Just sign up for the inventory alert.

You haven't been paying attention.

BCM uppers have been in stock for an hour or longer multiple times in the past week. On the website. Even with the BCG + gunfighter CH option...an hour plus on the sight.

What doesn't happen reliably is an email notification that you get in time.

Just watch this thread:
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661


When BCM uppers come in stock, somebody will quickly post it there

ColdBlooded 03-09-2013 23:06

This!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp (Post 20074023)
You haven't been paying attention.

BCM uppers have been in stock for an hour or longer multiple times in the past week. On the website. Even with the BCG + gunfighter CH option...an hour plus on the sight.

What doesn't happen reliably is an email notification that you get in time.

Just watch this thread:
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661


When BCM uppers come in stock, somebody will quickly post it there

I have posted the availability of uppers multiple times.

KalashniKEV 03-11-2013 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp (Post 20074023)
You haven't been paying attention.

No, because I already have all the uppers I need and would rather buy ammunition when I can find it.

On Ammunition, I have recently scored several times with lots that were pre-sold through notifications, and never hit the site.

Apparently BCM's corporate procedures aren't as reliable as their rifles... which is surprising.

FatBoy 03-11-2013 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadetklapp (Post 20068170)
Wow. Rguns uppers with bcg and a selection of hand guards, barrel specs, and color beat a lot of those others.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

People have been waiting for months for "in stock" BCGs from R*. Then they tried(not anymore) that $100 restock fee if you canceled the order. I was never a fan anyhow; do what you wish with your cash.

FB

Warp 03-11-2013 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalashniKEV (Post 20073949)
...except that they never hit the page. Just sign up for the inventory alert.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalashniKEV (Post 20077880)
No, because I already have all the uppers I need and would rather buy ammunition when I can find it.

Okay, so maybe you aren't shopping for a BCM upper so you aren't paying attention, I don't know...

...but BCM complete uppers have spent many hours, continuous, in stock, on the website, multiple times in the past week or two. With a BCG + charging handle add-on option (when you couldn't buy a BCG by itself)

And I can virtually guarantee a complete BCM upper will be on the website at least once this week.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.