Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What are the "left/liberal" things you get? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1475718)

Rabbi 03-06-2013 22:56

What are the "left/liberal" things you get?

What are liberal/leftist ideas that you are sympathetic to or at least can understand why a lot of people think it is a good idea? (and why?)

That doest mean you agree or support it (of course it could mean that) It simply means what I asked. What are some of the ideals of liberalism/ left leaning thought that you get?

For example. I am sympathetic to gay marriage.

Given the things said around here, I know plenty of you are sympathetic to price controls, unions, wage caps, socialized medicine...and a lot of other issues.

So, who is first?

Butcher 03-06-2013 23:00

Gun control

Hahaha jk

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

og23 03-06-2013 23:02

Gay marriage, pro choice, separation of church and state. I think religion should not be a factor in any laws and freedom includes choices too.

Kingarthurhk 03-06-2013 23:04

I am for the First Amendment and the division of church and state. I would hope there would be consvatives who would also not want a state based religion.

Clusterfrack 03-06-2013 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by og23 (Post 20064564)
Gay marriage, pro choice, separation of church and state. I think religion should not be a factor in any laws and freedom includes choices too.

+1

On the other hand I don't share liberals' support of gun control, limited access to wildlands, and a bunch of other things.

Diesel McBadass 03-06-2013 23:19

I support gay marriage. Got gay family. I hate seeing them discriminated against by laws made by religous types.

dizmodeus 03-06-2013 23:28

Uh......................I like pie

ilgunguygt 03-06-2013 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbi (Post 20064553)
What are liberal/leftist ideas that you are sympathetic to or at least can understand why a lot of people think it is a good idea? (and why?)

That doest mean you agree or support it (of course it could mean that) It simply means what I asked. What are some of the ideals of liberalism/ left leaning thought that you get?

For example. I am sympathetic to gay marriage.

Given the things said around here, I know plenty of you are sympathetic to price controls, unions, wage caps, socialized medicine...and a lot of other issues.

So, who is first?

Gay Marriage. I dont care if Bill and Bob or Nancy and Sue want to get married. They cant possibly screw up marriage more than straight people already have.

Marijuana prohibition. It plain doesnt work.

Medicaid. If we dont provide basic level healthcare to the bums we will provide it at emergency centers at 10 times the price when the conditions are 10 times worse. Its about saving us taxpayers some money on the deal. I ould rather we pay a 50 dollar office visit and a 30 dollar script then they default on a 5k dollar emergency room and hospital stay that drives the cost of all of our healthcare even higher. Lots dont agree with me on that, I dont care.

vart 03-06-2013 23:33

Environmental protection... To a point...

vart 03-06-2013 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizmodeus (Post 20064604)
Uh......................I like pie

Pro-lesbian??:whistling:

ray9898 03-06-2013 23:35

I echo the above.....get out of the bedroom, let women make their own decisions and get religion out of politics.

TK-421 03-06-2013 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by og23 (Post 20064564)

Same here.

Gay marriage - Let people decide for themselves what they want to do. It's not your right to try and dictate other people's lives based upon your own choices. ESPECIALLY when they don't believe the same stuff you do.

Abortion - See above.

Religion (Separation of Church and State) - See above.

I always get a laugh when someone claims they're republican and pro-small government, and then starts going on and on about how the government needs to be super big, so that it can force everybody to follow their beliefs, because somehow, they know what's best for everybody. :rofl:

Pick one or the other, you can't have both.

Harper 03-06-2013 23:50

Abortion - I think it's wrong but I can't logically grant legal rights to something that can't biologically exist as an individual; especially rights that trump the rights of the individual whose body it is a part of.

ray9898 03-07-2013 00:03

Both sides spout 'freedom' as long as the topic is inline with their agenda. The moment it is not is the moment they have no problem using the power of government to bring you in line.

HollowPoint .45 03-07-2013 00:09

While I am mostly pro-life I can see where a woman who is a rape victim would want to have an abortion.

Was raised attanding Baptist churches, and while they were mostly good people, after witnessing first hand some of the foolishness ......

For example - Sister Sarah who just joined the church cant sing Amazing Grace because Sister Tina has been singing that song for 10 years. And Tina complains to the pastor after service that Sarah has stolen "her song".

Brother Bob is a professional landscaper and offers to cut the church grass for free. Deacon Jim won't let him because he's not sure that Bob will do a good job. Instead Jim brings his tractor and bush hog to church after a heavy rain, and gets stuck in the yard.

Oh yeah, I definately support the seperation of church and state.

BEER 03-07-2013 00:11

gay rights. they're people just like the rest of us. quit using your old book and morals to make them feel like 2nd class citizens.

abortion. seriously, unless you are personally willing to adopt that unwanted baby then shut your pie hole and get your nose out of everybody elses womb.

the separation of church and state. does this really need to be explained?

Tiro Fijo 03-07-2013 00:20

Gay marriage proponents have a political agenda: to force the public to accept an aberration of Nature as normal. I accept that they exist & in all likelihood are born that way. However, why is it that these same people who want me to accept a genetic aberration balk at accepting any other human predisposition for any other given group? Due
to their agenda they have selective reasoning.

Shame used to be a wonderful societal glue that induced people to adhere to social norms. Look at the society of today and then tell me straight faced that we're better off. :upeyes:

Jakestir 03-07-2013 00:21

Gay rights, pro choice, separation of church and state, health care (if done correctly), environmental protection, and minimum wage.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

BEER 03-07-2013 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo (Post 20064672)
Gay marriage proponents have a political agenda: to force the public to accept an aberration of Nature as normal. I accept that they exist & in all likelihood are born that way. However, why is it that these same people who want me to accept a genetic aberration balk at accepting any other human predisposition for any other given group? Due

Shame used to be a wonderful societal glue that induced people to adhere to social norms. Look at the society of today and then tell me straight faced that we're better off. :upeyes:

so you'd rather go back to "the good ol' days" when it was acceptable to beat your wife, colored folks had their own water fountains, and women couldn't vote? you want to own slaves, or kill an entire race because they're different too?

society grew up and evolved. some of us realized that the **** that dosen't directly effect us should be left alone.

you either know what freedom is, or you don't.

Blast 03-07-2013 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray9898 (Post 20064615)
I echo the above.....get out of the bedroom, let women make their own decisions and get religion out of politics.

Religion in politics? I guess some people have forgotten the 1st Amendment. :upeyes:

Environmental issues to a point.

Legalizing and regulating marijuana.

Other than some minor odds and ends that's about it.
I detest politically correctness. Practicality correctness is the way.

Blast 03-07-2013 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEER (Post 20064681)
so you'd rather go back to "the good ol' days" when it was acceptable to beat your wife, colored folks had their own water fountains, and women couldn't vote? you want to own slaves, or kill an entire race because they're different too?

society grew up and evolved. some of us realized that the **** that dosen't directly effect us should be left alone.

you either know what freedom is, or you don't.

So someone who disagrees with gay marriage is a proponent of domestic violence, racism, slavery, and genocide?

Wow.:rofl:

BEER 03-07-2013 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blast (Post 20064687)
So someone who disagrees with gay marriage is a proponent of domestic violence, racism, slavery, and genocide?

Wow.:rofl:

no sir, not at all. go back and re-read it how he wrote it.

AK_Stick 03-07-2013 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo (Post 20064672)

I guess perhaps, some of the proponents do.

I'm simply a bystander. I couldn't care any less what two adults do, or who they find attractive/compatible.

Some guys like fat chicks, some guys like skinny chicks, some guys like other guys.

Why do you care, who someone else sleeps with?

As long as they're willing to leave me alone, and let me live out in the boonies with too many guns, my dogs, and my beer, I'm content to let them do whatever it is they feel is their god given right to do. And who he plays hide the sausage with, is hardly my concern.

To the OP, Gay Marriage, Abortion, and Religion (Above sep church and state)

Folsom_Prison 03-07-2013 00:42

Gay rights....

If they want to miserable as everybody else so be it.

Pro choice....

IMO no one should be able to tell a person what they can/can't do to their body.

Taphius 03-07-2013 01:05

Gay rights, abortion within certain time frames, some enviromental stuff.

Wish federal gov would stop trying to influence anything that is a personal choice thay does not affect the public in general.

Businesses that do not recieve public funding and eoe. Marriage and children benefits etc etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2