Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gun-Control Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why Doesn't Glock Do The Same??? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473385)

Jet Mech 02-22-2013 14:25

Why Doesn't Glock Do The Same???
 
There are a number of firearms manufacturers that have submitted letters to the states that are banning their citizens from owning certain guns. They are cancelling open orders and refusing to conduct business with state entities that don't allow their law abiding citizens to own the weapons they produce.
Why doesn't Glock do the same? The way I understand the New York Legislation is any magazine capable loading more than 7 rounds is banned from civilian ownership. That leave only the G-36 that a New York resident can lawfully own.
Glock should show it's true feelings for our constitution by adding their name to the list of manufacturers that refuse do do business with these states.
Barrett did it with California years ago.
We need help! Glock's statement would be one heard around the world!

Jerry 02-22-2013 16:15

First and foremost Glock is not an American company. Mr. Gaston Glock could care less about our Constitution. Now if it were to "really" affect his pocketbook perhaps he would try to do something. But since he is more concerned with LEO and military contracts than citizens rights I wouldn't expect anything from Glock.

Batesmotel 02-22-2013 16:26

U.S. civilian sales are a minor afterthought to Glock. If Glock cared they would have made guns filling the requests of the shooters. Instead other manufactures filled those gaps. The reason glock won't make a compact, single stack 9mm is because no military wants one.

JAS104 02-22-2013 16:28

1) Theyre Austrian, and we're not their problem.
2) They're too busy supplying other militaries.
3) Out legislators wouldnt give a flying eff about an Europe based firearms company complaining about American laws.

Dawolf 02-22-2013 20:38

Based on the availability of their guns to us, maybe indicative of what they are doing at the moment. Glocks are few and far in between in my area.

fuzzy03cls 02-22-2013 21:13

Glock has some of the biggest LEO contracts in NY, NYPD & NYS Troopers. This isn't hurting them.

glocktecher 02-22-2013 23:05

Will someone please enlighten me as to why they think Glock (or S&W for that matter) should care more for the gov't contract market?

THEY GIVE THEM TO THOSE PEOPLE FOR $0. THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF THEM, THEY ADD IT TO THE PRICE WE PAY.

In a gun magazine I was just reading, some PD switched to S&W MP 40 and it was a one on one exchange for their old guns. PLUS, they gave them free engraving, with the dept. logo, for free. They gave them free holsters. They gave them training for, I believe, 12armorers. THE PD GAVE THEM NOTHING BUT THEIR OLD PISTOLS. NO MONEY.

And Glock has provided the county PD where I live with FREE pistols, no money paid.

SO PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN HOW ANY OF YOU THINK THEY ARE MAKING THE MONEY ON THE GOV'T AND NOT US.

There are just too many kool aid drinkers that are too lazy or stupid to stand up to Glock & S/W and demand fair treatment.

We are paying too much for these models because we are not just paying for our guns, but the money the Manf is losing by giving them away for free.

Tell Glock to stop this crap or you can buy from somebody else.

Jerry 02-23-2013 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by glocktecher (Post 20021189)
Will someone please enlighten me as to why they think Glock (or S&W for that matter) should care more for the gov't contract market?

THEY GIVE THEM TO THOSE PEOPLE FOR $0. THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF THEM, THEY ADD IT TO THE PRICE WE PAY.

In a gun magazine I was just reading, some PD switched to S&W MP 40 and it was a one on one exchange for their old guns. PLUS, they gave them free engraving, with the dept. logo, for free. They gave them free holsters. They gave them training for, I believe, 12armorers. THE PD GAVE THEM NOTHING BUT THEIR OLD PISTOLS. NO MONEY.

And Glock has provided the county PD where I live with FREE pistols, no money paid.

SO PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN HOW ANY OF YOU THINK THEY ARE MAKING THE MONEY ON THE GOV'T AND NOT US.

There are just too many kool aid drinkers that are too lazy or stupid to stand up to Glock & S/W and demand fair treatment.

We are paying too much for these models because we are not just paying for our guns, but the money the Manf is losing by giving them away for free.

Tell Glock to stop this crap or you can buy from somebody else.

Well, all I can say is S&W (under the old ownership) was the first to sell us out to Clinton. If Glock and S&W are giving every LEO and the military everything free I have no idea how they are still in business. I guarantee LEO and military trump citizen when it comes to both companies. If you have proof otherwise please post it. If you know why S&W isn't supporting us and something other than what I posted as to why Glock isn't supporting citizens rights please post that too because they sure in hell aren't.

glocktecher 02-23-2013 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 20021343)
Well, all I can say is S&W (under the old ownership) was the first to sell us out to Clinton. If Glock and S&W are giving every LEO and the military everything free I have no idea how they are still in business. I guarantee LEO and military trump citizen when it comes to both companies. If you have proof otherwise please post it. If you know why S&W isn't supporting us and something other than what I posted as to why Glock isn't supporting citizens rights please post that too because they sure in hell aren't.

I just told you. They are not making enough money to stay in business with gov't contracts, they stay in business from the civilian sales.

If I sell 50 widgets and make $1 and I sell 5 widgets and make $20, where do you think the real profit is?

I referenced the recent gun mag I read about S&W. They said they did a one on one exchange right there in the article.
PLUS all the extras they gave them.

In my suburb county of Atlanta, my neighbor (it was about 8 years ago) was on the board to pick a new weapon for the county. He told me Glock did the same, the county paid $0 for the new G22s.

Glocks will, in their own Annual, talk about PDs that got new pistols at no charge.

You seriously think they are making money off that?

THEY ARE MAKING MONEY OFF US, AND WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW TO TREAT GOV'T AGENCIES IN NON-FREE STATES THE SAME WAY THE HONEST CITIZENS ARE.

Jet Mech 02-23-2013 12:18

I can't say with any certainty where the highest profit margins are. My point is that the honest gun owning citizens of this country are a very loyal group. I believe we have the powere of numbers if they don't get corrupted by the current government's manipulation. Even Fox news has been reporting that 90% of Americans support universal background checks. We know thats pure BS. I would actually be surprised if 90% of the people agreed on anything.
I believe that Glock needs to show support for us, the average citizen, if they want our loyalty in the future.

Jet Mech 02-23-2013 12:26

I just received this and have not had time to review or validate it.
http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

I certainly hope it's true and as I stated in my original post, Glock needs to join the list.
It's ashame the media will never carry it.

Jerry 02-23-2013 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by glocktecher (Post 20022577)
I just told you. They are not making enough money to stay in business with gov't contracts, they stay in business from the civilian sales.

If I sell 50 widgets and make $1 and I sell 5 widgets and make $20, where do you think the real profit is?

I referenced the recent gun mag I read about S&W. They said they did a one on one exchange right there in the article.
PLUS all the extras they gave them.

In my suburb county of Atlanta, my neighbor (it was about 8 years ago) was on the board to pick a new weapon for the county. He told me Glock did the same, the county paid $0 for the new G22s.

Glocks will, in their own Annual, talk about PDs that got new pistols at no charge.

You seriously think they are making money off that?

THEY ARE MAKING MONEY OFF US, AND WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW TO TREAT GOV'T AGENCIES IN NON-FREE STATES THE SAME WAY THE HONEST CITIZENS ARE.

Looks like you're telling me why they SHOULD BE SUPPORTING US. Perhaps I wasn't clear or I'm not comprehending your answer. If, as you say, they are going broke because of free stuff to LEOs and government... Why aren't they supporting us? Which is the OP's original question. That's the answer I'm not seeing in your post's :dunno:

Jerry 02-23-2013 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Mech (Post 20022785)
I can't say with any certainty where the highest profit margins are. My point is that the honest gun owning citizens of this country are a very loyal group. I believe we have the powere of numbers if they don't get corrupted by the current government's manipulation. Even Fox news has been reporting that 90% of Americans support universal background checks. We know thats pure BS. I would actually be surprised if 90% of the people agreed on anything.
I believe that Glock needs to show support for us, the average citizen, if they want our loyalty in the future.

Glock knows how STUPID the average American has become. So does everyone but the MORONS themselves. Just look around this forum if you think I'm wrong. Even if Mr' Glock came out and said he was for full registration the vase majority of firearms purchasers would still but Glocks.

When S&W signed Clinton's bill I had many an argument with people that were still buying S&W products. Glocks and S&W are flying off the shelves. I don't think they are too worried about the present situation. Their sales are through the roof.

Jerry 02-23-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Mech (Post 20022808)
I just received this and have not had time to review or validate it.
http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

I certainly hope it's true and as I stated in my original post, Glock needs to join the list.
It's ashame the media will never carry it.

Jet, you just rated yourself a place in the sticky's.

Jet Mech 02-23-2013 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 20023120)
Jet, you just rated yourself a place in the sticky's.

Thanks Jerry. I just hope the list is not only true, but continuing to expand! I sent a letter to Glock asking them why they are not supporting us.

Jerry 02-23-2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Mech (Post 20023130)
Thanks Jerry. I just hope the list is not only true, but continuing to expand! I sent a letter to Glock asking them why they are not supporting us.

Can't find anything in soops. When it comes to gun control that's a good thing. :supergrin: Found all sorts of links with info on Google. Looks legit.

http://www.usaprepares.com/governmen...olice-loophole

fuzzy03cls 02-23-2013 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Mech (Post 20022808)
I just received this and have not had time to review or validate it.
http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

I certainly hope it's true and as I stated in my original post, Glock needs to join the list.
It's a shame the media will never carry it.

It's accurate & real. Yahoo had some coverage on it earlier.

CanMan 02-23-2013 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batesmotel (Post 20019869)
U.S. civilian sales are a minor afterthought to Glock. If Glock cared they would have made guns filling the requests of the shooters. Instead other manufactures filled those gaps. The reason glock won't make a compact, single stack 9mm is because no military wants one.

Agreed! I wanted a 9mm single stack so I bought a Shield. That's not absolving S&W of anything regarding LE vs civilian sales but at least they're making the pistol I want.

onebigelf 02-23-2013 22:27

One of the other posts noted it in passing "Glock has contracts....".

Contracts are legally binding.

John

steve4102 02-24-2013 08:49

I don't know how a Foreign Co. like Glock does it, but an American Co. like S&W can and does write these freebies off on their taxes.
Anytime they donate to a non-profit or a Government Agency they can write off the cost as a Tax deduction. My guess the write off would be Full Retail and then some, making their donations "profitable".


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.