Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Black Rifle Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   New company making BCG (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473090)

bug 02-20-2013 22:38

New company making BCG

Has any one used these guys yet?

http://www.rubbercityarmory.com/index.php

Talked to the guy that runs it today, super cool guy.

Says he will have more early march..

Made in my home town so I have to buy one....

Schrag4 02-20-2013 22:44

Seems like there's definitely a huge demand that the market is having trouble meeting. I bet I'm not the only one that would by ANY BCG if I could just find one. (trying to finish my first AR and all that's left is the BCG)

WoodenPlank 02-20-2013 22:48

I'm automatically skeptical of anyone new to the AR market, especially someone claiming to be doing something new and awesome that nobody else does.

The entire front page of their website is setting off alarm bells for me. Sounds like they're using the same crap as on non-stick cookware on their bolts, but dressing it up and tossing around technical terms to make it sound like it's some massive tech breakthrough.

bug 02-20-2013 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrag4 (Post 20013445)
Seems like there's definitely a huge demand that the market is having trouble meeting. I bet I'm not the only one that would by ANY BCG if I could just find one. (trying to finish my first AR and all that's left is the BCG)

Well if nothing else I hope you get parts you need it sucks to have a paper weight.

:beer:

bigmoney890 02-20-2013 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug (Post 20013421)
Has any one used these guys yet?

http://www.rubbercityarmory.com/index.php

Talked to the guy that runs it today, super cool guy.

Says he will have more early march..

Made in my home town so I have to buy one....

Decent price for a nitride coated BCG. They look like they have their stuff straight, but only time will tell. I'm not a fan of those "less lubricant" type coatings. This weapon system has been running strong for 50 years, no need to dick it up now by changing the heart of the firearm.

bug 02-20-2013 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodenPlank (Post 20013460)
I'm automatically skeptical of anyone new to the AR market, especially someone claiming to be doing something new and awesome that nobody else does.

The entire front page of their website is setting off alarm bells for me. Sounds like they're using the same crap as on non-stick cookware on their bolts, but dressing it up and tossing around technical terms to make it sound like it's some massive tech breakthrough.

Fair enough I will try one and report back

WoodenPlank 02-20-2013 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrag4 (Post 20013445)

Bravo has been getting batches of BCGs in every week or two, but they sell out fast. Email notifications have also been unreliable lately. Keep an eye out here, and on their Facebook page. If you're diligent, you'll score one pretty soon.

bug 02-20-2013 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmoney890 (Post 20013471)
Decent price for a nitride coated BCG. They look like they have their stuff straight, but only time will tell. I'm not a fan of those "less lubricant" type coatings. This weapon system has been running strong for 50 years, no need to dick it up now by changing the heart of the firearm.

I like the fail zero I have but I still use slip 2000 on it.

bigmoney890 02-20-2013 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug (Post 20013475)
I like the fail zero I have but I still use slip 2000 on it.

Well if you still have to use lubricant, there's no point in spending $100 extra on something :dunno:

bug 02-20-2013 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmoney890 (Post 20013483)
Well if you still have to use lubricant, there's no point in spending $100 extra on something :dunno:

I get little to no carbon build up its very easy to clean and it looks pretty...:supergrin:

:rofl:

bigmoney890 02-20-2013 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug (Post 20013489)
I get little to no carbon build up its very easy to clean and it looks pretty...:supergrin:

:rofl:

Fair enough :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I hope this company proves to be legit. We need as many companies cranking out great products as possible, and in turn, driving prices back down. I'm tired of getting alerts and them being sold out in ten minutes.

bug 02-20-2013 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmoney890 (Post 20013497)
Fair enough :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I hope this company proves to be legit. We need as many companies cranking out great products as possible, and in turn, driving prices back down. I'm tired of getting alerts and them being sold out in ten minutes.

I talked to the guy he seems very legit he did not try to blow smoke up my ass...

Besides his place is only a 10 min drive from my house.:whistling:

Schrag4 02-21-2013 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodenPlank (Post 20013473)
Bravo has been getting batches of BCGs in every week or two, but they sell out fast. Email notifications have also been unreliable lately. Keep an eye out here, and on their Facebook page. If you're diligent, you'll score one pretty soon.

Yeah, I've been checking the website several times each day for a few weeks now :-( I've almost broken down and gotten a 22LR conversion just so I can shoot the thing, but even those are drying up.

12131 02-22-2013 15:41

Let's see. Daniel Defense used to be a new company. So was PSA and Spike's. Come to think of it, BCM used to be a new company, also. :shocked:

I'm glad there are folks willing to give new companies at least a chance, before summarily condemning them.

WoodenPlank 02-22-2013 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12131 (Post 20019737)
Let's see. Daniel Defense used to be a new company. So was PSA and Spike's. Come to think of it, BCM used to be a new company, also. :shocked:

I'm glad there are folks willing to give new companies at least a chance, before summarily condemning them.

Condemning and suggesting a wait and see approach aren't the same.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

12131 02-22-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodenPlank (Post 20020214)
Condemning and suggesting a wait and see approach aren't the same.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

Umm, ok. Everyone knows what you wrote. But, it's not a surprise. Carry on.

WoodenPlank 02-22-2013 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12131 (Post 20020363)
Umm, ok. Everyone knows what you wrote. But, it's not a surprise. Carry on.

So, I voice a little skepticism over their claims (seriously, look up some of the terms they use - their amazing coating process is the same **** used on non-stick cook wear), and I'm a horrible person condemning the company?

If someone wants to make claims of their product being so awesome, excuse me for being a little skeptical until their claims are substantiated.

DaleGribble 02-22-2013 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodenPlank (Post 20020470)
So, I voice a little skepticism over their claims (seriously, look up some of the terms they use - their amazing coating process is the same **** used on non-stick cook wear), and I'm a horrible person condemning the company?

Well, in all fairness Tfal is pretty awesome cookware!!!!

:supergrin:

Warp 02-22-2013 21:26

I would suggest waiting on/paying more for a 'known quantity', especially for a part as important as a BCG.

michael_b 02-22-2013 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp (Post 20020892)
I would suggest waiting on/paying more for a 'known quantity', especially for a part as important as a BCG.

Exactly. The BCG is the heart. One piece you definitely don't want to skimp on.

A little skepticism of a new company is a good thing. It takes time for a company to prove itself.

Let us know how it holds up, cleans up, etc. you may have made a great find. Only one way to find out.

For me, I'd stick with someone like BCM until they get a track record.

I'm skeptical of any part like a BCG that claims it doesn't need lubricant. Thermal process? Sounds like cryo freezing- that'll align the molecules - I looked into it for my firearms.