Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Valid Lawsuit? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472976)

Wil Ufgood 02-20-2013 12:34

Valid Lawsuit?
 


http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ws-health.html

AZson 02-20-2013 16:58

Nope.

HerrGlock 02-20-2013 17:07

Guess we'll find out how far the 1st amendment goes.

HollowHead 02-20-2013 17:14

Daddy Himmler should have paid for his own private nurses and avoided the whole mess. HH

F14Scott 02-20-2013 17:16

Not illegal to make the request.
Illegal to honor it.

My response would have been, "Well, sir, nurse Jones is scheduled to work the unit at 1900. What alternate hospital do you prefer, and how would you like to pay for the Life Flight, cash or credit card?"

RonS 02-20-2013 17:47

What a cretin.

HollowHead 02-20-2013 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by F14Scott (Post 20012307)
Not illegal to make the request.
Illegal to honor it.

My response would have been, "Well, sir, nurse Jones is scheduled to work the unit at 1900. What alternate hospital do you prefer, and how would you like to pay for the Life Flight, cash or credit card?"

Slam dunk, Sir. HH

zoyter2 02-20-2013 20:42

Women of certain religious beliefs request no male nurses and this is granted. Muslim men sometimes request no women doctors for their families. If the guy want no black nurses, why not accommodate him if possible?

What did the nurse lose? How was she damaged? I agree, the man was a twit, but so what? If nurses could can be swapped up for personal reasons based on the patients beliefs based on sex, why not race?

HollowHead 02-20-2013 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoyter2 (Post 20013233)
Women of certain religious beliefs request no male nurses and this is granted. Muslim men sometimes request no women doctors for their families. If the guy want no black nurses, why not accommodate him if possible?

Being Hallal or Kosher is COTUS protected. Being a Nazi prick isn't. HH

zoyter2 02-21-2013 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowHead (Post 20013404)
Being Hallal or Kosher is COTUS protected. Being a Nazi prick isn't. HH

Not to be argumentative, as you and I probably agree on the prick, but yes, in a way it is.

There is not issue at all with the bigot, he has nothing to do with the problem per se...the question is whether the hospital has violated HER rights ( or even more accurately 'harmed her) by honoring his request. Was the woman filing a lawsuit in anyway harmed by the hospital honoring his request?

If the hospital honored his request by choice, there is no violation of anyone's rights, nor is that in any way part of the issue in the lawsuit.

The only question unanswered is whether or not the woman filing for " distress, harassment and humiliation" was wronged. That will be determined in court, not by constitutional law, but by civil law.

Bruce H 02-21-2013 16:29

Sounds like looking for easy money with a gutter lawyer. Watch and see if this settles out of court.

tarpleyg 02-21-2013 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoyter2 (Post 20013233)
Women of certain religious beliefs request no male nurses and this is granted. Muslim men sometimes request no women doctors for their families. If the guy want no black nurses, why not accommodate him if possible?

What did the nurse lose? How was she damaged? I agree, the man was a twit, but so what? If nurses could can be swapped up for personal reasons based on the patients beliefs based on sex, why not race?

I agree and if this would've been a black father that had written that he didn't want any white nurses caring for his baby, we'd never hear about it.

Never Nervous 02-21-2013 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarpleyg (Post 20016225)
I agree and if this would've been a black father that had written that he didn't want any white nurses caring for his baby, we'd never hear about it.

I doubt that. The race card always get played.

NN


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.