Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What Would You Do? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472851)

CompleteNerd 02-19-2013 21:03

What Would You Do?

I do an awful lot of lurking, and seem to see the same old questions and issues pop up. As a result, I have become inspired to take a new spin on a classic thread type.

So here's the situation:

A tiger has escaped from your local zoo. It weighs in at 300 pounds and has a reputation for being mean. Authorities are searching frantically, but can't seem to get eyes on the bugger.

Question one - Knowing that there is a mean tiger on the loose, will you change carry weapons? Why?

You and your family decide to take a trip to the mall that weekend. All due diligence is given, and you make it inside safe and sound. But, without fail, Betty-Sue forgot her cell phone in the car. And she will die if she doesn't have it. :dunno: So your significant other goes out with her to retrieve it.

They are approximately sixty feet away (it's a big parking lot) when you notice something is amiss. To their right comes a big, slobbering, staggering, confused, snarling, bleary-eyed, generally pissed off, tiger. That's right folks, the already mean tiger has contracted rabies. Most likely from those rodents it's been dining on.

Question two - Are you going to start shooting? Keep in mind there will be people around. And your adrenaline will be pumping. Let's throw in that you don't have time to get outside.

Assuming you shot at the tiger, you hit the lung cavity with three rounds. The tiger is now bleeding profusely and running in the opposite direction. But you are now standing in the middle of a crowded area, gun out, and possibly even frothing at the mouth yourself. :shocked:

Question three A - So what are your actions? Holster your weapon? Try to explain your actions? Run and hope the police don't catch up? You are not limited to those three options.

So you chose not to shoot at the tiger. :whistling: Lucky you, it was after a stray dog and rushes past your family members. They run to the car. After twenty seconds you get a message from Betty-Sue. It reads "OMG WTH ws tht?"

Question three B - Do you follow the tiger and alert authorities? Or do you alert authorities and get your family out of there?

Now for some real questions:

All things considered (rabid tiger and having to potentially shoot through safety glass), would you have chosen a different weapon from your original answer? Why?

Ideally you would have a rifle or shotgun. But I clearly intend for you to be using a handgun. Is barrel length a factor in your carry decision?

A lot of my questions really revolve around caliber. But what are your thoughts on a revolver versus a semi-auto in this scenario?

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Hopefully I have this in the right subforum! Moderators, please please please push it over to where it belongs if I messed up.

427 02-19-2013 21:09

Creative writing class?

CompleteNerd 02-19-2013 21:17

Lol. No sir, just trying to liven things up around here.

Incidentally I am a creative writing major.:embarassed:

ronin.45 02-20-2013 08:17

I'd feel as good about my normal carry gun(G26) as anything. I'm not going to carry a big heavy gun just in case a large animal attacks me. Staying around home for a day or so until they catch the tiger would be prudent.

CajunBass 02-20-2013 08:21

I'm sorry. I started to fall asleep about halfway through that. Was there a question?