Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   G36 and the Pearce +0 extension... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472144)

GicleeOne 02-16-2013 12:01

G36 and the Pearce +0 extension...

Went to the range yesterday for only the third time with my 3 week old G36.

The first two times I had such bad pinky pinch that my finger was bloody.

This time I had the Pearce +0 mag extension in place and no pinch at all, so if anyone was wondering, they do solve the problem.

On a side note, after 3 trips to the range and 100 rounds of my carry load (230 gr Speer Gold Dot), Iv'e not had 1 ftf, fte or btf which I'm happy about.

But, out of 100 rounds of Winchester white box 230 gr ball I've had 6 fte. Not stove pipes as in stuck in the vertical position but the empty case would extract completely from the barrel chamber and then get jammed/wedged in its horizontal orientation between the breech face and front edge of the chamber, preventing the next round from clambering. All 6 occurrences happened like this.

I also ran 50 rounds of aluminum cased Blazer 230 gr ball and had no malfunctions with that at all.

Should I be worried about this?

I'm thinking not but wanted to get other opinions on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G26S239 02-16-2013 12:16

I also use the Pearce +0 and like them. I did get an occasional pinch before using them. I have never had an fte from WWB or anything else. My 36 does not like Cor Bon 200 grain +P JHPs, it feeds all round ogive JHPs so I have not tried any other truncated cone JHPs.

CDW4ME 02-16-2013 12:27

I would use the Pearce magazine bases, carry Gold Dot and not worry about it.

AirborneSurveyor 02-16-2013 14:18

I have a G36 after 200 rounds I have had 7 FTE/Jam. Only way to clear is drop the mag and rack the slide with the weapon upside down to drop the stuck brass. All three have FTE/Jam Federal Hydra Shok 165 gr, CCI Steal Case Match 230 gr, Federal FMJ 230 gr. Sent Glock an e-mail last week with no reply, will call them on Monday. Have read changeing the extractor to a non-loaded bullet indicator might fix the issue.

GicleeOne 02-16-2013 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneSurveyor (Post 19995297)
I have a G36 after 200 rounds I have had 7 FTE/Jam. Only way to clear is drop the mag and rack the slide with the weapon upside down to drop the stuck brass. All three have FTE/Jam Federal Hydra Shok 165 gr, CCI Steal Case Match 230 gr, Federal FMJ 230 gr. Sent Glock an e-mail last week with no reply, will call them on Monday. Have read changeing the extractor to a non-loaded bullet indicator might fix the issue.

Let us know what you find out.

AirborneSurveyor 06-26-2013 13:59

I forgot to get back to you all about my G36 issues. Returned the weapon to Glock back in FEB as it was still under the MFW. Glock replaced the extractor to a non-loaded bullet indicator and replaced the guide rod/guide rod spring. Recived the gun back in less then 3 weeks after sending it to them. The gun now has over 1k rounds fired with only one stovepipe since it was repaired.

GicleeOne 06-26-2013 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneSurveyor (Post 20405744)
I forgot to get back to you all about my G36 issues. Returned the weapon to Glock back in FEB as it was still under the MFW. Glock replaced the extractor to a non-loaded bullet indicator and replaced the guide rod/guide rod spring. Recived the gun back in less then 3 weeks after sending it to them. The gun now has over 1k rounds fired with only one stovepipe since it was repaired.

Great news and thanks for getting back to us with the info.