Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Medal of Honor recipient declines Obama’s State of the Union invite (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471389)

HerrGlock 02-12-2013 17:59

Medal of Honor recipient declines Obama’s State of the Union invite
 
http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/12/me...-union-invite/

JBnTX 02-12-2013 18:03

He doesn't want to be exploited by Obama.

sombunya 02-12-2013 18:18

Usually sit beside the first lady?

I don't blame him for declining the invite.

janice6 02-12-2013 18:25

If you have convictions you have to live by them.

RGbiker 02-12-2013 18:40

Quote:

This year, the administration has invited successful immigrants, a lesbian couple, parents of shooting victims, business owners and others that can be used to win sympathy for Obama’s second-term agenda
The meat of the story.

Big Bird 02-12-2013 18:41

Don't blame him. Wouldn't want to be a prop for the idiot in the White House either.

Good call Trooper. From one Cavalryman to another I salute you...

wrenrj1 02-12-2013 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bird (Post 19981069)
Don't blame him. Wouldn't want to be a prop for the idiot in the White House either.

Good call Trooper. From one Cavalryman to another I salute you...


+1

Retired Cav. Medic (PSG) myself. Cav on!
Wren SFC, NE ARNG (Ret.)

meathead19 02-12-2013 19:06

Respect is earned.

Atta boy. :wavey:

GreenDrake 02-12-2013 19:07

Good call, better to spend time with buddies and family than with puppeteers.

Lone_Wolfe 02-12-2013 19:20

Good for him!

sugarcreek 02-12-2013 19:24

right on

M2 Carbine 02-12-2013 19:53

Quote:

Medal of Honor recipient declines Obama’s State of the Union invite
Good for him.


It pisses me off that obama tries to associate himself with a real hero like Clint Romesha, when in fact obama isn't fit to shine the boots of the lowest Army Private.

Fred Hansen 02-12-2013 20:02

:patriot:

pesticidal 02-12-2013 20:06

Proud that he's a North Dakota guy.

Mr981 02-12-2013 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by janice6 (Post 19980996)
If you have convictions you have to live by them.

That nails it..

westy39 02-12-2013 20:19

This is something that is missing in the United States, self-respect and dignity. I applaud his decision. It is never easy to stand up for a principal and when you piss off the Bambi things can become difficult, but that is just Chicago politics......... I will pray for you and yours. Watch your six.

Ruggles 02-12-2013 20:21

That must have hurt somebodies feelings in D.C. Good for him. :)

itstime 02-12-2013 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by westy39 (Post 19981498)
This is something that is missing in the United States, self-respect and dignity. I applaud his decision. It is never easy to stand up for a principal and when you piss off the Bambi things can become difficult, but that is just Chicago politics......... I will pray for you and yours. Watch your six.

Well said. I applaud him for his decision.

ClydeG19 02-12-2013 20:25

I may not agree with the President on policy, but I wouldn't turn down an invite from the President. Even if you don't respect the man, respect the office.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

pesticidal 02-12-2013 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClydeG19 (Post 19981543)
I may not agree with the President on policy, but I wouldn't turn down an invite from the President. Even if you don't respect the man, respect the office.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire


it was a political hack move. Mr. Romesha did the right thing.

stevelyn 02-12-2013 21:17

I wouldn't show either. I would probably decline the medal too.

glocktecher 02-12-2013 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClydeG19 (Post 19981543)
I may not agree with the President on policy, but I wouldn't turn down an invite from the President. Even if you don't respect the man, respect the office.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Only true when there is respect left in the office. O disrespected the office, the union and the Republic first.

ChiTownPicaro 02-12-2013 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGbiker (Post 19981066)
The meat of the story.

It is too bad this person did not want the honor of being invited by the POTUS. It is his loss not Obama's.

sigman69 02-12-2013 21:27

good job...I wouldnt have went either.

Fred Hansen 02-12-2013 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownPicaro (Post 19981759)
It is too bad this person did not want the honor of being invited by the POTUS. It is his loss not Obama's.

Insofar as Captain Zero has no honor to lose, you are correct.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.