Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Springfield arms as a company (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470961)

DAKA 02-10-2013 17:12

Springfield arms as a company

I have a new XD S..first time at the range it was pinching my trigger finger near the guard....I fired another shooters XD s and did not have the problem...the range officer and 2 others had the same finger problem with my gun,
I called SPRINGFIELD and they e mailed a FEDEX label to return the gun
I received the gun back yesterday (less than 2 weeks total time) and dry firing it seems to be OK...I'll have it at the range on tuesday.
My point is that they replaced the trigger assembly, and paid for shipping BOTH ways.
This is how a GOOD company operates....
KUDOS SPRINGFIELD

Three-Five-Seven 02-10-2013 17:27

Best service I've ever had with a shooting sport related company is from Springfield. That's saying a lot when you consider the legendary service people get from RCBS and Dillon.

Their guns are good, but their service is even better.

Beretta92guy 02-10-2013 17:28

thats one reason i have two XD pistols...

great company!!!

TSAX 02-10-2013 17:31

Springfield Armory has the best customer service in the industry hands down.

:50cal:

RGbiker 02-10-2013 18:26

Springfield CS is top notch.

I had feeding issues with two 7 round magazines I bought from Top Gun Supply. I phones SA, explained the problem, told them where I bought the mags and SA emailed me a mailer to return the 7 rounders to them at their expense.

They Fed Ex'd me two new XDs 7 round magazines at their expense.

IMO, outstanding service.

F_G 02-10-2013 20:01

Good to know. I only have one SA right now, an XDS .45, but I plan on buying an XDS in 9mm as soon as they become available.

bac1023 02-10-2013 21:54

Very good to hear. I hope it works well at the range.

skeeter7 02-11-2013 01:58

I will also agree with others and say that Springfield Armory has the best customer service of all the firearm manufacturers I have dealt with. They have sent out parts for me no questions asked a couple times and I received the parts with two days both times. I was impressed.

Bruce M 02-11-2013 06:51

Hope to read that the problem has gone away when you shoot it.

MajorD 02-11-2013 11:44

they do have great service as everyone here states,and generally good to excellent quality products. however, if the guns were right to begin with you would not need CS.
SA is a glorified import house with product built overseas that charges prices comparable to those for American built products. All while putting out deceptive advertising that conceals the fact nothing they make is entirely American made.
If they said look at all our great quality Brazilian and Croatian made product I would be 100 % for them.
when they did things in the past like putting the imbel brazil stamp on the bottom of the dust cover of a 1911 where few will notice while marketing the "oldest name in American Firearms" they put a bad taste in my mouth.

SpringerTGO 02-11-2013 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorD (Post 19975329)
they do have great service as everyone here states,and generally good to excellent quality products. however, if the guns were right to begin with you would not need CS.
SA is a glorified import house with product built overseas that charges prices comparable to those for American built products. All while putting out deceptive advertising that conceals the fact nothing they make is entirely American made.
If they said look at all our great quality Brazilian and Croatian made product I would be 100 % for them.
when they did things in the past like putting the imbel brazil stamp on the bottom of the dust cover of a 1911 where few will notice while marketing the "oldest name in American Firearms" they put a bad taste in my mouth.

My TGO1 was right to begin with. However, it had the same ambi safety issues every 1911 manufacturer (except Wilson) has. Being left handed, I needed a better safety. I contacted Springfield, they Fedex'd my TGO back, acquired a Bullet Proof safety from Wilson, and Fedex'd the TGO1 back to me.
The TGO1 is arguably the best 1911 in it's price range, and Springfield's service is second to none.

PM me if you want to know how Nighthawk handled the same issue.

DAKA 02-11-2013 16:39

AS A COMPANY..... is what I was referring...
No matter where the guns are made....they stand behind their products.

nbkky71 02-11-2013 18:49

Hey Daka... after reading your post I know you're referring to Springfield Armory, Inc.

But there actually was a Springfield Arms Co. back in the 30's that used to make affordable smallbore rifles and shotguns. They were acquired by J. Stevens Company and eventually Savage Arms.