Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   New Ruger Super Redhawk. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470729)

pennlineman 02-09-2013 15:35

New Ruger Super Redhawk.
 
I came across this today at a local shop I don't often frequent. A 7.5" Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps334540e0.jpg

I'm glad I stopped in. This completes this portion of my collection in regards to Super Redhawks. I also have one with a 9.5" barrel and the Alaskan all in .454 Casull.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse8fa7e7a.jpg

I also gathered up enough reloading supplies to load up 500 rounds of ammo. I figure if you factor out the cost of the new brass I can reload a box of 20 for about $8 a box vs the $35 a box I was paying for factory ammo.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...psdfe8f279.jpg

All in all a pretty good day. :supergrin:

Steve in PA 02-09-2013 16:21

I love my SRH. I have a 9 1/2" that is chambered in .44mag and I absolutely love taking it to the range!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...1128072854.jpg

bac1023 02-09-2013 17:46

Very nice

Congrats!

pennlineman 02-09-2013 18:33

Thanks BAC :wavey:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve in PA (Post 19968441)
I love my SRH. I have a 9 1/2" that is chambered in .44mag and I absolutely love taking it to the range!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...1128072854.jpg

Very nice! I had one like that years ago. A casualty of divorce.

My next project in regards to Rugers will be the Redhawks. I'd like to get a 4 and 5.5" barreled version to add to my 7.5" .44 mag.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...n/DSCF1234.jpg

I may even seek out some of them chambered in .45 Colt. I love my S&W revolvers but when it comes to big bore magnums Ruger has earned my respect.

69HEMI-R/T 02-09-2013 18:34

Looks like you had a great day at the shop. Awesome looking revolver. I have never fired a .454 Casull but hear it is a wonderful hunting cartridge. The biggest handgun caliber I have shot is a .44mag. but those things have a bark and bite to them in a snubby 629. I am sure the RSH in .454 Casull has an impressive "bang"!

Ruggles 02-09-2013 18:47

Awesome :)

Zombie Steve 02-09-2013 18:59

Always preferred the Super Blackhawks for the big boomers but congrats! That's sure to satisfy the big bore need.

:thumbsup:
:cowboy:

The_Gun_Guru 02-09-2013 19:01

Congrats!

I had one in .44 magnum but sold it because I just didn't want it anymore. It went to a good home:cool:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...CIMG1763-1.jpg


TGG

pennlineman 02-09-2013 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69HEMI-R/T (Post 19968881)
Looks like you had a great day at the shop. Awesome looking revolver. I have never fired a .454 Casull but hear it is a wonderful hunting cartridge. The biggest handgun caliber I have shot is a .44mag. but those things have a bark and bite to them in a snubby 629. I am sure the RSH in .454 Casull has an impressive "bang"!

Thanks! They do have some kick to them, not too bad though. I would say a short barrel .44 mag would be camparable to one of the longer barreled .454's. The Alaskan is comparable to a 8 3/8" S&W 500 mag in regards to recoil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Steve (Post 19968937)
Always preferred the Super Blackhawks for the big boomers but congrats! That's sure to satisfy the big bore need.

:thumbsup:
:cowboy:

I like those too. In fact the same store had a Super Blackhawk with a 10.5" barrel. Talk about a big ole hogleg. :wow: The only have a Blackhawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP for now. I've been looking for a Bisley in either .44 magnum, .44 Spl or .45 Colt. Every time Berto posts a picture of his Bisley I just drool.

My job can be stressful at times. Nothing relieves that better than taking out a big gun. :cool:

DonD 02-09-2013 20:56

Good guns, that was the last big bore revolver I had until the .500 Mag bug bit me and I was off to S&W. Don

Steve in PA 02-10-2013 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Steve (Post 19968937)
Always preferred the Super Blackhawks for the big boomers but congrats! That's sure to satisfy the big bore need.

:thumbsup:
:cowboy:

I've got one of those too!!!!


http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...0107141135.jpg

Zombie Steve 02-10-2013 00:16

w00t!

My .45 Colt with all its holster wear glory...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...cht/BHwear.jpg

The newest in my collection... Super Blackhawk (.44 mag).

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...rBlackhawk.jpg

fnfalman 02-10-2013 00:32

I wish that Ruger would release a SuperRedhawk in .460 Magnum.

GWG19 02-10-2013 09:16

Why do you want a pip sqeak gun like that little bitty SRH for.:whistling:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...psc2ba79ab.jpg

I do like the Ruger and the Smith they are both great shooting revolvers. Congrats on finding the 7.5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 19969939)
I wish that Ruger would release a SuperRedhawk in .460 Magnum.

That would require a new frame.

pennlineman 02-10-2013 09:42

Nice Blackhawks guys. Here's my .45 Colt/ACP convertible. So far the only handgun I've taken a deer with. I have plans for that 9.5" 454 though.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...n/DSCF1236.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonD (Post 19969351)
Good guns, that was the last big bore revolver I had until the .500 Mag bug bit me and I was off to S&W. Don

I like my 500 too. I'm just really into the .454 at the moment. It's a bit more pratical for what I'm planning on in regards to whitetail hunting.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...n/DSCF1235.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWG19 (Post 19970657)
Why do you want a pip sqeak gun like that little bitty SRH for.:whistling:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...psc2ba79ab.jpg

I do like the Ruger and the Smith they are both great shooting revolvers. Congrats on finding the 7.5

That would require a new frame.

Perhaps a Super Duper Redhawk? :rofl:

Nice revolvers!

Blitzo 02-10-2013 10:05

Nice looking gun. I passed on a used one at my local shop over a year ago, went back a few days later to pick it up and it was gone. I really like the finish on the 454 SRH, for some reason I think it looks much better with the non-fluted cylinder.

glock2740 02-10-2013 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 19969939)
I wish that Ruger would release a SuperRedhawk in .460 Magnum.

I agree. I have a S&W .460, but would probably add a Ruger if they made one.

Bill Keith 02-10-2013 12:20

Really nice triplets! Congrats. I understand you can shoot 45 Colt ammo in a .454 Have you done that? Great firearms, to be able to shoot from cowboy mouse loads to the big boomers gives you wonderful versatility.
Come on down to Texas and do some feral hog hunting. Your guns would be just the right medicine:wavey:

pennlineman 02-10-2013 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Keith (Post 19971363)
Really nice triplets! Congrats. I understand you can shoot 45 Colt ammo in a .454 Have you done that? Great firearms, to be able to shoot from cowboy mouse loads to the big boomers gives you wonderful versatility.
Come on down to Texas and do some feral hog hunting. Your guns would be just the right medicine:wavey:

Thanks! I have shot .45 Colt through the Alaskan with good results. It does allow you a lot of freedom in what you can use the gun for.

I'd love to hunt hogs in Texas. My step daughter is on terminal leave from the army. They bought a house in the El Paso area. I'm hoping she can line something up for me in the future.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.