Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Ex-ATF agents recall storm of gunfire in deadly 1993 Waco raid (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470479)

DOC44 02-08-2013 09:34

Ex-ATF agents recall storm of gunfire in deadly 1993 Waco raid

Ex-ATF agents recall storm of gunfire in deadly 1993 Waco raid

Waving the bloody shirt.

Next they will be reliving Ruby Ridge........... NOT.

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-atf-agents-...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Doc44

Skyhook 02-08-2013 09:43

We're way beyond that Waco thing and that Ruby Ridge thing...Obama and Holder would just drone 'em---WHOOSH-BANG!

No problemo. :steamed:

DOC44 02-08-2013 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhook (Post 19963609)
We're way beyond that Waco thing and that Ruby Ridge thing...Obama and Holder would just drone 'em---WHOOSH-BANG!

My reaction to this article at this time is to show how dangerous it is to allow "the people" to have guns to protect them and their family for what they consider an attack on their rights.

Gun control would have prevented these agents from being injured in the protection of their country.

To me it is another cheap shot from the pro gun control administration and other dumba**es.

ATF out gunned??

http://www.apfn.org/old/waco.jpg

Doc44

The Fist Of Goodness 02-08-2013 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOC44 (Post 19963634)
My reaction to this article at this time is to show how dangerous it is to allow "the people" to have guns to protect them and their family for what they consider an attack on their rights.

Gun control would have prevented these agents from being injured in the protection of their country.

To me it is another cheap shot from the pro gun control administration and other dumba**es.

ATF out gunned??

http://www.apfn.org/old/waco.jpg

Doc44

ATF ran out of ammo. I guess they were outgunned.

The FBI on the other hand...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

kirgi08 02-08-2013 10:54

This and Ruby Ridge are a very poignant memory for me.'08.

engineer151515 02-08-2013 11:11

When a " a normal day in law enforcement" becomes:

Quote:

"We were going to go in there, we were going to kick a little bootie, then we were going to ease out and be home before noon. . . .
there is something fundamentally wrong with the associated law enforcement agency from the top down.

This is not a game. It is not a sport. They were there to enforce a search warrant, arrest Koresh and confiscate illegal automatic weapons. Yet the initial crew thought it would be a kick-bootie party.

Quote:

Lessons from the failed raid have led to sharp improvements in medical care, training, planning and the increased use of snipers,
If these were the lessons learned from a 50 day siege than ended with the use of National Guard tanks and 76 dead, I'd say the correct lessons may not have been learned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege
Quote:

Other reports claim the first shots were fired by the ATF "dog team" sent to kill the dogs in the Davidian kennel
Yeah.. This was going to be an ugly day from the start.
So glad Janet Reno took full responsibility for this fiasco. That resulted in . . . . nothing. Just like Hillary's recent claim of responsibility for safety at Benghazi. Meaningless swill.

CAcop 02-08-2013 11:27

It is coming up on the 20th anniversary. It is probably not a part of a grand scheme.

Whatever happened at Waco the lessons were applied to other groups. Does anyone remember the names of the two groups where federal agents essentially installed chain link fencing around a compound and waited for them to come out?

Didn't think so because it doesn't give you any hate fuel.

Skyhook 02-08-2013 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAcop (Post 19964044)
It is coming up on the 20th anniversary. It is probably not a part of a grand scheme.

Whatever happened at Waco the lessons were applied to other groups. Does anyone remember the names of the two groups where federal agents essentially installed chain link fencing around a compound and waited for them to come out?

Maybe we should hunt down Janet Reno and ask her (in honor of the anniversary and all) WTF was her hurry?!?

What drove her blood lust to the limit?!?:steamed:

The Fist Of Goodness 02-08-2013 12:02

Quote:

One was up in New England, I think. The dentist and his wife? They were tax protestors or Sovereigns (or some offshoot of those movements), if I remember correctly.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

engineer151515 02-08-2013 14:54

Quote:

Actually, I'd phrase it as "it doesn't give [me] any complaints about abuse of power, over-reaches of authority or cases of inconsequential acceptance of responsibility".

I don't think for one minute that you believe me (personally) to possess some fundamental dislike for LEO's. The circumstances where I direct criticism usually fall in a pretty severe category - such as the Katrina gun grab (which did not include all LEO but certainly included NOLA Chief of Police).

Quite frankly, many Americans could not believe what we were watching when the tanks/engineering vehicles showed up at WACO.

CitizenOfDreams 02-08-2013 15:24

20 years later, some people still believe the LE will not shoot their fellow citizens when ordered to. :faint:

GAFinch 02-08-2013 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19963980)
This is not a game. It is not a sport. They were there to enforce a search warrant, arrest Koresh and confiscate illegal automatic weapons. Yet the initial crew thought it would be a kick-bootie party.

Was it ever proven that they had illegally converted their weapons to fully automatic instead of just using those Hellfire triggers? I know it doesn't matter for MSM reporting, I'm just curious.

BobbyS 02-08-2013 19:20

WACO...........one of the first parties thrown by the guv'
ment with mantra: "it's for the children".

itstime 02-08-2013 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhook (Post 19963609)

Why am I laughing? It's so true.

BobbyS 02-08-2013 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFinch (Post 19965241)
Was it ever proven that they had illegally converted their weapons to fully automatic instead of just using those Hellfire triggers? I know it doesn't matter for MSM reporting, I'm just curious.

Yeah I never did read how many M2s, M60s, claymors, and LAWs were recovered.

stevelyn 02-10-2013 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyS (Post 19965540)
Yeah I never did read how many M2s, M60s, claymors, and LAWs were recovered.

Pfffffffffft................. They haven't even mentioned any select-fire rifles. :steamed: