Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AMC's The Walking Dead returns Sunday! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470279)

mustang6112 02-07-2013 13:43

AMC's The Walking Dead returns Sunday!

anyone else pumped?
I understand they have also been renewed for another season.
I'm looking forward to the integration of the new subgroup with Tyrese and how things with the Gov will play out.
What say you?

Psychman 02-07-2013 13:54

yes!!!!

Huaco Kid 02-07-2013 14:03

If no one was shooting or stabbing them in the head, would zombies live forever?

Wouldn't their flesh (and brains) eventually desiccate and decay? Once all their flesh fell off and the tendons rotted away, wouldn't their bones just fall apart?

(Kind of like the Terminator movies. Once all the robots killed all of humanity, would they just stop and freeze where they stood?)

TBO 02-07-2013 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huaco Kid (Post 19960617)
If no one was shooting or stabbing them in the head, would zombies live forever?

Wouldn't their flesh (and brains) eventually desiccate and decay? Once all their flesh fell off and the tendons rotted away, wouldn't their bones just fall apart?

(Kind of like the Terminator movies. Once all the robots killed all of humanity, would they just stop and freeze where they stood?)

Yes, but there would be no end of zombies as long as people live.

Remember the zombie virus is inside everyone. Once someone dies (be it from natural causes or other) they become a zombie.

sappy13 02-07-2013 14:55

i cant wait. Its one of the few shows me and my gf like to watch together. I cant stand any more bachelor, so damn boring

fnfalman 02-07-2013 14:59

I think that the other farmer's daughter may have an eye for Rick.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

knotquiteawake 02-07-2013 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sappy13 (Post 19960756)
i cant wait. Its one of the few shows me and my gf like to watch together. I cant stand any more bachelor, so damn boring

The Bachelor is awesome! Not the show... just the uh... mood it puts my wife in afterwards :supergrin: I'll keep watching The Bachelor as long as that keeps happening.

Watching The Walking dead with my wife would do the opposite to her so I'll have to keep watching on my own.

Mayhem like Me 02-07-2013 15:53

I am also really excited about WW Z that looks to be bad Arse....

ChiTownPicaro 02-07-2013 15:56

My buddy was working for AMC studios awhile back and said they do not allow their employees to carry firearms at work. It is in their employee handbook. I suggest we boycott AMC and their channel as well as all their shows in order to get them to change to a pro-gun policy and allow their employees to be safe.

ilgunguygt 02-07-2013 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownPicaro (Post 19961000)
My buddy was working for AMC studios awhile back and said they do not allow their employees to carry firearms at work. It is in their employee handbook. I suggest we boycott AMC and their channel as well as all their shows in order to get them to change to a pro-gun policy and allow their employees to be safe.

Flame bait much? :upeyes:

Mayhem like Me 02-07-2013 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownPicaro (Post 19961000)

welcome to modern America

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

TBO 02-07-2013 16:47

On or near a set I could understand not wanting ammo or guns to get mixed up with the prop stuff.

Magnus2131 02-07-2013 16:50

I should get a job as a zombie on the show. Should see me in the mornings.

John Galt 02-07-2013 17:42

JFrame 02-07-2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 19961215)
On or near a set I could understand not wanting ammo or guns to get mixed up with the prop stuff.

Sadly, we remember the case of Brandon Lee, who was killed with a real .44 mag handgun firing a blank... Unfortunately, there was a real bullet that had gotten dislodged from a dummy round still wedged into one of the chambers...

T-Rod45 02-07-2013 17:52

Quote:

According to the authority in modern-classic (Romero-esque) zombie folklore, Max Brooks, a zombie has no metabolism outside of the brain. The Z-Virus, keeps the brain going, and the body continues to rot and wither until it turns to jerky... This is all of course physically impossible, since you need muscles to move...

Mr Spock 02-07-2013 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Rod45 (Post 19961509)
According to the authority in modern-classic (Romero-esque) zombie folklore, Max Brooks, a zombie has no metabolism outside of the brain. The Z-Virus, keeps the brain going, and the body continues to rot and wither until it turns to jerky... This is all of course physically impossible, since you need muscles to move...

He also mentions that the Z virus also makes the bodies much less accommodating to the usual microbial suspects involved in the decaying processes. Essentially, not even bugs or bacteria can thrive in the presence of the virus, so normal decay takes significantly longer.

ignantmike 02-07-2013 19:30

i'm pumped too......

BuckyP 02-07-2013 19:34

Looking forward to it. Wish they'd get longer seasons like the network tv shows. :sigh:

GLOCK19FTW 02-07-2013 19:39

HELL YEAH!!!!

I can't wait! :)

dryfly 02-07-2013 19:53

First couple seasons were great...now it has lost its schtick to me mostly because it just gets more convoluted...same thing with Falling Skies. I will watch but have grown disappointed and indiffernt myself.

Bring on Breaking Bad I say !

Huaco Kid 02-07-2013 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryfly (Post 19962146)
Bring on Breaking Bad I say !

Hell On Wheels! More, we need.

I can't wait to see Michonne go Rambo / Yoda / Norris on that one-eyed guy's whole posse!

jfost11 02-07-2013 20:16

It's about time!

*ASH* 02-07-2013 20:26

trust me , rest of season 3 is gonna be great :supergrin: .people complained when i posted spoilers so i wont be doing that . but it will be interesting . also please no pm's on spoilers please , just enjoy the season .

it will have some surprises :wavey:

poikilotrm 02-07-2013 20:28

Quote:

In the prison episode you see exactly that. Remember when the CO's pro mask comes off and his face comes with it?