Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rare G30 9 round mag... Need opinion? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470153)

MSims 02-06-2013 22:04

Rare G30 9 round mag... Need opinion?
 
So even before the frenzy of panic buying these G30 9 round mag was hard to get since they discontinued making them... But why they are awesome with and without a pinky extension an ultimate CCW setup...

I have one mag that i dont need... I would like to trade it for maybe 2 9mm mags for the G30 9 round mag... You think its fair or you think im not being fair?

I understand if it was a G30 10 round mag that is everywhere then the trade wouldnt be fair but these 9 round mags you cant find anywhere even before the craziness...

So am i fair or not fair... Thanks for honest opinions...

http://glennmoller.com/gpics/G30_8.JPG

scosgt 02-06-2013 23:44

Not fair. Glockpolishing on Ebay has them for around $38.00 shipped. You won't find a 9mm mag on the bay for that price. Cheapest is around $50

Inebriated 02-06-2013 23:50

Why not just put a 20/21 baseplate on the 10-round 30 mag??

MSims 02-06-2013 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inebriated (Post 19958564)
Why not just put a 20/21 baseplate on the 10-round 30 mag??

It has the pinky extension on it also...

MSims 02-07-2013 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by scosgt (Post 19958541)
Not fair. Glockpolishing on Ebay has them for around $38.00 shipped. You won't find a 9mm mag on the bay for that price. Cheapest is around $50

Your right just saw it on there...

Inebriated 02-07-2013 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSims (Post 19958588)
It has the pinky extension on it also...

What does?

If you put a 21 baseplate on a 30 10-round mag, would it not make the mag fit flush, and give you 9 rounds?

I'm not saying it'll work, because I haven't actually tried, but it seems like it would make sense... The extension on the 10-round 30 mag seems to be just like any of the other extensions out there, but it's just shaped to be a pinky extension.

MSims 02-07-2013 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inebriated (Post 19958598)
What does?

If you put a 21 baseplate on a 30 10-round mag, would it not make the mag fit flush, and give you 9 rounds?

I'm not saying it'll work, because I haven't actually tried, but it seems like it would make sense... The extension on the 10-round 30 mag seems to be just like any of the other extensions out there, but it's just shaped to be a pinky extension.

No u can't make it a 9 round mag the mag is to long and the baseplate is actually flush on the 10 rounder even though it looks like an extension...

cadillacguns 02-07-2013 03:36

Me neither, I could be, may be, sometimes am, but I dont think a G-30 ten rounder can be made into a nine rounder or vis versa with simple base plate changes.The mag bases are different for their respective base plates to fit.

I bought a bunch of 9 and 10 rds G-30 mags, and dont own a .45.

Wanting a G-30s though!

GRT45 02-07-2013 08:00

The pictures below illustrate the difference between the G30 10-rnd and 9-rnd mags. The factory 9-rnd mag is the only way to have a flush fit mag for the G30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch (Post 19928157)
The G30 mag floor plate is not an extension, it's just a floor plate that covers the part of the mag that extends beyond the grip.

G30 10 round mag:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...3010rdmags.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...s/DSC00448.jpg


Inebriated 02-07-2013 10:15

Ahh, I stand corrected!

silversport 02-08-2013 06:41

nice pics...very helpful...I may have to look into the Pearce G30 floor plates...thanks...

Bill


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.