Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactical Shotguns (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   New Shotgun (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470127)

jaws48 02-06-2013 20:02

New Shotgun

My wife bought me a Winchester SXP Defender (made in Turkey) for Christmas. :cool: Have only shot 25 rounds of Winchester 2 3/4 00 buck through it at our indoor range. Holds 5+1 (2 3/4) or 4+1 (3). Our indoor range allows only buckshot or slugs.

I really like it so far. Great groupings or patterns (whichever it is) at 5, 7, 15 yards and all shot stay on the man-size targets at 25 yards. Shoots where I point it...go figure. Recoil is light to moderate and action is smooth and positive. Fit and finish are excellent.

Can't wait until I can take it out to our local desert shooting spot and shoot a bunch of bird shot through it to get the mussel memory.

I added a 200 lumen flash light using Nebo clamp. I look forward to shooting it again at the range with low light to make sure it shoots where the light points :-) Hope the Nebo holds up to the recoil.

I grew up with old Winchester pumps and semi-autos and it feels natural to shoot.

Does anyone own a Defender or have any long term experience with the SXP Defender or recommendations for long term reliability?

jaws48 02-10-2013 12:04

Am I really the only person on the site who owns a Winchester SXP Defender who has shot it....or just the only one who will admit it. :embarassed:

Shot it again the other day and still love it!

K.Kiser 02-10-2013 12:52

I've had a 1300 defender for about 15 years, which I think is the predacessor to your gun and closely related... It's my favorite pump that I have and I grew up with 870's and Browning pumps.. Very slick, ejects strongly, locks up solid and tight without one single unsatisfactory episode of any kind to date... If I complained about anything to do with it, I'd be just making crap up... If I had to go buy another pumpgun right now for game or defense, it would be from this line of firearms...

jaws48 02-10-2013 19:39

K

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Don't know if the new Turkish Defender will hold up like the 1300 or not but I look forward to giving it the test. Would shoot it more if I didn't live 40 miles from my shooting spot out in the desert where I can run bird shot through it!

Larry

G23c 02-21-2013 13:54

I just posted on another thread, but I just looked at the Win SXP for the first time today. Felt very solid, well-made and balanced nicely for me. I have Mossbergs so I really don't need another, but ...

DevilDocsGlocks 02-21-2013 14:01

need to purchase the new " " The Double Hammer-JBDefense" gun....built by Joe Biden Industries. Comes with free wadding and Ramrod.

powder, primers and rock salt sold extra...

JudgeRoyBean 02-21-2013 14:34

Congratulations on the new shotgun! :cool:

jaws48 02-21-2013 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDocsGlocks (Post 20015488)
need to purchase the new " " The Double Hammer-JBDefense" gun....built by Joe Biden Industries. Comes with free wadding and Ramrod.

powder, primers and rock salt sold extra...

Too funny. Joe seems to think you should get a double barrel scare "scare" off intruders in your home. I'm about scaring a threat off...

skeeter7 02-22-2013 00:38

Congrats! :thumbsup: