Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   We're invovled in the Syrian conflict now (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469862)

TBO 02-05-2013 16:15

We're invovled in the Syrian conflict now
 
:faint:

HalfHazzard 02-05-2013 16:16

And we haven't been previously?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock20 10mm 02-05-2013 16:16

Why would you be surprised by this?

TBO 02-05-2013 16:17

Turkey needs our help apparently.

http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/vi....aspx?id=65302

jakebrake 02-05-2013 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 19952945)

with?

TBO 02-05-2013 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebrake (Post 19952958)
with?

"The first of two missile batteries the U.S. sent to help protect Turkey from the ongoing conflict in Syria went fully operational Tuesday."

KommieforniaGlocker 02-05-2013 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 19952931)
:faint:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...8QhM-L3Xvxj6ZC

http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-con...rld-police.jpg

:2gun::patriot::rock:

TBO 02-05-2013 16:22

:animlol: :perfect10:

Kingarthurhk 02-05-2013 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebrake (Post 19952958)
with?

Apparently murdering American tourists, and homocide bombing an American embassy last I checked.:steamed:

Maybe that is what made Obama like them?

kiole 02-05-2013 16:46

Hmm I feel like I've seen this before. Our involvement in middle eastern affairs will bite us in the ass as it has before. We have a tendency to install puppet regimes and then prop them up with arms and money. After these unsuccessful government are overthrown by their people we are forced to intervene militarily. These countries then kill our service men and women with weapons we have provided them. We fail to see history repeat its self.

Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and many more all countries we've overthrown or intervened in their government then been forced to fight against American bought weapons in a hope to contain the very threat we created.

czsmithGT 02-05-2013 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 19952961)
"The first of two missile batteries the U.S. sent to help protect Turkey from the ongoing conflict in Syria went fully operational Tuesday."

Well, this was announced Dec 4. They said only US, Germany and the Netherlands in NATO have the PAC-3.

G19G20 02-05-2013 16:51

good post above kylenewman

Thrilled to know Im paying for Turkey's air defenses now too. So let's get this straight, Turkey gave the Syrian rebels anti-aircraft missiles and now we give the Turks anti-anti-aircraft missile batteries? WTF is going on here?

Roering 02-05-2013 16:52

Any natural resources worth taking? I think we should be compensated for our efforts.

ChiTownPicaro 02-05-2013 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk (Post 19953039)
Apparently murdering American tourists, and homocide bombing an American embassy last I checked.:steamed:

Maybe that is what made Obama like them?

What are you talking about?

czsmithGT 02-05-2013 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roering (Post 19953110)
Any natural resources worth taking? I think we should be compensated for our efforts.

Turkey is a NATO member and the three NATO countries with anti-missile capabilities agreed to help defend 3.5 million Turks against potential Syrian missile strikes with chemical weapons.

Whether we should stay in NATO is a separate question.

Kingarthurhk 02-05-2013 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roering (Post 19953110)
Any natural resources worth taking? I think we should be compensated for our efforts.

As a matter of fact they do have natrual resources:

http://www.casteyanqui.com/heresies/...conference.jpg

Glock20 10mm 02-05-2013 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylenewman (Post 19953086)
Hmm I feel like I've seen this before. Our involvement in middle eastern affairs will bite us in the ass as it has before. We have a tendency to install puppet regimes and then prop them up with arms and money. After these unsuccessful government are overthrown by their people we are forced to intervene militarily. These countries then kill our service men and women with weapons we have provided them. We fail to see history repeat its self.

Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and many more all countries we've overthrown or intervened in their government then been forced to fight against American bought weapons in a hope to contain the very threat we created.

Easy there! You will be labeled un-American for such thinking! I agree we create many of the problems we face today. But no, people want to believe otherwise. I agree with you, and ironically the one man that many here just love to disparage actually had the same belief.

Glock20 10mm 02-05-2013 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk (Post 19953168)
As a matter of fact they do have natrual resources:

http://www.casteyanqui.com/heresies/...conference.jpg

Ah... Montana dates. Boys up North will be happy about that!


























If you can't take the joke that's on you. I could have said Texas dates... but they tend to be a bit larger... :whistling:

czsmithGT 02-05-2013 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by G19G20 (Post 19953102)
good post above kylenewman

Thrilled to know Im paying for Turkey's air defenses now too. So let's get this straight, Turkey gave the Syrian rebels anti-aircraft missiles and now we give the Turks anti-anti-aircraft missile batteries? WTF is going on here?

They are anti-missile Patriot batteries aimed at defending Turkish civilians against Syrian regime President Bashar al-Assad's chemical-weapon capable missiles.

GAFinch 02-05-2013 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 19952945)

More like the Muslim Brotherhood needs our help...we've been giving them weapons there for several months and in several other countries for a year now. This is not going to end well at all.

RyanBDawg 02-05-2013 17:21

We have always been involved in the Syrian conflict. But instead of supporting someone who can be reasoned with like Assad, the government is supporting the Al-Queda backed monsters who have been forcing non-muslims out and installing sharia law.

Good job America..

And people wonder why the world hates our government.

Lets replace one dictator with 10,000 would be dictators.

kiole 02-05-2013 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBDawg (Post 19953232)
We have always been involved in the Syrian conflict. But instead of supporting someone who can be reasoned with like Assad, the government is supporting the Al-Queda backed monsters who have been forcing non-muslims out and installing sharia law.

Good job America..

And people wonder why the world hates our government.

We have managed to back rebels linked to Al-Qaeda or jihadist movements in every country involved in the Arab Spring

RyanBDawg 02-05-2013 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylenewman (Post 19953239)
We have managed to back rebels involved linked to Al-Qaeda or jihadist movements in every country involved in the Arab Spring

Yep.

The US Government, the greatest financier of terror on the face of the Earth.

oldgraywolf 02-05-2013 17:35

kylenewman, good posts.

I think that part of the reason we're supporting Turkey is to try to keep them somewhat in the western camp. Islamists are gaining power there and the once dominant secularists are being slowly sidelined.

Rooster Rugburn 02-05-2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylenewman (Post 19953086)
We have a tendency to install puppet regimes and then prop them up with arms and money.


And even worse, now we are installing regimes and groups that meet the approval and backing of Barack Hussein Obama. This guy will leave the ME even more unstable than Gomer the Dumb.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.