Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactical Shotguns (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Tactical 1 point shotgun sling (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469320)

SprawlnBrawl 02-03-2013 06:55

Tactical 1 point shotgun sling

I have been trying to get a new 1 point bungee tactical shotgun sling, anyone has a good recommendation for a Mossberg 500?

MrMurphy 02-03-2013 07:58

Unless it's a breaching gun with a retention device, get a quick-adjust 2 point if you like your nuts.

Diesel McBadass 02-03-2013 10:12

anyone have luck with pump guns and 2 points, seems like sling would get in way of working slide.

Buffering 02-03-2013 11:13

I don't know what a tactical sling is. So if I have a choice between a really nice regular 1 point sling or a really crappy 1 tactical sling, go with tactical?

The word tactical has no meaning except to convey a lack of vocabulary or it donotes a lack of critical thinking of when determinging your real need for gear.

That said, Murph makes a good point about a single point slings and I do have on my 870 and a 2 point on my 1200.

I use the Megpul MS3 with the Mesa receiver mount. It works very well for transitions but not so well for running around and doing stuff that doesn't have me holding onto the weapon. It's a nut buster however, that sling can be detached and attached to a forward mount if you need it 2 point usefulness. Most of my range work/classes are congenial to single point use.

plouffedaddy 02-03-2013 11:14

I have a northeast tactical 1 point that's build very well.

MrMurphy 02-03-2013 12:14

Side sling mounts on the fore-end or the magazine tube coupler and the side of the stock generally work.

Mad Ryan 02-03-2013 12:26

I love the Vickers sling I've got on my AR. It should work great on a shotty

glockman99 02-03-2013 13:12

I have a Magpul Dynamics 1 point sling (convertable to a 2 point sling) that I hook to a receiver mounted Mesa loop hook on my Rem. 870 that I really like...This is a VERY solid & secure set, with excellent, heavy-duty hardware.

SouthpawG26 02-04-2013 14:02

For me, the shorter and lighter the long gun, a small carbine/sbr for instance, the more I look towards a single point sling.

The longer and heavier the gun is, especially a noseheavy gun with optics, vertical grip, light etc, the more I prefer a 3 point sling for stability.

If this is a 18.5 M500 without too many frills, a single point will serve you well, attached to a mount (swivel or fixed) right behind the receiver (usually some sort of shim plate, the traditional sling swivel on a wood or polymer stock is usually too far back for a single point sling).

Big Bird 02-04-2013 18:23

Single point slings suck for most every application except shooting on a range standing up.

You can convert a useful two point sling to a crappy single point sling with the click of a button with an adaptor.

A single point sling requires you to use a hand to control the weapon in most movement and especially if you are getting into a crouching or prone position. Otherwise your barrel will stick in the dirt. Just walking--forget runnning--with a single point sling is a chore. Stupid gun bounces around.

gooffeyguy 02-04-2013 20:26

I really like quick adjustable 2 point slings on shotguns due to the weight.

I have a Condor Speedy sling. Made in USA and costs about $20. Comes with quick connecting end straps which you can secure around the hand grip part of a standard stock or through any swivel or sling mount point.

dave67 02-09-2013 16:39

I use a BDS Tactical Enhanced Dual Sling that allows for both single point and two point setup. This way I have both.
Every shotgun class that I have required a single point sling.

Bullman 02-09-2013 16:51

I tried the single point on my 500 for a while with a end plate loop. it got in the way off hand and I didn't like that, plus as Murph says, it can be dangerous to the jewels as it is a little nose heavy to be hanging on a single point. I had a Rocky Mountain Tactical quick adjust that I could use as a single point or or 2 point sling, and I almost exclusively use it two point, it is just better that way.

chr_edw 02-17-2013 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMurphy (Post 19943560)
Unless it's a breaching gun with a retention device, get a quick-adjust 2 point if you like your nuts.

this ^^^

unless its some super short sbs or aow go with a 2 point.