Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Starting to get frustrated. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469071)

Fwdftw 02-01-2013 23:51

Starting to get frustrated.

Still no SPP or SRPs in stock anywere -.- i am not amused. Hell sportsmans warehouse doesnt even have shotsshell primers in stock. ( i dont use em , but they always have those in stock)

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Taterhead 02-02-2013 00:05

I was at Sportsmans in my area today. They had primers, surprisingly, so I bought some. No SPP though.

Colorado4Wheel 02-02-2013 05:48

I am expecting this to take 6 months to work itself out. Maybe a little more. This is why you buy in bulk.

IndyGunFreak 02-02-2013 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel (Post 19939812)
I am expecting this to take 6 months to work itself out. Maybe a little more. This is why you buy in bulk.

:agree:

n2extrm 02-02-2013 07:05

Yeah smells like, taste like, looks like 2008-2009 all over again.

Powder valley seems to get shipments from time to time, but you can't be too picky on what you buy. If you insist on Remington then you may have a longer wait. But if your opens to Remington CCI federal then you odds go up.

Had good luck with Graffs as well.

jmorris 02-02-2013 07:06

Yep, only new guys are out. Store them right and they will last for decades, stock up when you get the chance.

cajun_chooter 02-02-2013 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorris (Post 19940008)
Yep, only new guys are out. Store them right and they will last for decades, stock up when you get the chance.

what is the best way to store primers ?

Ruble Noon 02-02-2013 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fwdftw (Post 19939526)
Still no SPP or SRPs in stock anywere -.- i am not amused. Hell sportsmans warehouse doesnt even have shotsshell primers in stock. ( i dont use em , but they always have those in stock)

Here you go.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=327675195

:shocked:

SJ 40 02-02-2013 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2extrm (Post 19940002)
Yeah smells like, taste like, looks like 2008-2009 all over again.

Powder valley seems to get shipments from time to time, but you can't be too picky on what you buy. If you insist on Remington then you may have a longer wait. But if your opens to Remington CCI federal then you odds go up.

Had good luck with Graffs as well.

Make no mistake this is above and beyond what 08-09 was.

I was clicking around the net last night,went to more than a few sites and it's a wasteland.

One major distributor had Zero in the way of 22 long rifle,oh they did have some supply of 22 shot shell and some CB caps and shorts.
This same company during 08-09 while they may have not had your favorite,they did have 22 long rifle other than shot shell.
This is nothing like 08-09. SJ 40

Steel Head 02-02-2013 08:41

I've been able to find LPP's locally but SPP's have vanished.
Luckily 95% of my reloading is LLP.

Kentguy 02-02-2013 09:09

I got this email from Patricia at Precision Delta...

"Alan
Below is an e-mail I am sending out but am behind on sending e-mails as well! Please let me know if you must have them for a match or class and we will try to get them to. I am so sorry for the delay.

Hello - thanks for your bullet order placed online through our website. We were closed from Dec 22 - Jan 1. When we returned on Jan 2 we were swamped with orders Since orders have been coming in at such large numbers we cannot ship them out as fast as they get ordered - a good bad problem!

I am e-mailing to let you know we are behind at least 6 PLUS weeks on our shipping BULLETS and 2-3 weeks behind on shipping AMMUNITION. I apologize for just getting this e-mail to you but needless to say I am overwhelmed with e-mails as well!

We will ship your order as soon as we can."

I usually keep my supply shelves well stocked but this was in response to my usual order to keep ahead of the game (so to speak). It's just an idea what is happening all over the country with most all bullet, primer & powder suppliers.

Rich22 02-02-2013 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorris (Post 19940008)

Unless you just started loading for a new type. I have enough SPP for a year but since I did not get an AR until recently so I never purchased any SRP, but yeah anyone who has been doing this a while and did not buy in bulk for what they use is not sufficiently prepared

ron59 02-02-2013 09:22

You've been reloading long enough, I have NO SYMPATHY for you.

When Obama got elected in 2008, we went through this same thing. With the 2012 election, you didn't think possibly it could happen again? A smart person would. I'm sitting on 20,000 primers right now, I'm good for over a year.

For anybody who has been reloading for the last few years and didn't stock up.... shame on you and you have no room to complain or whine.

NMG26 02-02-2013 09:40

Got my LPPs at the bike shop I normally buy reloading supplies. They were out of SPPs.

Kablam 02-02-2013 10:56

Shhhhh....don't tell anybody. :cool: I get my stuff there too.

shotgunred 02-02-2013 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajun_chooter (Post 19940094)
what is the best way to store primers ?

By the sleeve on a shelf. A sleeve is 5 one K boxes packaged together in a bigger box.
The brown boxes on the third shelf are sleeve's.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...adingroom2.jpg

SPIN2010 02-02-2013 11:51

You guys know digital picts have GPS data in them right.

shotgunred 02-02-2013 11:55

I am not breaking any law so I don't care.
But thanks for the tip.

Taterhead 02-02-2013 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunred (Post 19940945)
I am not breaking any law so I don't care.
But thanks for the tip.

Yes, but 4000 of your best friends might show up asking for favors!

Fwdftw 02-02-2013 14:04

Im the kinda guy that doesnt have money to drop on 8lbs of powder at a time. Or 5 and 10000 primers. I have to buy small. I load because i cant afford to buy ammo lol

G31 02-02-2013 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fwdftw (Post 19941425)
Im the kinda guy that doesnt have money to drop on 8lbs of powder at a time. Or 5 and 10000 primers. I have to buy small. I load because i cant afford to buy ammo lol

Well, if you read the comments above, then shame on you. Shame on you for not being rich, and shame on you for not spending your entire disposable budget on primers and powder. Nothing else matters.

Sounds pretty effing stupid, doesn't it? I thought the same when I read the comments above.

RMF417 02-02-2013 14:48

Well I am the guy that just got into loading. For Christmas I asked for a press, scale ect. and was very happy on Christmas morning to have recieved most all of it. Just finished buying and setting up my reloading bench, mounted my new press, minus the shell holder, again very excited. Went to the local store to buy some supplies- very disappointed. I guess if things don't get better soon I can always sell a nice new press to one of you guys who have all the supplies. LOL

BobbyS 02-02-2013 14:48

Are the manufacturers not producing?

Taterhead 02-02-2013 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMF417 (Post 19941546)
Well I am the guy that just got into loading. For Christmas I asked for a press, scale ect. and was very happy on Christmas morning to have recieved most all of it. Just finished buying and setting up my reloading bench, mounted my new press, minus the shell holder, again very excited. Went to the local store to buy some supplies- very disappointed. I guess if things don't get better soon I can always sell a nice new press to one of you guys who have all the supplies. LOL

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to reloading. Keep your eyes open. You'll eventually cobble enough components together to get some rounds loaded. Get on backorder lists, get your (local gun store) LGS on speed dial. Know when the LGS gets deliveries and show up. They all seem to be getting some components here and there.

Starline is a great place to get brass. They will tell you the backorder date, and they have always met or beat the dates. Primers are tough everywhere. Bullets like XTPs are expensive, but they show up at the LGS. A box or two will get you started. You won't be hammering out high-volumes anyway while you are doing your first workups. Powders are hit-and-miss, but again, keep in touch with your LGS.

RustyL 02-02-2013 16:28

We are in the same boat, somewhat. I started a couple of months agos. I wanted to get my 100 sq. ft. of room I demanded, from the wife, completely remodeled a room, she say honey we really ought to use this room for a guest bedroom..:crying::crying::crying:, why do you use the other bedroom to do your man thing. However, I luckily picked up 16 pounds of powder, 3k bullets, 5k primers, 3k casings, and a few other odds and ends. I guess I'm good for a while, by the time I rebuild this whole damned house, I might get to reload some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMF417 (Post 19941546)