Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carry Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Loving the Blackhawk Serpa CQC (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469000)

Goodrich 02-01-2013 16:38

Loving the Blackhawk Serpa CQC
 
loving this holster for winter carry recommend it for medium/small hands. you don't find yourself bending your finger to depress the release button keeping your finger straight and maintaining your master grip.

http://i.imgur.com/PfuDyfd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yrJBSJl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z127vB4.jpg

INEEDMILK 02-01-2013 17:35

:popcorn:

bennie1986 02-01-2013 17:44

Love these holsters! Have them for a few of my guns.

ChallengerSRT 02-01-2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by INEEDMILK (Post 19938214)
:popcorn:

LOL, I just sent mine back after seeing the video of Tex shooting himself through the thigh with a .45! Seeing is believing, and I really didn't want to take a chance. I figure if someone that experienced can do it, so could I. I hope you're vigilant in making sure you don't mess up when you draw.

frontier2011 02-01-2013 17:47

I like mine alot also.
One thing that is a minor irritent is that I can not take off paddle unless I undo my belt. Once I put the holster on it dont wanna come off.

I guess its not such a bad thing.

Some people dont like these because some undisciplined people have accidently shot themselves while incorrectly pulling out their weapon.

Goodrich 02-01-2013 17:55

yeah I understand the mechanics behind why they AD their firearm. like I said I think it's easier for people with small/medium hands since you don't have to bend your finger to depress the button with the tip of your finger.

Whazoo 02-01-2013 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodrich (Post 19938298)
yeah I understand the mechanics behind why they AD their firearm. like I said I think it's easier for people with small/medium hands since you don't have to bend your finger to depress the button with the tip of your finger.

Not a fan of these - training the trigger finger on a third function doesn't seem like a great idea particularly under high stress...rolling around in the sand has been known to freeze the release mechanism...I will pass on Serpas

Icelander513 02-01-2013 19:53

Death traps. They have been known to lock your gun in. They've been strictly banned at my training institute after catastrophic failures that could've caused the user his/her life if they occurred during a real combat situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxpXU...ayer_embedded#!

DocWills 02-01-2013 19:55

no lock version is available at walmart

Fredder 02-01-2013 21:03

Love the Serpa line. Even use a Level 3 for duty. Haters gonna hate.

Aahzz 02-01-2013 22:11

Got mine today, for my M&P .45. Practice for about half an hour, then wore it out to dinner. During the practice session, I tried (with a double-checked verified unloaded gun) to have my finger end up in the trigger guard, could barely manage it on purpose. I've been drawing for 20 years with my finger alongside the frame - draw works great with the Serpa, feels natural and is FAST. My initial impressions are very positive indeed.

ChallengerSRT 02-01-2013 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredder (Post 19938950)
Love the Serpa line. Even use a Level 3 for duty. Haters gonna hate.

I'm far from a hater. As I said, I actually bought one from Cabelas on sale and it's been sitting in my drawer awaiting my gun which is on order. After viewing a recent thread here on the Serpa holster mechanism issues, I decided to send it back.
People buy lottery tickets thinking there's a chance they're going to win. Why, when faced with the possibility that an accidental firing could happen as a result of a design deficiency, would you want to ignore the risk? I'd like to think I could win the lottery with millions to 1 odds, but would rather not play the odds with the latter scenario happening because the outcome is just not worth it.
You may NEVER have a problem, but then again you may.

gooffeyguy 02-01-2013 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whazoo (Post 19938622)
Not a fan of these - training the trigger finger on a third function doesn't seem like a great idea particularly under high stress...rolling around in the sand has been known to freeze the release mechanism...I will pass on Serpas

Training the trigger finger to do what its already supposed to be doing when drawing a weapon? :headscratch:

bennie1986 02-01-2013 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerSRT (Post 19939185)
I'm far from a hater. As I said, I actually bought one from Cabelas on sale and it's been sitting in my drawer awaiting my gun which is on order. After viewing a recent thread here on the Serpa holster mechanism issues, I decided to send it back.
People buy lottery tickets thinking there's a chance they're going to win. Why, when faced with the possibility that an accidental firing could happen as a result of a design deficiency, would you want to ignore the risk? I'd like to think I could win the lottery with millions to 1 odds, but would rather not play the odds with the latter scenario happening because the outcome is just not worth it.
You may NEVER have a problem, but then again you may.

Nothing is absolute and if you look at it in terms of odds you couldn't carry any gun or holster.

glock1769 02-01-2013 23:15

I don't have a lot of time in with my Serpa yet but I really like it as well. I have seen the videos and other information out there...(after I purchased it)...but, I don't seem to have any inclination to curl my finger using this holster. So, my question is...can't you have the issue of getting your finger accidentally caught up in the trigger a risk with virtually holder as you draw? I'm relatively new to hand guns...so I'm honestly asking...not trying to cause a controversy. Thanks !

itsnitro 02-01-2013 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerSRT (Post 19938239)
LOL, I just sent mine back after seeing the video of Tex shooting himself through the thigh with a .45! Seeing is believing, and I really didn't want to take a chance. I figure if someone that experienced can do it, so could I. I hope you're vigilant in making sure you don't mess up when you draw.

If it's the same video I'm thinking of, I believe he said he forgot what holster he was using when he did it. I could be wrong.

glock1769 02-01-2013 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnitro (Post 19939363)
If it's the same video I'm thinking of, I believe he said he forgot what holster he was using when he did it. I could be wrong.

Yes...he did.

LAWDOGKMS 02-01-2013 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallengerSRT (Post 19938239)
LOL, I just sent mine back after seeing the video of Tex shooting himself through the thigh with a .45! Seeing is believing, and I really didn't want to take a chance. I figure if someone that experienced can do it, so could I. I hope you're vigilant in making sure you don't mess up when you draw.

Here we go again:upeyes:

That guy was an IDIOT!

I know and work with many high-speed operators and many use this holster, love it and trust it...

Indianashooter 02-01-2013 23:27

I have several Serpa holsters. I carried my 92FS in one for several years while doing weekend security at a local night club. Broke up many skirmishes and drug many a person out without a problem. Several times I even had to draw my Beretta from it and I never shot myself, bystander or person I was aiming at.
You just need to practice with whatever holster you use. It may look ridicules to someone looking in, but practicing drawing in front of a mirror (with an UNLOADED gun ) makes all the difference.

SCSU74 02-01-2013 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodrich (Post 19938026)
loving this holster for winter carry recommend it for medium/small hands. you don't find yourself bending your finger to depress the release button keeping your finger straight and maintaining your master grip.

http://i.imgur.com/PfuDyfd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yrJBSJl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z127vB4.jpg

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.... If it is google Serpa failure, check yourself before you wreck yourself


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.