Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   PV Hornady 55gr in stock (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468624)

EL_NinO619 01-30-2013 21:52

PV Hornady 55gr in stock
 
HURRY :tongueout::tongueout:

Boxerglocker 01-30-2013 23:24

$12.59 a hundred, holy crap... that's 5 cents a bullet more than the last time I bought bulk. Plus shipping.

EL_NinO619 01-31-2013 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxerglocker (Post 19932060)
$12.59 a hundred, holy crap... that's 5 cents a bullet more than the last time I bought bulk. Plus shipping.

I don't even think they are really in stock. I ordered 2,500 and just checked the status online. Still in stock and they let me a $20,000 worth in my cart. Prices are up and it sucks, but I need components for my 1050:supergrin:

shotgunred 01-31-2013 09:48

Sold your LNL AP?

I have been temped to try the same thing with the 650.

Boxerglocker 01-31-2013 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunred (Post 19933001)
Sold your LNL AP?

I have been temped to try the same thing with the 650.

Your gonna sell your 650 to load more than one caliber on a 1050? What are you going to size and trim with?

Meathead9 01-31-2013 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxerglocker (Post 19932060)
$12.59 a hundred, holy crap... that's 5 cents a bullet more than the last time I bought bulk. Plus shipping.

PV hasn't raised their prices. The 100 packs have always been more expensive per bullet than buying 1k or 2k. They just got a huge shipment from Hornady, so I'm guessing the 1k & 2k cases were gone after filling backorders. I still haven't gotten an invoice for the 2k I backordered, so they probably didn't get enough to fill all of them.

shotgunred 01-31-2013 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxerglocker (Post 19933150)
Your gonna sell your 650 to load more than one caliber on a 1050? What are you going to size and trim with?

I reload 4 calibers and I have three reloading presses. I like the idea of a 1050 but honestly the 650 is way more press than I need. Other than processing 223 I haven't needed to touch my presses this year.

EL_NinO619 01-31-2013 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunred (Post 19933604)
I reload 4 calibers and I have three reloading presses. I like the idea of a 1050 but honestly the 650 is way more press than I need. Other than processing 223 I haven't needed to touch my presses this year.

I will let you know how the 1050 is shortly. :supergrin:

shotgunred 01-31-2013 21:37

Please don't!

EL_NinO619 01-31-2013 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunred (Post 19935315)
Please don't!

Hopefully C4W does not read this, but I am going to make a video on how it sucks first. :rofl:

Colorado4Wheel 01-31-2013 22:36

Freakshow already covered that ground.

EL_NinO619 02-01-2013 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel (Post 19935498)
Freakshow already covered that ground.

Damn it.. Nosy :whistling:

What do you mean, Feak thinks the 1050 sucks? Come on really!!

I have read some of his post on Calguns he states its not needed to produce the same volume of ammo (almost) But I have never heard anyone saying the 1050 sucks, let alone that a 650 is better.

njl 02-01-2013 00:54

IIRC, Freak bought one used and never could get it running properly.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Boxerglocker 02-01-2013 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by njl (Post 19935861)
IIRC, Freak bought one used and never could get it running properly.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

I can't remember what the issue with his was? Wasn't it the feeding of the brass into the shell plate?

freakshow10mm 02-04-2013 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by njl (Post 19935861)
IIRC, Freak bought one used and never could get it running properly.

Negative. I bought it new from Dillon directly. Had some primer system issues that got worked out, .223 brass I was using was known as junk and problematic to reload (FC stamp) due to softness, swage rod broke, toolhead return spring wore prematurely and wouldn't hold the toolhead up, and that stupid ratchet setup is in the trash. Took a while to get used to it and get things worked out. It runs just fine now and has been for a while.

freakshow10mm 02-04-2013 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxerglocker (Post 19932060)
$12.59 a hundred, holy crap... that's 5 cents a bullet more than the last time I bought bulk. Plus shipping.

Yeah, and they said a while back they weren't going to raise prices with the demand surge. Prices would remain the same. I doubt their cost went up at all. I can still buy a 6,000ct case of Hornady 55gr FMJ for $60/K from a distributor and I'm sure PV is getting them direct from Hornady for cheaper than that.

Meathead9 02-04-2013 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow10mm (Post 19947759)
Yeah, and they said a while back they weren't going to raise prices with the demand surge. Prices would remain the same. I doubt their cost went up at all. I can still buy a 6,000ct case of Hornady 55gr FMJ for $60/K from a distributor and I'm sure PV is getting them direct from Hornady for cheaper than that.

PV is still selling them in bulk for about $90/k, I just put 2k on backorder a couple weeks ago. They haven't raised their prices. It seems like everyone else is selling 100 packs for over $20. Like I said, the 100 packs have always been more expensive per bullet.

shotgunred 02-04-2013 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL_NinO619 (Post 19935828)
Damn it.. Nosy :whistling:

What do you mean, Feak thinks the 1050 sucks? Come on really!!

I have read some of his post on Calguns he states its not needed to produce the same volume of ammo (almost) But I have never heard anyone saying the 1050 sucks, let alone that a 650 is better.

Believe it or not he did most of his commercial loading on a Dillon RL450.

EL_NinO619 02-04-2013 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunred (Post 19950081)
Believe it or not he did most of his commercial loading on a Dillon RL450.

I believe it, anything is possible, BHO got elected twice..:crying::wow::upeyes:

freakshow10mm 02-04-2013 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunred (Post 19950081)
Believe it or not he did most of his commercial loading on a Dillon RL450.

I started loading commercially on a 550. I have been loading commercially on a 1050 since 2009 and got rid of the 550 in 2011.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.