Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Eyewitnesses talk about inside Sandy Hook Elementary (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468469)

RussP 01-30-2013 09:49

Eyewitnesses talk about inside Sandy Hook Elementary

Reliving Horror and Faint Hope at Massacre Site

LE first responders talk about what they saw, what they did, the children, both those that died and those that survived, and the effects of the day and those that followed, now.

Quote:

Quote:

Some of you will want to go on a conspiracy tangent upon reading this. That is not the purpose of this thread. Please, don't do it.

Some of you will want to go on a tangent about "If cops can't take the pressure, they should get another job." That is not the purpose of the thread. Please, don't do it.

Some of you will want to counter statements in the article with media reports attributed to anonymous, unnamed, media contacts. We've seen and heard most of them before. Please, don't do it.

Some of you will want to troll with unrelated comments hoping to draw the ire of fellow GTers and have the thread locked. Please, don't do it.

Please keep discussions civil.

Yeah, not as much fun, but, lets do it.

Thanks

Oh, yeah, subtlety, that will only exacerbate your problem...

Beware Owner 01-30-2013 10:00

Poor guys.

ray9898 01-30-2013 10:01

I have seen some bad things in my career but I could not imagine what they dealt with.

Gallium 01-30-2013 10:05

I was not there, it was horrific, by any standard. Now they get to relive it ever so often, or bury the pain with work, booze, etc.

If they need it, I hope the state removes any impediments for them to get help.

sheriff733 01-30-2013 10:06

Something is wrong with my screen. It's all blurry.

:sadangel:

Gallium 01-30-2013 10:09

...I am so angry, and speechless.

Mayhem like Me 01-30-2013 10:22

Prayes sent. And it does not stop with them we have all the EMS /Fire people as well.

The thought of Officer Chapman and his story brought back some memories for me that I thought I had let go years ago , very emotional that story.

I hope the familys of the victims and responders can get the help they need, I have a feeling they will be coping with this for some time.

That poor lone surviving child in the room I hope she is never identified and can get the help she needs.

SC Tiger 01-30-2013 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallium (Post 19929427)
...I am so angry, and speechless.

Same here.

The end, about the monster truck backpack and the Christmas ornaments just tore me up.

mgs 01-30-2013 11:13

They were all victims and that's a fact. So sad that evil exists and people deny it. To many people live in denial. That is the biggest disaster we will face in the future. No one should have to deal with real horror but society openly enjoys violent entertainment and horror which can't be good. So sad we are all being blamed for the outcome and we've done nothing wrong. Excuses and blame are better than facts these days. Only violence can be stopped with violence once evil acts. Using people like Gabby Gifford and these children to shame us only makes us mad at them (victims) and less forgiving to their plight. I will not be shamed into submission but do morn the loss of these children and adults.

gjk5 01-30-2013 12:49

man. I cannot imagine what those guys saw, or having to live with it.

xRUSTYx 01-30-2013 13:39

My thoughts & prayers not only go out to all the families and friends of the victims, but the family & friends of the first responders.

I could only imagine what these men & women are going through.

RussP 01-30-2013 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tiger (Post 19929554)
Same here.

The end, about the monster truck backpack and the Christmas ornaments just tore me up.

Yep...

Bruce M 01-30-2013 16:42

I can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with that.

WT 01-30-2013 17:01

Those officers show incredible strength by their willingness to discuss this. I truly hope that they get whatever help and support they need.

God bless them and keep them strong.

As an aside, I could not help but notice that one off duty detective arrived at the scene without a gun. He had to borrow one. Here is a prime example of why police officers need to carry 24/7. Maybe an example of why on duty officers should carry two guns. I am not criticizing the man. I am just noting an observation.

DanaT 01-30-2013 17:07

Wow. That tears me up inside.

I can only ask, how can a person have so much evil in him.

I feel so sorry for those officers and first responders. They will have scars for life.

RussP 01-30-2013 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by WT (Post 19930823)
As an aside, I could not help but notice that one off duty detective arrived at the scene without a gun. He had to borrow one. Here is a prime example of why police officers need to carry 24/7. Maybe an example of why on duty officers should carry two guns. I am not criticizing the man. I am just noting an observation.

Excellent point, sir...:thumbsup:

"Cold Dead Hands" ! 01-30-2013 17:13

Hell on Earth !
These damn "Gun Free Zones" attract these cowardly mass killers like magnets.
The Colorado movie theater shooter went to three other theaters till he found the right one.
It was a Gun Free Zone, with metal detectors.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

M&P Shooter 01-30-2013 17:20

What soldiers and law enforcement see becomes routine in time I imagine but I can't imagine anybody getting use to seeing dead children. I think I would be consumed by rage, sadness and confusion to see the aftermath of Sandy Hook Elementary. Every time I think about those poor children I get so mad I want to punch holes in my walls:steamed:

NeverMore1701 01-30-2013 18:44

I've seen some pretty horrible things involving children, mostly traffic collisions.

This....

I can't even begin to imagine.

RussP 01-30-2013 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&P Shooter (Post 19930911)
What soldiers and law enforcement see becomes routine in time I imagine

No sir, it does not become routine.

M&P Shooter 01-30-2013 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussP (Post 19931366)

One of my good friends is 64 years old. He's a Vietnam vet and retired Philadelphia Detective. He told me once before that he could never get use to seeing children hurt or worst.

frank4570 01-30-2013 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 19930840)
I can only ask, how can a person have so much evil in him.

A head full of bad wiring. His mom told a babysitter, "Never turn your back on him." I think that pretty much sums up his life.
He was too dangerous/crazy to have guns around. He should have been locked up.

M&P Shooter 01-30-2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank4570 (Post 19931514)
A head full of bad wiring. His mom told a babysitter, "Never turn your back on him." I think that pretty much sums up his life.

If I had a child like that at home the last thing I would do is take him to the range or leave him with access to a weapon. I blame the mother more then him. He was a frigging nut job but the mother had no excuse. Those kids died because his mother was a irresponsible parent:steamed:

Gray_Rider 01-31-2013 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank4570 (Post 19931514)

But somehow this is the NRA's fault??!!! :steamed:

More liberal Gracie Allen illogical logic. If a pump shotgun was used they STILL would go after "assault weapons", hi cap magazines and semi auto pistols. It's never about crime control, it's about CONTROL.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste....

Gray_Rider

Gallium 01-31-2013 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussP (Post 19931366)

Unfortunately, if you are exposed to anything enough in life, your systems adjust, and it does become a part of the mosaic. :sad:

I am speaking from experience, not some dude behind a keyboard who read something in a book.

If you don't believe me, ask anyone who served in the Haitian Police, especially under Duvalier.