Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Okie Memorial Area (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Thanks Barry. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468428)

okie 01-30-2013 06:59

Thanks Barry.
 
I am used to getting 350-400 bucks back from the Feds on my taxes, this damn year 4 damn dollars, WTF am I going to do with 4 damn dollars? Thanks for nothing Barry:upeyes::steamed:

PAGunner 01-30-2013 07:01

Tell him to "keep the change".

Ian Moone 01-30-2013 07:03

You can buy .0087 shares of Apple, Inc. :wavey:

SC Tiger 01-30-2013 07:05

Facebook stock.

FLIPPER 348 01-30-2013 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by okie (Post 19928796)
I am used to getting 350-400 bucks back from the Feds on my taxes, this damn year 4 damn dollars, WTF am I going to do with 4 damn dollars? Thanks for nothing Barry:upeyes::steamed:




With all due respect Okie, the President had nothing to do with your tax return as your taxes have not gone up.

aircarver 01-30-2013 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 (Post 19928821)
With all due respect Okie, the President had nothing to do with your tax return as your taxes have not gone up.

Yeah Okie ...

Who ya gonna believe- him or yer lyin' eyes ?

.

Fear Night 01-30-2013 07:16

Just be glad that you were able to provide food stamps for 1 month to an under privileged individual.

FLIPPER 348 01-30-2013 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by aircarver (Post 19928833)
Yeah Okie ...

Who ya gonna believe- him or yer lyin' eyes ?

.


......have his 'lyin eyes' done the math between this year and last to see the delta in his tax rate??


I understand a mindless Obama-bash is good fun but there are these pesky facts that can be a buzz kill.

Sharkey 01-30-2013 07:18

It's the price we must pay for the fed. govt. to take splendid care of us. O care and the bureaucracy that comes with it is not cheap. See they have this budget they passed.............oh wait.

Look at it this way, you just helped someone on welfare buy a six pack of beer and some smokes. Consider it mandated charity.

slick64 01-30-2013 07:24

Don't worry Okie.....I will pay my "fair share" this year too.

SC Tiger 01-30-2013 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 (Post 19928821)
With all due respect Okie, the President had nothing to do with your tax return as your taxes have not gone up.

This was my understanding as well. The new taxes will not be in effect (as far as returns) until you do your taxes for 2013.

Okie - compare you 2012 tax forms to your 2011 ones. Perhaps you missed something. It is easy to do.

Big Bird 01-30-2013 07:59

Is this going to impact your Taco Bell budget for the year?

Gallium 01-30-2013 08:15

You might have to sell that nickel plated 1911 and get a Glock, mayor :)!

SC Tiger 01-30-2013 08:17

I've been reading and some of this is based on the Alternative Minimum Tax. I'm still trying to get my head around the whole thing but basically Congress forgot to re-set the income that qualifies for AMT so it is now at $45,000 for married couples. There are exemptions as well that don't qualify if you pay AMT.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeble in tax law can help me figure this out.

Dennis in MA 01-30-2013 08:53

You're weh-el-el-el-commmme, okieeeeee!

http://hollywoodnose.com/images/net_...-net-worth.jpg

Sharkey 01-30-2013 08:57

How can "taxes " not have gone up? First paycheck of the year showed a 2% increase in the amount deducted from your check to pay into SS.

This is just a start.
I bet there will be a VAT tax by year's end. Some extra scratch has to come in, to keep up with all the spending going on. We are just paying on the interest of our natl. debt.

GLOCK19FTW 01-30-2013 08:58

Ouch.. sorry to hear man. :(

We're getting back a little over 2k, not sure what we're gonna do with it yet, but I'm thinking a new toy & a vacation.. lol

Dennis in MA 01-30-2013 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Tiger (Post 19929009)
I've been reading and some of this is based on the Alternative Minimum Tax. I'm still trying to get my head around the whole thing but basically Congress forgot to re-set the income that qualifies for AMT so it is now at $45,000 for married couples. There are exemptions as well that don't qualify if you pay AMT.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeble in tax law can help me figure this out.

No.

http://business.time.com/2013/01/03/...a-dreaded-tax/

It was ORIGINALLY 45K. Back long ago. (1970's?) I still say AMT is set too low. It's designed to trap tax dodgers, not anyone making more than X. Limits are too low. Total tax % is too high. (I want to say it was the lower 20's for a while. I could be wrong.)

bear62 01-30-2013 09:07

Okie, your refund and a small change can get you a Carl Jr's Western burger............ They are goooooooood..... :rofl::rofl:

aircarver 01-30-2013 09:09

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ing-up-cch.png

:upeyes:

.

SC Tiger 01-30-2013 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis in MA (Post 19929177)
No.

http://business.time.com/2013/01/03/...a-dreaded-tax/

It was ORIGINALLY 45K. Back long ago. (1970's?) I still say AMT is set too low. It's designed to trap tax dodgers, not anyone making more than X. Limits are too low. Total tax % is too high. (I want to say it was the lower 20's for a while. I could be wrong.)

Thanks. I couldn't find anything current on the AMT and the more I read, the more confused I got. Apparently they finally got it fixed.

GMAN12 01-30-2013 09:15

You could always buy 1 round of .223 at today's going rate.:rofl:

John_NJ 01-30-2013 09:18

You are smart to break even on your tax bill. Why give the government a free loan each year?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

ray9898 01-30-2013 09:31

I also thought the tax rate over the last 2 years was stable.

Dennis in MA 01-30-2013 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_NJ (Post 19929234)
You are smart to break even on your tax bill. Why give the government a free loan each year?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Depends. At a 6% CD rate and a 5% savings acct rate (remember those days?) I'd agree with you.

At 0.25% rate, $5K in a refund means $6.25 in "lost interest." It may not be worth the while.

(FWIW - I almost ALWAYS owe.)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.