Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What not to do with your duty weapon when you go to the bathroom... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467843)

steveksux 01-27-2013 19:08

What not to do with your duty weapon when you go to the bathroom...

http://www.freep.com/article/2013012...yssey=obinsite

School security officer leaves weapon in restroom accidentally...

Not going to hear the end of this one anytime soon.

Nobody hurt, now there's a lockbox available in the staff restroom for the future...

Randy

Patchman 01-27-2013 20:29

Which is why I've always advocated that instead of school security officers, schools should have students' parents take up security functions.

First and foremost, parents have the greatest stake, and interest, in ensuring their own children's safety. Also, as I learned on the internet, CCWers are natural tactical ninjas that would never need to use the bathroom in the first place!

Morris 01-27-2013 20:41

And here I thought it was going to be a story about dropping the Glock in the toilet . . . :whistling:

nikerret 01-27-2013 20:56

I hope the bathroom is a single-person use type. Having a lockbox in the lobby area of a multi-person bathroom isn't a great idea, either.

DaBigBR 01-27-2013 22:05

Amateur. If you're in uniform and taking the whole belt off, leave the gun in the holster and the belt where it can't be grabbed easily (like between your legs, or on the hook on the door if there is one. If you're wearing a concealment holster, set the gun (in the holster, preferably) in your pants between your legs.

CJStudent 01-27-2013 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBigBR (Post 19919793)
Amateur. If you're in uniform and taking the whole belt off, leave the gun in the holster and the belt where it can't be grabbed easily (like between your legs, or on the hook on the door if there is one. If you're wearing a concealment holster, set the gun (in the holster, preferably) in your pants between your legs.

Or just leave the bat belt connected to your pants belt with the keepers. It's not that hard with practice.

nikerret 01-27-2013 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJStudent (Post 19919852)
Or just leave the bat belt connected to your pants belt with the keepers. It's not that hard with practice.

I have not mastered that. I do the DBR method. Or this:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...belttoilet.jpg

CJStudent 01-27-2013 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikerret (Post 19919938)

It might be more of a pain with the Sam Browne rigs, but I never had a problem with a Safariland 94 buckleless belt or any of the nylon belts I've had.

indigent 01-28-2013 00:18

Quote:

Have you thought this method thru? While I applaud your creativeness, a day of bad gas and your pistola is gonna smell like the business end of a rotten goat.........

cowboywannabe 01-28-2013 00:56

i crap at home before or after shift. if for some reason i had to crap on duty it would be at the station and i would call out that i was having a stomach disorder for a few minutes........

i have a public bathroom phobia i guess.....i can piss anywhere, especially on night shift....but taking a crap has to be in a clean, private bathroom with low risk to being in that pisition if you know what i mean....

God help the female cops who have to drop trou just to pee.

Poppa Bear 01-28-2013 01:07

Quote:

Just make sure the gun stays in the holster. We had one here a few years ago where he hung the gun on the hook. Pushed up on it as he removed it and put one into the ceiling.

Like on the old Barney Miller show. The only one to wear a shoulder holster was Fish (Abe Vigoda) who seemed to live in the bathroom he was in there so often.

Schaffer 01-28-2013 02:00

im lucky that i'm usually within 5 minutes of my station... or a neighboring dept, or my house, or my old ladies place, or the local gas station....

i usually take my belt off and lay it down on the meter monsters desk as she's the only one who can keep **** clean in this hell hole.

steveksux 01-28-2013 07:08

Thought the toimng was particularly ironic, what with the debate over arming people at schools, he was newly installed at the school.

You know this sort of thing happens from time to time, but this was the worst possible time to do it.

Or maybe the best, get it out of the way while the administration may be afraid of blame for the whole idea going south so soon...

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

The Fed 01-28-2013 07:20

+1 on the shoulder holster. I put on a t-shirt (for comfort), my shoulder holster, and a button down shirt. I leave the middle button or buttons unbottoned to allow easy access. That's why I hoped open carry would have passed so I could leave my shirt completely unbottoned. Yor won't see the gun or holster unless the wind blows it open.

collim1 01-28-2013 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboywannabe (Post 19920231)
i crap at home before or after shift. if for some reason i had to crap on duty it would be at the station and i would call out that i was having a stomach disorder for a few minutes........

i have a public bathroom phobia i guess.....i can piss anywhere, especially on night shift....but taking a crap has to be in a clean, private bathroom with low risk to being in that pisition if you know what i mean....

God help the female cops who have to drop trou just to pee.

I am lucky to live in the jurisdiction. I only code deuce at my own house. Kinda nice to be able to come home and make a ham sammich at midnight also, keeps me from eating fast food.

BigSpenda864 01-28-2013 09:20

Quote:

Thank goodness for baby changing stations!

Arc Angel 01-28-2013 09:31

Quote:

:rofl: THAT is exactly what I have been using diaper changing tables in Men's Rooms for during the past 15 years!

(I knew I couldn't be the only one!) :supergrin:

GRIMLET 01-28-2013 10:50

I hang my rig on the handicap rail. Its off the floor and handy if I need it.

We had a small trailer as a substation that had a tiny bathroom. I am not.
I would leave the rig on a desk but ALWAYS brought the sidearm and radio in with me.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

ColdSteelNail 01-28-2013 11:03

When I was in college I worked part time in the County Clerks office selling license plates and decals. I found a .38 Chief's Special on the window sill in the bathroom. I turned it in to the sheriff's office which was on the lower floor of the courthouse. It turned out to be the sheriff's gun.

indigent 01-28-2013 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by collim1 (Post 19920909)
I am lucky to live in the jurisdiction. I only code deuce at my own house. Kinda nice to be able to come home and make a ham sammich at midnight also, keeps me from eating fast food.

I too am spoiled with this.....

and to have an empty house to not have to worry about waking anyone up when i come bustin in the door with a hot code brown....