Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   The Second Coming of George W. Bush (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467607)

maxsnafu 01-26-2013 17:03

The Second Coming of George W. Bush
 
http://www.theamericanconservative.c...rn-to-bushism/

Berto 01-26-2013 17:12

GWB is looking better and better everyday.

maxsnafu 01-26-2013 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 19914851)
GWB is looking better and better everyday.

________ (fill in the blank) is better than Obama is the mindset that has caused the GOP to lose the last two elections and probably assured a permanent GOP ouster.

jlavallee 01-26-2013 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 19914851)
GWB is looking better and better everyday.

The guy that got the TSA started and began the PATRIOT act is looking good to you? Holy ****, comparing a current statist to a previous statist shows you don't understand a damn thing.

maxsnafu 01-26-2013 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlavallee (Post 19914993)
The guy that got the TSA started and began the PATRIOT act is looking good to you? Holy ****, comparing a current statist to a previous statist shows you don't understand a damn thing.

Don't forget Medicare part D, No Child Left Behind and no immigration enforcement.

cesaros 01-26-2013 18:16

GWB is just the Right wing version of Obama. Both are awful people, who shouldn't be allowed to lead anything, period.

GWB is just as guilty of obstructing constitutional law as Obama...if not more.

Alizard 01-26-2013 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsnafu (Post 19914867)
________ (fill in the blank) is better than Obama is the mindset that has caused the GOP to lose the last two elections and probably assured a permanent GOP ouster.

I could have set a potted plant in a chair and beaten Obama but the GOP found the way to lose.

At least a potted plant wouldn't have said the plethora of stupid things the repub candidates did....

Alizard 01-26-2013 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsnafu (Post 19915024)
Don't forget Medicare part D, No Child Left Behind and no immigration enforcement.

Hey..... let's not forget the trillions spent to invade a country that was no threat to us, but whose toppling started the dominoes falling that now seem certain to upend the stability of the whole region.

hogfish 01-26-2013 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 19914851)
GWB is looking better and better everyday.

Yep. He drove up the deficit at a much slower pace.

engineer151515 01-26-2013 21:21

Bush Derangement Syndrome. It's incredible. Four years into Obama's additional debt which will total some 10 trillion dollars added by the end of the second term and people here continue to rail against Bush. Like the past four years didn't even happen.

Unbelievable.

And the article wasn't even about George Bush.

GAFinch 01-26-2013 21:40

Neocon used eight times in a five paragraph article. Was this re-printed from someone's newsletter? :shakehead:

TDC20 01-26-2013 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alizard (Post 19915495)
Hey..... let's not forget the trillions spent to invade a country that was no threat to us, but whose toppling started the dominoes falling that now seem certain to upend the stability of the whole region.

Surely you're not implying that Obama, Hillary, Valerie Jarrett, and Huma didn't have any part of these "dominoes falling," or are you?

GAFinch 01-26-2013 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC20 (Post 19915948)
Surely you're not implying that Obama, Hillary, Valerie Jarrett, and Huma didn't have any part of these "dominoes falling," or are you?

Don't forget Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, who were over in Egypt before the Arab Spring teaching the gullible left-wing academics how to use social media to win over the left-wing academics in the Free World.

LASTRESORT20 01-26-2013 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesaros (Post 19915052)
GWB is just the Right wing version of Obama. Both are awful people, who shouldn't be allowed to lead anything, period.

GWB is just as guilty of obstructing constitutional law as Obama...if not more.



Most would take Bush over berry any-day....:upeyes:

Berry caused more damage than all the presidents put together.....get it right hommie.:)

Syclone538 01-26-2013 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19915717)
Bush Derangement Syndrome. It's incredible.
...

You've completely changed my mind about W, I now think he was great because of how successfully you just argued against the points made about how bad he was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19915717)
...
Four years into Obama's additional debt which will total some 10 trillion dollars added by the end of the second term and people here continue to rail against Bush. Like the past four years didn't even happen.

Unbelievable.
...

Saying W was bad is NOT saying O is good. A few of us actually want less government.

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19915717)
...
And the article wasn't even about George Bush.

Did you read the title of the thread you're posting in? do lot triumph chinh hang do lot nu hang hieu do so sinh khac vest cong so nu ao so mi nu album anh be dep

cesaros 01-26-2013 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 (Post 19915993)
Most would take Bush over berry any-day....:upeyes:

Berry caused more damage than all the presidents put together.....get it right hommie.:)


I guess I'm still a student of the school that teaches...Don't choose one evil over another...because they're both evil.

Unfortunately, that's how America votes :whistling:

EOS 01-27-2013 01:40

Why does it always have to be one or the other?

If you critisize Bush, your an Obama supporter.

If you critisize Obama, you've still got a "W" campaign sticker on you car.

How about this...

BOTH are horrible statists who drive up debt and deficits, start needless wars, erode the Bill of Rights and put the US on the edge of bankruptcy.


Bush, Obama or any POTUS and their respective zombies are the problem in this country.

Every Republican and Democrat voter knows Bush and Obama were/are disasters, but they are consumed by cognitive dissonance, refusing to admit the truth to even themselves because they care more about the image of their party than their own future and the future of their children.

GunHo198 01-27-2013 01:46

I like Bush!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

maxsnafu 01-27-2013 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19915717)
Bush Derangement Syndrome. It's incredible. Four years into Obama's additional debt which will total some 10 trillion dollars added by the end of the second term and people here continue to rail against Bush. Like the past four years didn't even happen.

Unbelievable.

And the article wasn't even about George Bush.

Are we just supposed to forget about the damage he did and pretend it didn't happen? Just keep on with business as usual?

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.

engineer151515 01-27-2013 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsnafu (Post 19916605)
Are we just supposed to forget about the damage he did and pretend it didn't happen? Just keep on with business as usual?

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.

Any "damage" claimed by GW Bush was passed by Congress, renewed by Obama himself (with his famous "autopen" - not having the political courage to sign it in person), and expanded upon exponentially by the recent crop of Senate Democrats and the President. You wail about border security. The only border fence you got was under Bush. You wail about Medicare Part D. You got Obamacare. You wail about increasing the debt 4 trillion dollars over 8 years fighting 2 wars. You're gonna have 10 trillion dollars on top of that. Wake up. If four more years of Bush meant I would save my children 6 trillion dollars of additional debt, sign me up!

The Bush railings were valid political discussion 4 years ago. Actually, more like 6 years ago with the final 2 years of a Democrat spendthrift Congress.

It makes as much sense as me railing against Bill Clinton for being an embarrassing looser of a President.

engineer151515 01-27-2013 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syclone538 (Post 19916051)

Did you read the title of the thread you're posting in?

Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread, or the first 8 responses to this thread?

engineer151515 01-27-2013 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState (Post 19916235)

Every Republican and Democrat voter knows Bush and Obama were/are disasters, but they are consumed by cognitive dissonance, refusing to admit the truth to even themselves because they care more about the image of their party than their own future and the future of their children.

You forgot the inventor of the retroactive tax increase and one of the supporters of the policy that would ultimately undercut secured banking fundamentals leading to the near collapse of the world economy, Bill Clinton.

I could rail against every policy disagreement all the way back to Johnson which would be relevant to my life, but if you don't turn your political vision to what is happening today, you are going to wake up "employed" by the government, confined to health care policies, totally taxed to support the state's collapsed currency and disarmed.

Welcome to 2013.

maxsnafu 01-27-2013 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19916786)
Any "damage" claimed by GW Bush was passed by Congress, renewed by Obama himself (with his famous "autopen" - not having the political courage to sign it in person), and expanded upon exponentially by the recent crop of Senate Democrats and the President. You wail about border security. The only border fence you got was under Bush. You wail about Medicare Part D. You got Obamacare. You wail about increasing the debt 4 trillion dollars over 8 years fighting 2 wars. You're gonna have 10 trillion dollars on top of that. Wake up. If four more years of Bush meant I would save my children 6 trillion dollars of additional debt, sign me up!

The Bush railings were valid political discussion 4 years ago. Actually, more like 6 years ago with the final 2 years of a Democrat spendthrift Congress.

It makes as much sense as me railing against Bill Clinton for being an embarrassing looser of a President.

You seem to think that since Bush was not quite as bad as Obama we should give him a pass.

happyguy 01-27-2013 08:02

Quote:

A future Republican nominee needs to be able to claim credibly that he does not represent the second coming of George W. Bush. Right now, Rubio seems to working overtime to confirm that this is exactly what he wants to be.
Obama is Bush on steroids.

I truly wish we would get an honest, conservative, man/woman of principle to vote for.

Yeah I know, I said honest in a thread about politicians. :upeyes:

Silly me, I can dream can't I.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

engineer151515 01-27-2013 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsnafu (Post 19916818)
You seem to think that since Bush was not quite as bad as Obama we should give him a pass.

Now, it is your arguments that lack detail.

I state what I think. You need not interject.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.