Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Glock 30S (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467395)

pennypooguns 01-25-2013 17:35

Glock 30S
 
Hi:
I have been told there is a new Glock. Model 30S which is a Model 30 with a Model 36 barrel and slide ?
Does anyone have one?
Opinions ?

hawgrider 01-25-2013 17:42

Yes it was just announced not available as of yet but there are some on here that have done this. They have both a 26 and 30 and have made the switch. Shouldn't be an issue since the 45 ACP isn't a high pressure cartridge. The slide is slimmer on the 30s or a 30 with 36 slide.

DannyR 01-25-2013 18:56

I do not expect to see any available until April.

ortizlatin 01-26-2013 15:03

I need to get one of these. I currently looked at the G30 Gen3 and loved it, $650 out the door. I'm sure the 30s might be a bit more expensive.

AK47Man 01-26-2013 15:09

The indoor range and gun shop I go to just got some in...Comes with two mags...$589.00..

Noponer 01-26-2013 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyR (Post 19911368)
I do not expect to see any available until April.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortizlatin (Post 19914370)
I need to get one of these. I currently looked at the G30 Gen3 and loved it, $650 out the door. I'm sure the 30s might be a bit more expensive.

Went to a local dealer today (1/26/13). He had 2 for the same price as regular G30's in his shop. His prices are hard to beat in this area... $519 for the G30S.

A customer walked in & traded for one of them. I looked at the other one for a while, but could not bring myself to trade my almost-new G30SF for it.

BenjiEDF 01-26-2013 17:27

I saw one in the gun shop today! I really would like to shoot one though to see how the recoil feels first... I'm not a big fan of my G27 honestly (too snappy) but .45 has that longer push so it may be alright.

HGxyz 01-26-2013 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiEDF (Post 19914898)
I saw one in the gun shop today! I really would like to shoot one though to see how the recoil feels first... I'm not a big fan of my G27 honestly (too snappy) but .45 has that longer push so it may be alright.

For me, the G30sf shoots much softer than the G27 (I have both). I expect the G30s, with its lighter slide, will be in between, but much closer to the G30sf.

vmann 01-26-2013 17:42

i am buying the first one i see

oldguynewglock 01-26-2013 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47Man (Post 19914396)
The indoor range and gun shop I go to just got some in...Comes with two mags...$589.00..

Could you say where in Mo? I am in Missouri and am intrested. Shops in my area do not have any.

James Dean 01-26-2013 19:16

Glock should have just released them in Gen4

Glock Junkie 01-26-2013 19:17

I just fondled one earlier today. I think I am gonna buy it it the morning

Swipter 01-26-2013 21:11

So what's wrong with the SF since everyone is talking about and seems to want the 30S?

glock-fan 01-26-2013 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swipter (Post 19915678)
So what's wrong with the SF since everyone is talking about and seems to want the 30S?

G30s is a hybrid (G30sf frame with 36 slide). It is lighter, and the slide is thinner than G30sf



tahco gunworks 01-26-2013 21:44

what a lame new model from glock.

some of you are like sheep.

swigert 01-27-2013 00:05

I picked one up over a week ago. Hasn't left my side wife. I LOVE IT!

James Dean 01-27-2013 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahco gunworks (Post 19915785)
what a lame new model from glock.

some of you are like sheep.

Why do you say that? I don't own a G30 yet. The Gen4 looks like my next Glock

mtber1172 01-27-2013 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyR (Post 19911368)
I do not expect to see any available until April.

My LGS got in a few of them already.

CynicX 01-27-2013 05:21


I've been looking at an XDs. I'm gonna wait till I can shoot the 30s.

silversport 01-27-2013 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahco gunworks (Post 19915785)
what a lame new model from glock.

some of you are like sheep.

Like James Dean I don't own a GLOCK 30 either...I would prefer the G30SF To the G30 because of the slightly shorter frame (front to back)...I think I would prefer the Gen4 G30 because of the 3rd magazine, larger mag release and I like the frame pattern...I may even prefer the G30S best because of the slimmer slide (if it doesn't add to recoil much) but might wait for a Gen4 version if GLOCK builds it...

Bill

Noponer 01-28-2013 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noponer (Post 19914498)
Went to a local dealer today (1/26/13). He had 2 for the same price as regular G30's in his shop. His prices are hard to beat in this area... $519 for the G30S.

A customer walked in & traded for one of them. I looked at the other one for a while, but could not bring myself to trade my almost-new G30SF for it.

Well, I went back today & bought a 30S (he still had a couple). I will shoot it tomorrow along with my G30SF to see if the recoil is acceptable... I feel sure it will be.

I did notice that slide peening has already begun, with just the factory test rounds! At least there are noticeable marks on the slide & locking block. Even my G30SF with a couple hundred rounds on it does not look that way; the lighter slide is obviously moving much faster than the regular G30 slides.

It fits a couple of my G30 holsters, but is a little loose in the Askins Avenger type (actually an older Dillon for G21's that I had shortened for a previous G30). I can tighten that if necessary.

The trigger bar is a -2 instead of -1. What's that all about? Is that unique to the G30S?

Noponer 01-29-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noponer (Post 19922615)
Well, I went back today & bought a 30S (he still had a couple). I will shoot it tomorrow along with my G30SF to see if the recoil is acceptable... I feel sure it will be.

I did notice that slide peening has already begun, with just the factory test rounds! At least there are noticeable marks on the slide & locking block. Even my G30SF with a couple hundred rounds on it does not look that way; the lighter slide is obviously moving much faster than the regular G30 slides.

It fits a couple of my G30 holsters, but is a little loose in the Askins Avenger type (actually an older Dillon for G21's that I had shortened for a previous G30). I can tighten that if necessary.

The trigger bar is a -2 instead of -1. What's that all about? Is that unique to the G30S?

The kick is noticeably more than the G30SF, especially when firing Buffalo Bore +P 230 gr rounds. Not horrible... about what you would expect when losing more than 3 ozs. of steel in the slide. Probably no worse (if as bad) as a G27... I have not shot one for several years.

I'm gonna keep it, though - it's worth it for a .45 SD gun weighing little more than a fully loaded G26. I never use +P rounds in .45 for EDC.... just keep a mag full for those times when I might take to a trail in the woods.

silversport 01-30-2013 04:50

thanks for your feedback Noponer...I'll have to decide if I can deal with easier carry but stouter recoil or...

Bill

GRT45 01-30-2013 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noponer (Post 19922615)
The trigger bar is a -2 instead of -1. What's that all about? Is that unique to the G30S?

Hmmm...that is very interesting. That's the first report I've read of a -2 variant of the trigger bar. Is it still 4256, marked 4256-2?

Noponer 01-30-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRT45 (Post 19928586)
Hmmm...that is very interesting. That's the first report I've read of a -2 variant of the trigger bar. Is it still 4256, marked 4256-2?

Yes, 4256-2. BIG stamped numbers.... the "2" was almost around the bend where the spring arm turns down. :dunno:

I might add that the slide would go into battery OK when held vertical & the trigger held back. The G30SF that I bought a few months back would not do that, but functioned fine with live ammo. That test does not bother me if a gun shoots OK.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.