Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduction Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   Hello (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466883)

BIGBEAR92314 01-23-2013 13:12

Hello

Hello from the mountains of Southern California. :wavey:
I consider myself a newbie to handguns I have a couple os 22's a AR-7 rifle and an American Arms mini 5 shot revolver that is holstered in a belt buckle.I decided it was time to get something more substantial that my wife could shoot as well. After much research and discussion with my cop friends I decided on a Glock Gen 3 19.
Now the adventure begins.I looked everywhere online stores, My local FFL Dealer and went to a Gun Show and could not find one anywhere.I was surprised to find there were almost no guns of any type at the gun show at all. I saw that amo was back ordered and out of stock in a lot of places as well so I waited in a hour and a half amo line and picked up 500 9mm rounds so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
The only two websites I found that did not show all inventory sold out or back ordered were TheGlockStore and Glockmeister. I tried for a week to contact them by phone and e mail for over a week with no luck. They are probably out of inventory as well but just don't post it.
So I went ahead and placed an order for a Gen 3 19 with TruGlo TFO green/green night sights, Stainless Steel recoil assy w/ stock spring weight, Glock extended slide stop lever, Glockmeister extended slide stop and back strap.
It's been two weeks since I placed the order and still have not heard anything back yet.
Hopefully I will be a happy Glock owner some time soon.
Since I am a complete newbie and have not finalized my order yet any input on the options I included would be appreciated.
Thanks to all who have contributed to the wealth of information here.

FLSlim 01-23-2013 15:11

Welcome aboard!

bac1023 01-23-2013 15:51

Welcome!

mymini40 01-23-2013 17:37

Welcome to the forum!

RPVG 01-23-2013 18:00

Welcome! Been to Big Bear many times. Beautiful!

skeeter7 01-24-2013 01:54

:welcome:

BIGBEAR92314 01-24-2013 12:23

Thanks for the welcome finally got some kind of response from Glokmeister----

OUR CALL/EMAIL VOLUME IS AT A RECORD HIGH

PLEASE:
Do not call us to check on the status of your order. Due to a sharp spike in demand, it is difficult for us to estimate shipping and backorder times. We are continuously increasing our production and receiving new stock daily. Items are shipping as soon as they become available. ALL ORDERS WILL BE CHARGED ONLY WHEN ITEMS ARE READY TO BE SHIPPED. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. The firearm industry is experiencing record high volumes. Glockmeister would like to thank all of our customers for their support and understanding as we strive to serve your needs at this challenging time.

ca survivor 01-24-2013 16:50

:welcome:

RPVG 01-24-2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBEAR92314 (Post 19905544)
Thanks for the welcome finally got some kind of response from Glokmeister----

OUR CALL/EMAIL VOLUME IS AT A RECORD HIGH

PLEASE:
Do not call us to check on the status of your order. Due to a sharp spike in demand, it is difficult for us to estimate shipping and backorder times. We are continuously increasing our production and receiving new stock daily. Items are shipping as soon as they become available. ALL ORDERS WILL BE CHARGED ONLY WHEN ITEMS ARE READY TO BE SHIPPED. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. The firearm industry is experiencing record high volumes. Glockmeister would like to thank all of our customers for their support and understanding as we strive to serve your needs at this challenging time.

Yeah. It's like that everywhere. Stopped by my LGS today and their shelves were bare.

bear62 01-24-2013 19:34

Welcome aboard from the Rocky Mts.........

oily_oink 02-17-2013 09:08

:welcome: From Michigan!

wdp 02-17-2013 09:09

Welcome from upstate, NY!