Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gun-Control Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Here it is guys AWB ban Thusday (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466730)

James Dean 01-22-2013 18:29

Here it is guys AWB ban Thusday

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz2IkCRmM3u

Joshhtn 01-22-2013 18:47

No chance of it going anywhere.

James Dean 01-22-2013 18:49

I hope your right. She may have jumped the gun with todays news
in Texas hopping it was worst than it really is

plainsman 01-22-2013 19:24

Keep telling yourself everythings fine.

Wacko members of congress present such legislation in dead seriousness, and nothing to worry about?

Gun owners are only going to lose one major battle, and our rights will be never be restored.
Can't happen here, ask anyone in New Orleans....

When are gunowners are going to get get some backbone?

We need to fund our gun organizations to win.

wingryder 01-22-2013 19:28

I would like to think that the AWB would die quickly, but after the Obamacare shenanigans, I don't put anything past these crooks. They shoved a massive unconstitutional tax increase through the both houses WITHOUT EVEN READING IT!!!

We are screwed.

BlownFiveLiter 01-22-2013 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingryder (Post 19899327)
I would like to think that the AWB would die quickly, but after the Obamacare shenanigans, I don't put anything past these crooks. They shoved a massive unconstitutional tax increase through the both houses WITHOUT EVEN READING IT!!!

We are screwed.

While I don't disagree about not trusting them, the democrats no longer control the House. It's basically dead on arrival.

wingryder 01-22-2013 20:41

We shall see. I hope you are right. But these cats tend to pull some outrageous stunts and the Right just stand around shrugging their shoulders wondering what happened. Look at the Fiscal Cliff, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, Algeria, EPA tactics, Clinton's amnesia... virtually no accountability with this guys.

Saberman 01-22-2013 21:07

I hate to say it but the Republicans have been ***** slapped at every turn. The Dems seem to be just better at politics. Sneaky, lying, do anything to pass what they want. I hope the GOP grows a pair, or we will all be done.

Michael Rye 01-22-2013 21:42

Not going anywhere. Dems in red states are feeling too much heat. They may pay lip service to it on camera, but will find some convenient reason not to vote for it.

There will be no AWB

There will be no asinine mag restriction either

WinterWizard 01-22-2013 21:54

I agree this isn't going anywhere. This is all posturing to say they tried and can save face for the next elections.

This will accomplish one thing, though: it will be stuck in legislation for months or more and cause desirable guns and ammunition to be unavailable due to panic buying. Criminals can't afford to pay $3000 for a used AR and it also helps the economy, as people are cool paying 300% of what these guns cost only months ago.

Like it or not, the demo-tards are owning this battle. And the battle is going to go on for months and years. Mark my words.

Also, didn't she already say she was going to introduce this a few weeks ago and didn't? Typical politician: say one thing, do another.

p01ic3m4n 01-22-2013 21:55

There is only a tiny handful of legislators who are willing to put their name on the vote. The rest of them know that a 'yes' vote would be a death warrant signature for their job. It won't make it to the floor, because none of them want to go down as having to vote one way or another.

wingryder 01-22-2013 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saberman (Post 19899717)
I hate to say it but the Republicans have been ***** slapped at every turn. The Dems seem to be just better at politics. Sneaky, lying, do anything to pass what they want. I hope the GOP grows a pair, or we will all be done.

It is hard for Republicans to get any traction when the entire MSM is eating out of Obama's hand! The Inauguration coverage is a classic example of that.

jonathangalt 01-22-2013 22:08

da ****? NFA status for all grandfathered "assualt weapons"? does that mean i have to pay $200 for a NFA stamp? jesus christ, what in the world is wrong with the boobs in DC?

SJ 40 01-23-2013 13:00

Sen. Harry Reid Pushes Ahead with Gun Control in the Senate.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/0...n-legislation/

SJ 40

Lord 01-23-2013 15:18

I saw a video on youtube where she's bragging about her last AWB, and how if she'd just had 51 of the votes in the Senate, she would have forced all americans (Mr and Mrs America) to march in and turn in their guns...

in fact I found the video...

check this B**** out

SJ 40 01-23-2013 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord (Post 19902350)
I saw a video on youtube where she's bragging about her last AWB, and how if she'd just had 51 of the votes in the Senate, she would have forced all americans (Mr and Mrs America) to march in and turn in their guns...

check this B**** out

Dianne Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube

Yet they want to convince American gun owners they only want reasonable compromise,Not! No Compromise,Shall Not Be Infringed! SJ 40

Glockdude1 01-23-2013 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshhtn (Post 19899145)
No chance of it going anywhere.

:agree:

scottyd2506 01-23-2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord (Post 19902350)

check this B**** out

Dianne Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube

All Americans except her security officers.

Where is her Hitler mustache?

HeliGlock 01-23-2013 21:22

:agree:

Jerry 01-23-2013 21:42

Ve half veys oft making you comply. Finestein! Imagine that! A Jew with a Nazi agenda. :whistling:

Annoyinglylongname 01-24-2013 12:02

I just watched the press release. The absolute nerve. Now Feinstein, a Jew, is enlisting the help of Christian groups to take sides on the issue.
Christians that support gun control have no business calling themselves Christian. I have very firm convictions on that. I think we all know what kind of Progressive Christian Churches support these measures. The Revisionist kinds.
Stand up for your rights, join the NRA and make sure your pastor, preacher, minister or rabbi or imam or yogi knows your stand.

oneuglygun 01-24-2013 12:31

It won't fly !! This crazy beeoutch needs to go ! Why don't they vote her out ? She's been carrying this bill in her purse for 20 years and adds a new page every week or two. The Republic of Californication needs to get her OUT !!!

Lord 01-24-2013 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuglygun (Post 19905797)
It won't fly !! This crazy beeoutch needs to go ! Why don't they vote her out ? She's been carrying this bill in her purse for 20 years and adds a new page every week or two. The Republic of Californication needs to get her OUT !!!

I wonder the same thing... why they don't just recall her like they did on the governor before the Schwartz took over

Glock30Eric 01-24-2013 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingryder (Post 19899630)
We shall see. I hope you are right. But these cats tend to pull some outrageous stunts and the Right just stand around shrugging their shoulders wondering what happened. Look at the Fiscal Cliff, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, Algeria, EPA tactics, Clinton's amnesia... virtually no accountability with this guys.

It is how the Rome Empire collapsed because of wide open corruption into the Govít system. The Roman senators had to kill their own Emperor because of that. If we use the history as an indicator where we are going into; then it looks pretty much likely. Anyone want to cast a betting on which senators will do the business with POTUS like the Roman senators did? Oh the DHS, FBI, CIA, etc is watching usÖ.. nevermind. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
America will live forever and ever!!! Long live Obama!!

oneuglygun 01-24-2013 12:49

I'm so tired of using reasonable logic with anti-gunners that I'm not doing it anymore. I'm just saying HELL NO !! I've had this hobby for 50some years and I intend to keep it ! I started when a box of 12 gauge shells was around $1.75 a box although it would knock me down to shoot it I never let that stop me !!