Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caliber Corner (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   .45 GAP prices. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466581)

shooter1234 01-22-2013 06:50

.45 GAP prices.
 
Ok, I just started buying .45 GAP here about a week ago, and am seeing prices for around 23 a box. I haven't been trolling for prices since after the whole "they're going to take it all away" scare here recently. Does anyone know what a box of standard brass cased plinking ammo used to be before this last round of shootings/scare?

Brucev 01-22-2013 07:17

In my area it was seldom that one saw .45 GAP ammo. When it was found, the price was always high... about like .357 Sig. ammo, maybe $27/50 for plain FMJ practice type ammo.

shooter1234 01-22-2013 12:09

I see. Anyone else? Interested in the online prices.

ADK_40GLKr 01-22-2013 15:20

Haven't been buying on line, but Win White Box at WallyWorld has been running about $33/50 .... or 0.66 per round.

With 230 gr bullets at about 20c, primers about 4c, and powder 3-4c, (all at local gun store) and pick-up brass I'd think you could reload for about half that once you've paid for a simple Lee press.

D4RWlN 01-23-2013 09:41

People say 45Gap is expensive but everytime I see it on the shelf it the same price as 45acp. Sometimes a buck or two higher and sometimes a buck or two lower. Same with 357sig.

SCmasterblaster 01-24-2013 19:01

.45 GAP is rare these days because the caliber is quite new.

ADK_40GLKr 01-24-2013 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster (Post 19907077)
.45 GAP is rare these days because the caliber is quite new.

When one gets as old as you & me :tongueout: 9 years don't seem a very long time.

"2004 Introduction of the G37 in .45 G.A.P.
2005 Introduction of the G38 & G39
2007 Introduction of the G21 SF (Short Frame)
2008 Introduction of the G30SF
2009 The Rough Textured Frame 2 (RTF2) is introduced
2010 The Gen4 GLOCKS arrive; the G22, G17, G19, G23"

Across the Lake in MY neck of the woods, the State Troopers use GAP and Wally World keeps some in stock for 'em.

Are ya keeping warm?

D4RWlN 01-24-2013 22:11

I have seen many Walmarts and LGS carry 45gap even when local LEOs didn't use it for duty. They never seem to carry a bunch of it but its there. It all depends on your region I guess.

cimpala 01-25-2013 16:44

Are there any other guns chambered in .45 G.A.P Glock other than the Glock

Sheepdog689 01-25-2013 16:50

How does Speer Lawman 200gr for $19.99 a box sound?

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/c-69-45-gap-ammo.aspx

They've got a lot of GAP in stock. I work near them and stopped in the other day. They've got pallets of ammo in their warehouse. There was at least one pallet of Gold Dot 45GAP on the floor plus the other GAP ammo.

CDW4ME 01-25-2013 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimpala (Post 19910579)
Are there any other guns chambered in .45 G.A.P Glock other than the Glock

Not in current production.

Recently, I sucked it up and paid $38 each for 50 round boxes of 45 GAP 230 gr. Winchester Ranger Bonded JHP.

tuica 01-26-2013 13:54

Yes.
 
This is my experience.
Quote:

Originally Posted by D4RWlN (Post 19900881)
People say 45Gap is expensive but everytime I see it on the shelf it the same price as 45acp. Sometimes a buck or two higher and sometimes a buck or two lower. Same with 357sig.


Drastic Plastic 01-27-2013 10:15

.45 GAP is scarce and the caliber is essentially dying off. Prices will continue to escalate, and then it will be just a reloaders cartridge. Biggest mistake Glock ever made.

Sheepdog689 01-27-2013 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drastic Plastic (Post 19917134)
.45 GAP is scarce and the caliber is essentially dying off. Prices will continue to escalate, and then it will be just a reloaders cartridge. Biggest mistake Glock ever made.

The OP was looking for prices on GAP, not trying to decide if he should buy one.

If you don't like the GAP and don't have one don't worry about it. Those of us that have them will take care of finding our ammo, which by the way, I've never had any trouble locating. There's plenty online and my local ammo supply has pallets of 45GAP.


There's a number of GAP owners on the forum and I have yet to hear any of them complaining about no ammo. In fact, while 9mm, 45ACP, .40 and .223 are drying up, I can still find GAP with no problem.

And in my opinion the biggest mistake Glock made was the 10mm, so what does that mean? Absolutely nothing...I don't own a 10mm, I'm not going to buy a 10mm so I have no need for 10mm ammo, just like you with 45GAP ammo.

D4RWlN 01-27-2013 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdog689 (Post 19917535)
The OP was looking for prices on GAP, not trying to decide if he should buy one.

If you don't like the GAP and don't have one don't worry about it. Those of us that have them will take care of finding our ammo, which by the way, I've never had any trouble locating. There's plenty online and my local ammo supply has pallets of 45GAP.


There's a number of GAP owners on the forum and I have yet to hear any of them complaining about no ammo. In fact, while 9mm, 45ACP, .40 and .223 are drying up, I can still find GAP with no problem.

And in my opinion the biggest mistake Glock made was the 10mm, so what does that mean? Absolutely nothing...I don't own a 10mm, I'm not going to buy a 10mm so I have no need for 10mm ammo, just like you with 45GAP ammo.

Agreed. It is relative to your regional. Some places have it on hand some don't. Nowadays, if you have an internet connection almost nothing is hard to get. Another huge point as you mentioned, for less popular calibers such as 45gap,357sig,10mm,etc is that when panic buying starts the popular calibers are usually gone in no time while the others still have a some available. I don't own a pistol chambered in GAP yet(I want a gen4 38) but I see it on shelves all the time and have priced it often enough to know that when people are saying to hard to get or expensive that they are just regurgitating bogus info. As the saying goes..."Haters gonna hate"

CDW4ME 01-28-2013 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drastic Plastic (Post 19917134)
.45 GAP is scarce and the caliber is essentially dying off. Prices will continue to escalate, and then it will be just a reloaders cartridge. Biggest mistake Glock ever made.

Actually, the price I paid for 45 GAP wasn't much different than a premium 40 S&W (which was also in stock).

Shooting the Glock 38 might convert folks from the 23 or 19.

I have a 29 SF too. :cool:

SCmasterblaster 01-29-2013 09:47

I agree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr (Post 19907325)
When one gets as old as you & me :tongueout: 9 years don't seem a very long time.

"2004 Introduction of the G37 in .45 G.A.P.
2005 Introduction of the G38 & G39
2007 Introduction of the G21 SF (Short Frame)
2008 Introduction of the G30SF
2009 The Rough Textured Frame 2 (RTF2) is introduced
2010 The Gen4 GLOCKS arrive; the G22, G17, G19, G23"

Across the Lake in MY neck of the woods, the State Troopers use GAP and Wally World keeps some in stock for 'em.

Are ya keeping warm?

I am 57 years young and staying warm here in VT.

ADK_40GLKr 01-29-2013 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster (Post 19925121)
I am 57 years young and staying warm here in VT.

OK, Sonny, that's what counts!:tongueout:

Slug71 01-30-2013 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimpala (Post 19910579)
Are there any other guns chambered in .45 G.A.P Glock other than the Glock

Im thinking it might get more popular now with NYS's new laws. The G39, XDs, G36, Kimber UC and Sig 220c are the only 45s that fit the bill now. G39 being the smallest of the bunch and cheapest.

SCmasterblaster 02-01-2013 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr (Post 19925331)
OK, Sonny, that's what counts!:tongueout:

We have actually had a mini heat wave here - raining in February.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.