Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   permanent shift that is irreversable (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466488)

G-34 01-21-2013 18:11

permanent shift that is irreversable
 
so i heard on the radio today that "the country has turned to the left/liberal"

and that the "tea party/republican/bitter white old men" type has had its last "gasp"

and that the country has seen the last of it and now its shifted left and liberal permanently and that its irreversable.


not sure how i feel about that statement other than that if it turned left it can turn around again and go right,

"permenently center left" i think is not possible or permanent in any direction is not possible,


what do yall think of that persons statements?:faint:

aircarver 01-21-2013 18:12

Wait'll the economy crashes ... :steamed:

.

G-34 01-21-2013 18:13

crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?

Bruce H 01-21-2013 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kswiss (Post 19895045)
crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?

When things go to hell the give me give me crowd generally doesn't fare too well. When they don't get it given to them and try to take it things get real ugly real fast.

Syclone538 01-21-2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kswiss (Post 19895045)
crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?

Well there is a difference. One is tax and spend, the other is don't tax, and spend anyway.

G-34 01-21-2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce H (Post 19895111)
When things go to hell the give me give me crowd generally doesn't fare too well. When they don't get it given to them and try to take it things get real ugly real fast.



like looting and stealing from other people?

are they not afraid of being shot?

i would NEVER even THINK of stealing from someone like that, a life may be taken for somethning that costs a few bucks:faint:

EOS 01-21-2013 19:21

Nothing is irreversable. I forsee Liberty will overcome Liberalism and Neoconservatism. Because the young people are waking up and are rejecting the Liberal indoctrination of colleges in huge numbers. When the economy gets bad, the ebt card wielding leeches will turn on their givers, and the ones who try to take, wont last long. The troops will have to be brought home and the Neoconservative wargame will be over.

I think the collapse will be blamed universally on both parties, as it should be. Mass Government spending is bad, no matter if its spent on Sheniqua's EBT card or invading another sandy hellhole to spread our version of "freedom" (yeah, right):upeyes:

Big government and Statism is dying, it is a slow death, the current Liberal sway is just Statism crawling in it's death bed. If your not a Statist, then you have reason to be optomistic.

muzzledown42 01-21-2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by kswiss (Post 19895033)
so i heard on the radio today that "the country has turned to the left/liberal"

and that the "tea party/republican/bitter white old men" type has had its last "gasp"

and that the country has seen the last of it and now its shifted left and liberal permanently and that its irreversable.


not sure how i feel about that statement other than that if it turned left it can turn around again and go right,

"permenently center left" i think is not possible or permanent in any direction is not possible,


what do yall think of that persons statements?:faint:

Nothing is irreversible in politics. However, the demographic trend lines are not going in favor of the GOP. Obama carried the Hispanic vote, the young vote, the women's vote, the Asian vote and, of course, the black vote by margins ranging from significant to huge. Republicans control the House right now only because of their surge in 2010 allowing them to gerrymander their way to majorities in localized elections. This is nothing new in terms of observation. It is likely the Democrats will win the next presidential election unless the GOP can begin the task of broadening its appeal. Immigration reform will probably be their first foray into such a broadening. Whether the GOP can become competitive in the female vote may hinge on whether it can dampen the ideological zeal of its anti-abortion base. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

QNman 01-21-2013 19:53

What do I think? That the author is a self-deluded leftist...

gilfo 01-21-2013 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzledown42 (Post 19895510)
Nothing is irreversible in politics. However, the demographic trend lines are not going in favor of the GOP. Obama carried the Hispanic vote, the young vote, the women's vote, the Asian vote and, of course, the black vote by margins ranging from significant to huge. Republicans control the House right now only because of their surge in 2010 allowing them to gerrymander their way to majorities in localized elections. This is nothing new in terms of observation. It is likely the Democrats will win the next presidential election unless the GOP can begin the task of broadening its appeal. Immigration reform will probably be their first foray into such a broadening. Whether the GOP can become competitive in the female vote may hinge on whether it can dampen the ideological zeal of its anti-abortion base. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

+1
If the GOP does not at least tolerate gays and womens rights they are doomed,

JBnTX 01-21-2013 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilfo (Post 19895628)

+1
If the GOP does not at least tolerate gays and womens rights they are doomed,

Why would you think they don't already do that?

EOS 01-21-2013 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19895698)
Why would you think they don't already do that?

The element of the party that picketts D.C with "being gay is a sin" signs every year. Womens rights generally mean abortion, which should be a state issue.

Syclone538 01-21-2013 21:07

10A

Marriage and abortion are both state issues.

steveksux 01-21-2013 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by kswiss (Post 19895033)
so i heard on the radio today that "the country has turned to the left/liberal"

and that the "tea party/republican/bitter white old men" type has had its last "gasp"

and that the country has seen the last of it and now its shifted left and liberal permanently and that its irreversable.


not sure how i feel about that statement other than that if it turned left it can turn around again and go right,

"permenently center left" i think is not possible or permanent in any direction is not possible,


what do yall think of that persons statements?:faint:

It's as true as the "permanent Republican majorities" turned out to be. Seem to remember something about that from Gingrich way back when, and again when GWB was in office.

Never underestimate the capability of either party to rally around and actually nominate an unpalatable candidate.

Biden in 2016? Clinton? They better find someone else waiting in the wings if they want to make it a three-peat.

Randy

JohnLew 01-21-2013 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveksux (Post 19896300)
It's as true as the "permanent Republican majorities" turned out to be. Seem to remember something about that from Gingrich way back when, and again when GWB was in office.

Never underestimate the capability of either party to rally around and actually nominate an unpalatable candidate.

Biden in 2016? Clinton? They better find someone else waiting in the wings if they want to make it a three-peat.

Randy

They already have the someone else waiting in the wings and he's sharpening his Liberal resume with gun control - Andrew Cuomo.

TxGun 01-22-2013 00:28

When Bill Clinton won the second time, dems said it was a signal they would "control the WH for decades to come". That prediction didn't work out, neither will the one you heard on the radio.

cesaros 01-22-2013 02:11

No such thing as a permanent shift in politics.

Remember...Liberals used to be the ones fighting for individual rights. Now its the Right who is fighting.

Politics and political parties go in a cycle

Fred Hansen 01-22-2013 02:42

Mr. John Galt... paging Mr. John Galt...

Calhoun123 01-22-2013 04:56

Demographics are close to turning Texas, Florida, and Ohio solidly blue. Republicans/conservatives MAY have one last gasp unless something major happens to change things.

Lowjiber 01-22-2013 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Hansen (Post 19896499)
Mr. John Galt... paging Mr. John Galt...

:rofl::zipmouth:

Brucev 01-22-2013 06:04

Re: OP. What you heard was the sound of liberals opening their mouths and chanting their mantras. Want proof? Just watch and see how the so-called moderate demokrats elected from otherwise conservative districts/states deal with the efforts of the squatter and his fellow domestic terrorists to destroy the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms... all in the name of the children. The squatter and his crew know they'll not be able to get any significant legislation passed. That's exactly why he went the route of his little eo's... b/c he hasn't the hope of a snow ball in kenya of actually getting these moderate demokrats from conservative districts/states to support his far left-wing agenda. They want to get re-elected. They don't want to be out of a job.

ithaca_deerslayer 01-22-2013 06:11

Sometimes left and right aren't useful in a discussion, because it blocks out identifying issues of importance.

But if a people has to fight against a dictator, they will realize how important civilian ownership of guns is.

___________
I joined the NRA, have you yet?

The Machinist 01-22-2013 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by kswiss (Post 19895045)
crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?

When the SHTF, the cream will rise to the top. Liberals are selfish, immoral, and lazy creatures. They won't fare too well when fortunes take a turn for the worse.

G-34 01-22-2013 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Machinist (Post 19896717)
When the SHTF, the cream will rise to the top. Liberals are selfish, immoral, and lazy creatures. They won't fare too well when fortunes take a turn for the worse.



good post man, thanks for that. it made me a little more optimistic:cool::wavey:

jeanderson 01-22-2013 06:49

I think the shift to the left is irreversible. The left will continue to be voted in with greater margins because there are more takers than makers. And the left will continue to tell the takers that there’s nothing wrong with that and we’ll help you to continue receiving your checks.

Eventually, of course, the government will collapse into bankruptcy as they run out of "other people's money". There will be anarchy and rioting when the checks finally stop coming in for the takers. What rises from this calamity is anyone’s guess.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.