Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caliber Corner (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Widener's has IMI in stock (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466438)

frostamp 01-21-2013 15:42

Widener's has IMI in stock

just a heads up

Widener's has M193C & M855C in stock.

No Quarter 01-21-2013 16:19

and at .47/round the price is bearable!

WinterWizard 01-21-2013 16:23

If only I had $600...

Gunny Lingus 01-21-2013 16:46

They seem to be about the only seller that regularly sells IMI. I'm on their email list and they have been advertising IMI for a long time.

This price isn't too high, considering it's 1200 rounds. IIRC, it was just under $400 before the election.

WoodenPlank 01-21-2013 16:53

...website is down. It's online, but unresponsive. Either they are having technical difficulties, or the website is getting hammered right now.

Gunny Lingus 01-21-2013 16:56

I looked at the website just before I posted, so I suspect that any mention anywhere of ammo being available ends up being like a DOS attack. :rofl:

WoodenPlank 01-21-2013 17:01

They need to restart their proxy server.

dkf 01-21-2013 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodenPlank (Post 19894330)
...website is down. It's online, but unresponsive. Either they are having technical difficulties, or the website is getting hammered right now.

AIM surplus is down too. Right after I got an e-mail they had uppers in stock. Luckily I am not looking for an upper right now.

danattherock 01-21-2013 20:54

I went to the site and tried to register which had to be done prior to ordering. When I did, it was advertisements for best buy and education.org, saying my participation was mandatory. At the bottom, it tells me I am giving electronic permission for junk emails and phone call solicitation. Surely this is not required to do business with Widener's? If so, I will do without. If others have not had this experience (or have), I would be eager to hear. Emailed Widener's, but with things the way they are, I doubt I will get a timely reply. Wanted some ammo, but won't sign up for junk emails and telemarketers to do it.

boomhower 01-21-2013 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by danattherock (Post 19895537)
I went to the site and tried to register which had to be done prior to ordering. When I did, it was advertisements for best buy and education.org, saying my participation was mandatory. At the bottom, it tells me I am giving electronic permission for junk emails and phone call solicitation. Surely this is not required to do business with Widener's? If so, I will do without. If others have not had this experience (or have), I would be eager to hear. Emailed Widener's, but with things the way they are, I doubt I will get a timely reply. Wanted some ammo, but won't sign up for junk emails and telemarketers to do it.

I signed up a year or so ago and there wasn't any of that crap. Sounds like they got hacked or you got a phishing site.

danattherock 01-21-2013 21:23

Hell, their website won't even open up now. I went back in to check and see if the same mandatory advertisement crap would pop up when I tried to register.

Ruggles 01-21-2013 21:23

I agree. Bought a ton of 5.7x28mm from them in the past and they are a good company. Sounds like they have been hacked. They are on the up and up.

Gunny Lingus 01-21-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by danattherock (Post 19895537)

I've been a customer for years. The only emails I ever get are about sales. They've never called me.

danattherock 01-21-2013 21:30

Guess they got hacked. In order to register on the site (required to make a purchase) I was being forced to sign up for junk mail from iPhone, Best Buy, Education.org, etc.. Now the site won't even open at all. I sent an email, doubt I will get a reply before they are sold out of 5.56 though. Ha ha... I need a case of ammo badly. Got two brand new Barnes Precision AR-15's. Mounted Burris Signature 6-24 on one, and Eotech on the other today. Need ammo.

samuse 01-21-2013 21:48

I like that IMI stuff, been buying from Wideners for a couple of years.

I went ahead and snagged a couple of cases just to get in on some of the panic buying! That oughta be my 5.56 purchase for 2013...

No Quarter 01-21-2013 22:05

Right before I posted earlier, I was able to register and order 1200 rounds of the 855 stuff. No problems and promptly received and email confirmation of my order.

It would not surprise me if some 99 week unemployment ****tards are screwing around with legitimate ecommerce sites to levy their own versoin of gun control on us.

cowboy1964 01-21-2013 22:23

Site not responding at all as of now (11:23pm EST).

StevenBiggs 01-22-2013 20:44

Those didn't last long. I had the 'Notify when available' selected several weeks ago; i guess there were far more people trying to buy than they had available.

SCmasterblaster 01-24-2013 19:05

I wonder if it is possible to cripple an ammo website by too many shoppers trying to get onto the site?