Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   State police identify weapons used in sandy hook investigation (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465954)

RussP 01-19-2013 14:07

State police identify weapons used in sandy hook investigation

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&A=4226

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2013

** UPDATE **

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;

INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.

Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

For those wishing to challenge or correct or call bull **** on the content of the press release, here is the email for the agency: DESPP.Feedback@ct.gov.

I am certain they will appreciate your input.

WT 01-19-2013 14:20

Good posting.

Thanks Russ.

Gallium 01-19-2013 14:37

I have dibs on those Bushmaster clips! - Irresputible proof this was not actually from an actual LE agency.:supergrin:

Nice try Russ!! Did they stage the moon landing in yer back yard??? huh? huh?

Signed,
PW

Glockdude1 01-19-2013 14:44

Why would the Bushmaster be mentioned with the "high capacity 30 round clips" and nothing about the pistols or shotgun magazines????

Something fishy here......

Dragoon44 01-19-2013 14:48

But what weapons did the shooter on the grassy knoll have?

:wavey:

caponec2 01-19-2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallium (Post 19885832)
I have dibs on those Bushmaster clips! - Irresputible proof this was not actually from an actual LE agency.:supergrin:

Signed,
PW

umm did you click the link? its directly quoted from the ct.gov website...

czsmithGT 01-19-2013 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockdude1 (Post 19885852)

Oh gee, not this crap again.
:tinfoil:

Dan88Iroc 01-19-2013 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockdude1 (Post 19885852)
Why would the Bushmaster be mentioned with the "high capacity 30 round clips" and nothing about the pistols or shotgun magazines????

So they can demonize those evil "high capacity clips."

RussP 01-19-2013 14:53

Quote:

Signed,
PW

Did you go to the website, or are you just talking to hear yourself.

GunHo198 01-19-2013 14:59

Strange... I don't consider 30 rounds High capacity... Am I Nutz?

RussP 01-19-2013 15:00

Quote:

No, they did not. When I talked with Neil Armstrong in December of 1969, he described the location to me in detail. He also told me...well, that you wouldn't believe either.

JimBean 01-19-2013 15:01

What is the story behind the Saiga 12 shotgun left in the trunk? I guess we won't know until the made for TV movie is released.

RussP 01-19-2013 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBean (Post 19885928)
What is the story behind the Saiga 12 shotgun left in the trunk? I guess we won't know until the made for TV movie is released.

That is the Izhmash Canta-12 on the list.

GD2J 01-19-2013 15:10

Quote:

Signed,
PW

"Signed, PW" indeed. :rofl:

EdTracker 01-19-2013 15:11

Using "slang" descriptions in an official police statement does not bode well for the department or their professionalism.

Patchman 01-19-2013 15:22

I believe the initial news report reported they removed a AR rifle from the car trunk. Now they're claiming it was a Canta-Can'tbe shotgun or something?

Is there a record that either the mother, or the shooter, purchased such a weapon?

I smell conspiracy!!!

wjv 01-19-2013 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon44 (Post 19885870)

I used a Marlin .22 Magnum bolt action with bullet made from ice. . .

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

SPIN2010 01-19-2013 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon44 (Post 19885870)

One that worked. Q.E.D.

skorper 01-19-2013 15:24

"Clips"? Really? Who wrote that?

I am also extremely surprised with the descriptors they used. "High capacity 30 round clips"? Someone is injecting their personal opinion there. NOT a good thing when it will be headed to court. Thirty round magazines are STANDARD for any AR type rifle. MAYBE if there was a 40 rounder the "high capacity" bullcrap might apply, and that's big maybe. It says "clips" in the plural when there is no mention of the number. Not a good idea for a press release.

harlenm 01-19-2013 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by skorper (Post 19886005)
"Clips"? Really? Who wrote that?

I am also extremely surprised with the descriptors they used. "High capacity 30 round clips"? Someone is injecting their personal opinion there. NOT a good thing when it will be headed to court. Thirty round magazines are STANDARD for any AR type rifle. MAYBE if there was a 40 rounder the "high capacity" bullcrap might apply, and that's big maybe. It says "clips" in the plural when there is no mention of the number. Not a good idea for a press release.

We should email the state police and complain then.

DESPP.Feedback@ct.gov

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

kiole 01-19-2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchman (Post 19886000)
I believe the initial news report reported they removed a AR rifle from the car trunk. Now they're claiming it was a Canta-Can'tbe shotgun or something?

Is there a record that either the mother, or the shooter, purchased such a weapon?

I smell conspiracy!!!

They removed a Saiga 12 guage AK style shotgun which is manufactored by Izhmash with what appeared to be a 10 round surefire or promag magazine.
The news reporters screwed it up as they did every detail in the first few hours attempting to get the body count on screen first.

RussP 01-19-2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchman (Post 19886000)

I smell conspiracy!!!

We know all you say is true, cause we learnt it on the interweb from experts with no experience. :wavey:

Patchman 01-19-2013 15:32

Quote:

Signed,
PW

I remember seeing the moon landing as it happened. Here's something to consider:

The video was in black and white. How conveniently convenient to hide details they didn't want you to see.

Also, I noticed the background was very similar to a particular patch of Libyan desert... Then the following year Libya became inaccessable to the rest of the world until this year (43 years later)...

RussP 01-19-2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchman (Post 19886027)
I remember seeing the moon landing as it happened. Here's something to consider:

The video was in black and white. How conveniently convenient to hide details they didn't want you to see.

Also, I noticed the background was very similar to a particular patch of Libyan desert... Then the following year Libya became inaccessable to the rest of the world until this year (43 years later)...

Nope, not what Neil described to me, not at all. :cool:

kiole 01-19-2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchman (Post 19886027)

http://gizmodo.com/5977205/why-the-m...finitive-proof