Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Gen4 G20 and G29 up on the Glock website (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464732)

chucky2 01-15-2013 01:38

Gen4 G20 and G29 up on the Glock website
 
Happend to be on the Glock website tonight, saw that they'd updated the 10mm page to include the Gen4 G20 and G29:

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g29gen4

Curious:

I noticed that the following measurements are different between the Gen3 G20/G20SF and Gen4 G20 (did not check out the G29 as not interested in that):

Length: 209mm, 204mm, 193mm (Gen3, Gen3SF, Gen4)

Width: In mm, same. In inches, Gen4 is .01 inches wider.

Barrel Height: 32mm, 32mm, 20mm (Gen3, Gen3SF, Gen4). I wonder if 20mm is a typo and should be 30mm, or if that is for real? I know almost nothing about firearm design, but, that seems like a significant unpublished change.

Barrel Length: In mm, same. In inches, Gen4 is .01 inches longer. Given the width change above, I wonder if this is an errata on the Gen4, or, was errata on the Gen3s and they corrected on the Gen4.

Unloaded Weight: 785g, 780g, 780g (Gen3, Gen3SF, Gen4).

That's it...just thought some was interesting.

Chuck

wvtarheel 01-16-2013 05:54

the barrel height must be wrong. 30mm to 20mm, that is a reduction of 33% - I would be highly surprised if glock figured out a magical way to reduce the barrel size by that much and still have it fire a 10mm round.... if they did you would hear all about it. That is a typo.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

chucky2 01-17-2013 12:24

That's what I'm thinking. I think I'll give Glock US a call today and let them know. Doesn't really matter to me (I'm getting a Gen4 G20) but it's nice when specs are accurate. I wonder if it was a finger flub or a mental flub, seeing as they're on the 20 page maybe they put in 20 mentally. Who knows...

21Glock 01-18-2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky2 (Post 19876620)
That's what I'm thinking. I think I'll give Glock US a call today and let them know. Doesn't really matter to me (I'm getting a Gen4 G20) but it's nice when specs are accurate. I wonder if it was a finger flub or a mental flub, seeing as they're on the 20 page maybe they put in 20 mentally. Who knows...


You'll love the Gen 4 20. I've had mine since mid June. Great gun! I reload for mine and use home grown cast bullets as well in a 6" KKM barrel.
I just got some gas checks in that I will use in my hotter loads.
Looking to take a deer with it in the 2013 season.

chucky2 01-18-2013 14:52

Right now I'm waiting on my GSSF 2 year individual membership to get here. They charged me on Jan 7th and there is still nothing here (nothing in mail today either). I called before I registered and the guy I talked to (nice guy) said usually around 2 - 4 weeks. So I guess on average I'm at the halfway point this Monday...but man, it's killing me! Haha :)

I can't even go to GAT here to order the thing (I really doubt with the sales going like they are now, that they'll have on available) until I get the certificate that comes with the GSSF stuff. Grrrr....

21Glock 01-18-2013 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky2 (Post 19881540)
Right now I'm waiting on my GSSF 2 year individual membership to get here. They charged me on Jan 7th and there is still nothing here (nothing in mail today either). I called before I registered and the guy I talked to (nice guy) said usually around 2 - 4 weeks. So I guess on average I'm at the halfway point this Monday...but man, it's killing me! Haha :)

I can't even go to GAT here to order the thing (I really doubt with the sales going like they are now, that they'll have on available) until I get the certificate that comes with the GSSF stuff. Grrrr....

I had a real quick turn around time on my GSSF Coupon. For the 2013 coupon from the time I e-mailed my info. to them at Glock HQ in Smyrna to getting it in the mail, 5-6 days.
Of course, I'm here in the ATL area, that helps too. ( I signed up in 2011 for two years)
I used my 2012 coupon to get my Gen 4 20 back in June, my 2013 coupon to get a new Gen 4 21 a few weeks ago. Both from Ed's Public Safety here in Ga.

I'm so thankful I don't live in NY or Calif. Both states are traitors to the 2nd Amendment.


Love my Glocks :))))))

chucky2 01-18-2013 15:47

Well, it would not surprise me in the least to find some backroom deal uncovered here in Illinoisistan where firearm related mail was "misplaced" or something like that...who knows. Unfortunately Chicagostan has large influence in Illinoisistan, and worse yet, I'm in a suburb of Chicagostan and worse still, in the same county.

Prior to the insane NY legislation, I would have said at least things can't get much worse here, but, now I'll just keep my mouth shut on that...apperantly, they can always get worse... :scared::crazy:

Chuck

Taterhead 01-18-2013 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21Glock (Post 19881594)
...

I'm so thankful I don't live in NY or Calif. Both states are traitors to the 2nd Amendment.


...

No doubt. I bought a gen 4 Glock last month. Walked in, presented my CWL, completed 4473 (no NICS call in Idaho for holders of a CWL), paid the bill, and off I went.

It took about 10 minutes. As it should be.

Mountain10mm 01-25-2013 19:12

Besides the interchangeable grip on the Gen 4, what else changed from the G20 SF? Does the Gen 4 have the newer compound recoil spring? The bigger magazine release button?

Thanks.

GRT45 01-25-2013 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain10mm (Post 19911197)
Besides the interchangeable grip on the Gen 4, what else changed from the G20 SF? Does the Gen 4 have the newer compound recoil spring? The bigger magazine release button?

Thanks.

The Gen4 G20 has a dual recoil spring for the first time in the G20, and the more aggressive Gen4 grip texture, larger mag release (reversible) and the backstrap adapters. With no backstrap adapter installed, the G20 Gen4 grip has essentially the same dimensions as the Gen3 G20SF. Others have reported that the Gen4 G20 "feels" smaller than the G20SF in the hand, likely due to the uniform grip texture around the entire circumference of the grip.

Below is a good video review by GT member plouffedaddy and his related GT thread: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427691


MarineHawk 01-30-2013 08:42

That link above (http://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4) works for me, but (a minor point) I can't figure out otherwise how to get there. Whenever I go to the Glock site, then "Pistols," then 10MM / G20, it takes me here: http://us.glock.com/products/model/g20

More importantly for me:

I have a G20SF with a 6-inch KKM barrel that shoots terrific. I have countless 40 S&W pistols, but am really liking the G20SF for its added power (e.g., BB 180gr JHP rounds, etc...) along with the fact that it doesn't recoil a lot to me, and it holds an almost-infinite # of rounds in a single mag. It's ideal for me for a need-a pistol-to-get-to my-rifle home defense gun. As far as handguns go, I can't think of anything better in the home than a controllable 10mm shooting 180gr bullet at about 1,400 fps out of a 6" barrel. And a 200gr HC FN at around 1,200 fps is almost literally ideal for long adventures in the remote woods (at the very least in the lower 48) when you might encounter anything from bad people to angry bears.

So, I'm going o get another G20, and i guess I might as well get a Gen4.

Question: I have both a 6" and 4.6" KKM barrel for my Gen3 G20SF. Will they both fit and work properly on the new Gen4 G20? Or do I need to get new barrels for that one? I was thinking of putting the 6" KKM on the new one, and putting the 4.6" barrel on the old one.

Will my G20SF Gen3 15-rd mags fit the Gen4 G20?

Thanks in advance for any information.

chucky2 01-31-2013 10:02

I have on order a normal length 10mm->.40 KKM conversion barrel, and had that exact same question: Would it work in a Gen4 G20? I called KKM and the nice guy I talked to on the phone there told me that Yes, the .40 conversion barrel they have will work fine in a Gen4 G20. I did not ask about a 6" barrel as that's not what I was looking for.

I'd say give them a call to confirm, but, at least the stock length .40 conversion should be a drop in.

As far as the mags, what I've read is that the older mags will work OK, but I thought there was some qualifier attached to that like, the ambi mag release or something won't work in left hand mode. I'd say to research that some more, or, contact Glock.

EDIT: As far as getting to where I found the Gen4 10mm, just go to the main Glock US page, and click on Products. Then, on the next page you end up at (the Product page), click on Hunting. Should load right up for you.

Chuck

MarineHawk 01-31-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky2 (Post 19933049)
I have on order a normal length 10mm->.40 KKM conversion barrel, and had that exact same question: Would it work in a Gen4 G20? I called KKM and the nice guy I talked to on the phone there told me that Yes, the .40 conversion barrel they have will work fine in a Gen4 G20. I did not ask about a 6" barrel as that's not what I was looking for.

I'd say give them a call to confirm, but, at least the stock length .40 conversion should be a drop in.

As far as the mags, what I've read is that the older mags will work OK, but I thought there was some qualifier attached to that like, the ambi mag release or something won't work in left hand mode. I'd say to research that some more, or, contact Glock.

EDIT: As far as getting to where I found the Gen4 10mm, just go to the main Glock US page, and click on Products. Then, on the next page you end up at (the Product page), click on Hunting. Should load right up for you.

Chuck

Thanks for the info Chuck. I'll call KKM to confirm about the barrels.

6-b-kwik 01-31-2013 16:17

guess a 29 is in my future!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.