Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GSSF (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Goodbye Fulton GSSF Match (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464722)

9mmdude 01-14-2013 23:46

Goodbye Fulton GSSF Match
 
How do you get around a magazine limit of 7 rounds? This isn't about duck hunting people. This is about control of the masses by the progressive left. It is starting.........................Wake up all.

DannyR 01-15-2013 02:14

I guess that in NY every string will be a 7 shot string, just like Major Subcompact, so Hello Fulton.:upeyes:

lethal tupperwa 01-15-2013 07:42

where will you get 7 round mags

would that mean only a g36 is legal?

DannyR 01-15-2013 07:52

G36 = 6+1
G39 = 6+1
:wavey::wavey::wavey:

GlockerJeff 01-15-2013 09:12

I hate when when someone says, oh well, we will just shoot 6+1

TSAX 01-15-2013 09:31

In others states that have mag restrictions but they buy a gun that dosent current make a 10 round mag like the XDM, they have them blocked or customed into a 10 round mag by placing a block at the bottom of the mag so when you try to load pasta certain point it stops it. Here is a pic of a Magpul 10 round limiter. Now in some states the modification has to be permanent so thats usually where some gunsmithing comes into play.

http://www.magpul.com/assets/images/...281_PDE_02.jpg






:50cal:

9mmdude 01-15-2013 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyR (Post 19866050)
G36 = 6+1
G39 = 6+1
:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Pure ^~},#~?

MajorD 01-15-2013 10:52

Yes it looks like we will be screwed in ny. I hope if this all comes to pass gssf will support us with still holding the match with a one round per paper target format

byf43 01-15-2013 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAX (Post 19866386)
In others states that have mag restrictions but they buy a gun that dosent current make a 10 round mag like the XDM, they have them blocked or customed into a 10 round mag by placing a block at the bottom of the mag so when you try to load pasta certain point it stops it. Here is a pic of a Magpul 10 round limiter. Now in some states the modification has to be permanent so thats usually where some gunsmithing comes into play.
http://www.magpul.com/assets/images/...281_PDE_02.jpg






:50cal:


After inserting the 'block', pop-rivet the floorplate to the block.
(That' what Colt did to convert 20 round magazines to 10 round magazines.)

ron59 01-15-2013 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorD (Post 19866678)
Yes it looks like we will be screwed in ny. I hope if this all comes to pass gssf will support us with still holding the match with a one round per paper target format

Maybe I'm just a curmedgeon, but I don't see that happening.

9mmdude 01-15-2013 15:09

Truly a sad day in America. You get what you vote for and 53 million people truly are sheep.

ImpeachObama 01-15-2013 15:33

This was largely NYC politicians led by a egotistical Gov who wants to be President. I can hear him brag now, how he changed the law in 30 days from the Sandy Brook event. If each representative voted based on what the majority told them to do by letter, email, or phone, this wouldn't have happened.
But they passed their agenda on anyway.

I wish we could ban politicians. And as for Gov Homo, we should ban his little muscle car collection, because they are just a waste and are a hazard to NY state. Then Andy would get the point on this one.

ron59 01-15-2013 16:58

I did read on another forum, that LEGITIMATE COMPETITIONS would be exempted and shooters would be allowed to use 10 round magazines?

They are grandfathering in 10 round magazines for household use, they just can only be loaded to 7 rounds. This exemption makes sense as well.

It's very possible that GSSF will fall under the umbrella of that and all will be okay. Let's hope so.

ithaca_deerslayer 01-15-2013 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron59 (Post 19868186)
I did read on another forum, that LEGITIMATE COMPETITIONS would be exempted and shooters would be allowed to use 10 round magazines?

They are grandfathering in 10 round magazines for household use, they just can only be loaded to 7 rounds. This exemption makes sense as well.

It's very possible that GSSF will fall under the umbrella of that and all will be okay. Let's hope so.

Murky, the laws are. There is an exemption for certain kinds of competitions. If GSSF isn't under the NRA umbrella, there may be a problem. Bringing the new high cap 10-round mags into the state may also be a problem for competitors.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but there'd have to be some research and approval sought first.

The anti-gunners and sone of their paid police will be out for blood.

youngann 01-16-2013 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer (Post 19868217)
Murky, tbe laws are. There is an exemption for certain kinds of competitions.

The problem with the current exemptions is that you're covered whilst at a competition and while driving to and from a competition. From what I understand, you're not covered if you break your trip for any reason, e.g. staying overnight.

Most of the matches we go to require at least one overnight stay.

ithaca_deerslayer 01-16-2013 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngann (Post 19870799)
The problem with the current exemptions is that you're covered whilst at a competition and while driving to and from a competition. From what I understand, you're not covered if you break your trip for any reason, e.g. staying overnight.

Most of the matches we go to require at least one overnight stay.

The whole slew of anti-gun laws are a problem and are unconstitutional nonsense from tyrrants.

9mmdude 01-16-2013 11:15

It is okay Democrats our are friends. I only heard that enough to make me sick. Wait this isn't a political forum unless you agree with what is written.

ithaca_deerslayer 01-16-2013 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9mmdude (Post 19871536)
It is okay Democrats our are friends. I only heard that enough to make me sick. Wait this isn't a political forum unless you agree with what is written.

This anti-gun scurge is larger than the Democrat vs Republican. The Republicans could have stopped it in the senate, but only 18 of them decided to be patriots. The rest are traitors.

DannyR 01-16-2013 13:09

Correct. This is not a political forum! If you wish to discuss possible options for shooting the Fulton match, fine. Keep politics out of this forum.

mustang6112 01-16-2013 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyR (Post 19866050)
G36 = 6+1
G39 = 6+1
:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Glad I have both,
although I still don't plan on taking the trip to the communist state of NY


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.