Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Assault magazine" (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464205)

elliotb33 01-13-2013 02:17

"Assault magazine"

Lol on CNN some lady Jan something from CHI just said why do you need high power military assault rifles with assault magazines that shot 100 rounds in a short time. She said it again a bit later. First time I heard of an "assault magazine". Hey Jan whatever how's your gun laws in CHI? Now how many gun murders do you have per year? O yea. Stfu lady.

dukeguy 01-13-2013 02:27

A couple of days ago I heard someone say, "Who really needs high capacity ammunition?" Maybe the "high capacity ammunition" goes in an "assault magazine."

HerrGlock 01-13-2013 02:28

At a gun show where a dozen or so people were protesting, one of the protesters got all huffy when she said, "We need to ban high velocity clips" and people started laughing at her.

elliotb33 01-13-2013 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeguy (Post 19856470)
A couple of days ago I heard someone say, "Who really needs high capacity ammunition?" Maybe the "high capacity ammunition" goes in an "assault magazine."

Hahahaha, that one is even better :rofl: :rofl:

G23c 01-13-2013 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrGlock (Post 19856472)
At a gun show where a dozen or so people were protesting, one of the protesters got all huffy when she said, "We need to ban high velocity clips" and people started laughing at her.

go all the way, "high velocity assault clips"

G23c 01-13-2013 04:54

discusting "HVAC"

exmdshooter 01-13-2013 05:12

I suppose when your hundred round Beta mag jams you could take it out of the rifle and hit someone over the head with it... those things are heavy. That would make it an assault magazine, right?

As for high velocity assault clips... I've always found that my 7.62 and 5.56 strippers are too light to throw very fast or far.

You gotta love the media morons stringing a bunch of (meaningless) scary sounding terms together to create fear and hysteria.

We laugh, but these sorts of clueless morons are the same caliber of folks we have in congress drafting the laws we have to live under. Kinda takes the humor out of it for me...

klt1986 01-13-2013 05:48

I heard a commentator one night explaining that your typical assault rifle has a carry handle, folding stock, and flash suppressor.......making these rifles......extra lethal.

happyguy 01-13-2013 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by klt1986 (Post 19856635)
I heard a commentator one night explaining that your typical assault rifle has a carry handle, folding stock, and flash suppressor.......making these rifles......extra lethal.

Actually it just makes them extra heavy.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

GLWyandotte 01-13-2013 11:47

Hustler would fit the definition of assault magazine- at least it was for in me high school.

happyguy 01-13-2013 11:59

This is a salt magazine.

http://www.indiamart.com/salts-spice...magazines.html

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

shotgunred 01-13-2013 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLWyandotte (Post 19857836)
Hustler would fit the definition of assault magazine- at least it was for in me high school.

Note to self... Don't read glock while drinking coffee.
Note to GLWyandotte.... do you have any idea how much it hurts when you blow coffee through your nose when laughing to hard.

oldman11 01-13-2013 12:15

I've been using guns for a long time and have never had a magazine assault me. Oops, forgot one. Ex wife slapped me in the butt with a Golf Magazine. :rofl:

Carrys 01-13-2013 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliotb33 (Post 19856461)
Lol on CNN some lady Jan something from CHI just said why do you need high power military assault rifles with assault magazines that shot 100 rounds in a short time. She said it again a bit later. First time I heard of an "assault magazine". Hey Jan whatever how's your gun laws in CHI? Now how many gun murders do you have per year? O yea. Stfu lady.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeguy (Post 19856470)

I have to tell you, I don't much care for one person telling me that what I want is wrong and what they want is right. That I shouldn't be allowed to have what I want, especially if it's something they don't want me to have.

When did it become right for one person to tell another what they need/want? When the soft core nammby pammby left started trying to have their own way me thinks.

They'll be happy. Just one small bit at a time me thinks, pretty soon........they'll have exactly what they want. Everything their own way.

PAGunner 01-13-2013 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrGlock (Post 19856472)

I just read this post to my father, you have no idea how hard we both just laughed! I can only imagine the laughter there must have been at the gunshow at these idiots! Lol

bug 01-13-2013 14:09

Local paper around here used the term Especially Deadly ammunition :faint:
that's what you put in assault mags...

sum-dum-guy 01-13-2013 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by exmdshooter (Post 19856592)
I suppose when your hundred round Beta mag jams you could take it out of the rifle and hit someone over the head with it... those things are heavy. That would make it an assault magazine, right?

As for high velocity assault clips... I've always found that my 7.62 and 5.56 strippers are too light to throw very fast or far.

You gotta love the media morons stringing a bunch of (meaningless) scary sounding terms together to create fear and hysteria.

We laugh, but these sorts of clueless morons are the same caliber of folks we have in congress drafting the laws we have to live under. Kinda takes the humor out of it for me...

Sadly, they are also the same people that have been encouraged to vote

joerockhead 01-13-2013 14:39

When I was a Kid we used to get assulted with magazines all the time....
One whack to the butt with a National geographics and I knew not to do that again...

Harper 01-13-2013 15:26

I've heard assault clips before. I think we should start calling them liberty magazines.

wjv 01-13-2013 15:34

I define an Assault Magazine as: Time, Newsweek, Salon. . . .