Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Chicago's top cop again calls for more gun laws (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464119)

HerrGlock 01-12-2013 17:23

Chicago's top cop again calls for more gun laws

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2220583.story

Dragoon44 01-12-2013 17:41

Another "Top cop" that is nothing more than a talking head for his political masters.

Fox 01-12-2013 17:43

Just another politician.

Restless28 01-12-2013 18:11

In guessing the gangbangers won't get the message.

Big city chief=big city politician.

HerrGlock 01-12-2013 18:29

I love this one:

Quote:

“Just because it’s 49 to one doesn’t mean that Illinois is wrong,” McCarthy said.

ysr_racer 01-12-2013 18:37

****** bag says what?

Baba Louie 01-12-2013 18:51

If only the rest of the US had adopted Chicago's ban on all guns we'd have similar results in our crime levels dropping to uh, Zero? Why I understand that for the past few years Chicago has not made the Top Ten Deadliest Cities nor that the FBI even mentions Chicago or Cook County as having even one violent crime committed there in the annual DOJ Crime Stats.

WHAT? The FBI won't use Chicago's crime stats because they are cooked? No way! I am shocked! Here I thought it was a paragon of love and unicorn farts, honest govt officials and cronies happy to help out their constituients and beloved tourists, no guns and thus, no crime. That's some fine police work you do Mr. Chief Top 2nd City Copper... Sir.

Golly Gee Whiz. Now I just dont know WHAT or WHO to believe. :upeyes: :whistling:

Snaps 01-12-2013 18:54

so what did he accomplish to make him the top cop? Did he lead the city in violent crime arrests? Drug busts? Or did he get a political appointment and really have nothing useful to offer in any way?

bobtheelf 01-12-2013 18:59

So much being spewed in that article that's just flat out wrong.:faint:

Beanie-Bean 01-12-2013 19:24

“Just because it’s 49 to one doesn’t mean that Illinois is wrong,” McCarthy said.

He's absolutely right--it's not wrong, it's f'ing wrong!

I was born in Chicago, and still have a lot of family on both sides there, and I really feel sorry for the crap they've got to put up with. My wife and I had a choice whether or not to return after I finished up my service in the Navy, and we elected to stay away from there.

Looking back now, I'm really glad that we did. I am praying that all goes well for their CCW laws, and that tax-paying, law-abiding folks will be able to enjoy some of the freedoms that many of us enjoy today.

McCarthy is nothing but a talking head.

Kingarthurhk 01-12-2013 19:25

Uh, yeaah. We can see that gun control works really well in Chicago.:upeyes:

Peace Warrior 01-12-2013 19:33

...[Jesse] Jackson opened the discussion by saying that the United States is “the most violent nation on Earth”...

jesse jackson is a LIAR!!!

The united States isn;t even in the top ten of violent nations; however, if given two or three weekends' worth of murders in the Chicago area, which has had strict gun bans and draconian regulations for over eight decades, regretfully, Chicago's murder total easily surpasses the number of the recent shooting events even if they are all combined together as a single total.

KNOW THE TRUTH. Then tell jesse jackson and others the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=N9efqhGBHZI#!

raven11 01-12-2013 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaps (Post 19855236)
so what did he accomplish to make him the top cop? Did he lead the city in violent crime arrests? Drug busts? Or did he get a political appointment and really have nothing useful to offer in any way?

pretty much , he is a transplant from Newark , NJ

Kingarthurhk 01-12-2013 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace Warrior (Post 19855387)
...[Jesse] Jackson opened the discussion by saying that the United States is “the most violent nation on Earth”...

jesse jackson is a LIAR!!!

The united States isn;t even in the top ten of violent nations; however, if given two or three weekends' worth of murders in the Chicago area, this number easily surpasses the combined number of the recent shooting events here in this country.

KNOW THE TRUTH. Then tell jesse jackson and others the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=N9efqhGBHZI#!

Jesse Jackson wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him in the nuts. Telling Jesse Jackson anything other than "Here is a big check," falls on deaf ears.

cowboy1964 01-12-2013 21:50

"Top cop" of America's highest homicide rate city. Good job there, chief.

shotgunred 01-12-2013 22:04

Cook County Jail is the largest jail in the United States of America. With a few more gun laws it might manage to become the largest in the world.

as400guy1 01-12-2013 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven11 (Post 19855399)
pretty much , he is a transplant from Newark , NJ

He's as big a failure here as he was there. At least here he doesn't get plowed and shoot out street lamps.
He is just as bad as the last Police Superintendent we had (who was NEVER a cop).
He's done so poorly here that he will say or do anything Rahm tells him to keep his job.

stevelyn 01-13-2013 00:11

Beholden to the hands that feed him.

RHVEtte 01-13-2013 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrGlock (Post 19855090)
I love this one:

Eh, I prefer this one:
Quote:

“When people say concealed carry, I say Trayvon Martin,” McCarthy said, referring to the unarmed 17-year-old who was shot and killed last February by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida, sparking controversy across the country.
Really? See, I was under the impression that, one, the case was still open, and two, that the evidence has continually been trending towards Zimmerman acting in self-defense. But who knows. Maybe I've been wrong to listen to actual news and not the Shicago Tribune.

Peace Warrior 01-14-2013 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk (Post 19855404)
Jesse Jackson wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him in the nuts. Telling Jesse Jackson anything other than "Here is a big check," falls on deaf ears.

You know about coca-cola too huh? :whistling:

Baba Louie 01-14-2013 14:39

Quote:

Really? See, I was under the impression that, one, the case was still open, and two, that the evidence has continually been trending towards Zimmerman acting in self-defense. But who knows. Maybe I've been wrong to listen to actual news and not the Shicago Tribune.
Well, you probably are not playing to a crowded black community you're trying like hell to keep from unraveling any farther... while he is.

Gotta know your audience and sing for their pleasure. Ain't that right Massa Rahm? :upeyes:

wjv 01-14-2013 14:43

Because saying "more gun control" is so much easier than saying, 'we have an inner city culture of welfare, entitlement, gangs, drugs and violence that we need to fix".

Remember when Bill Cosby spoke out about the responsibility of parents and the thug culture. . The left practically chopped his head off. . .

dsa1115 01-14-2013 14:51

All these reporting shootings in Chicago couldn't possibly have happened because Chicago has arguably the toughest gun laws in the entire country.

jpa 01-14-2013 14:56

It's easy to confiscate 7400 guns when all guns are illegal....