Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need to move from CT and start over (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463904)

gunsup 01-11-2013 19:35

I need to move from CT and start over

Today while out running errands at work one town over from Newtown CT I was stopped at a traffic light and just happened to look over at a telephone pole abd posted in black and white on a weathered sign says and I quote "If you want your fuel bill paid for the winter VOTE for Obama"
I'm now 36,left for Marine corps boot camp 2 weeks after HS graduation served honorably, obtained the rank of Sgt in an infantry unit "ooh rah" and have hit the ground running ever since. Married, 2 kids both A+/- students because I'm doing my part as a parent , own a home, I get up and go to work EVERYAY to pay my bills and never asked for a ****KING DIME not from family, and especially not from the government NEVER!!!
This is such B.S. yet totally expected from this place .
Any way rant over.
Wheres a nice place? Western N.C. always seemed like a nice place beautiful anyway. Eastern Tennessee? Out west? I'm ready yo pick up.
Open to suggestions

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Cooper 01-11-2013 19:45

Come to WNC. It's awesome here.

HollowHead 01-11-2013 19:48

Don't blame you. I'm in Southbury as we speak and as charming as Connecticut is, the taxes are lethal. HH

gunsup 01-11-2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 19851082)

Funny Ashville was the place I remember the most and remember Ashville very well. A few UNC games under my belt when I was down in N.C.

gunsup 01-11-2013 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowHead (Post 19851092)
Don't blame you. I'm in Southbury as we speak and as charming as Connecticut is, the taxes are lethal. HH

I'm in the north west corner

tous 01-11-2013 20:06

Come on down to Texas.
We'll be seceding soon and it's best to be here than come here.

:wavey:

mikeflys1 01-11-2013 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsup (Post 19851103)
I'm in the north west corner

Torrington here :wavey:

The gf and I are planning our escape as well.

Kramer 01-12-2013 05:25

Move to RI. When the shtf you'll have way more looters and moochers to shoot at!

Restless28 01-12-2013 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 19851082)

That's on my list of places to retire to.

IndyGunFreak 01-12-2013 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsup (Post 19851029)
Today while out running errands at work one town over from Newtown CT I was stopped at a traffic light and just happened to look over at a telephone pole abd posted in black and white on a weathered sign says and I quote "If you want your fuel bill paid for the winter VOTE for Obama"
I'm now 36,left for Marine corps boot camp 2 weeks after HS graduation served honorably, obtained the rank of Sgt in an infantry unit "ooh rah" and have hit the ground running ever since. Married, 2 kids both A+/- students because I'm doing my part as a parent , own a home, I get up and go to work EVERYAY to pay my bills and never asked for a ****KING DIME not from family, and especially not from the government NEVER!!!
This is such B.S. yet totally expected from this place .
Any way rant over.
Wheres a nice place? Western N.C. always seemed like a nice place beautiful anyway. Eastern Tennessee? Out west? I'm ready yo pick up.
Open to suggestions

I guess I have more questions than answers...

What is you and your wife's profession? If you want to stay in your chosen fields, it might limit you a bit.

Weather preferences? ( I imagine since you're in CT... snow and cold doesn't bother you)

Sounds like you're familiar with NC, so.. I'd say that's a pretty good start.

magpie maniac 01-12-2013 06:28

Another vote for North Carolina. We moved here nearly eight years ago and love it. My wife has had two serious offers to move for work and we turned down both because we want our kids to go to college here. Some of the best universities in the country and the state reserves 82% of freshman slots for in-state residents.

okie 01-12-2013 07:16

Check out Oklahoma my friend, also thank you for your service:patriot::usmc:

blackjack 01-12-2013 07:17

If you're thinking Obama and his minions aren't involved in home heating assistance in other places than CT, I'd recommend you think again. It's just as brazen in other places. The most noticeable evidence around here is the Obamaphone being sold from vacant lots with nothing more than a popup picnic tent and a folding table.

dbow 01-12-2013 07:35

If i had my choice it would be Montana.

Green Dragoon 01-12-2013 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeflys1 (Post 19851333)
Torrington here :wavey:

The gf and I are planning our escape as well.

I owned a home on the East side of Torrington (Torringford). I moved out when they destroyed the horse farms and put up the Big Y, Walmart etc.

harlenm 01-12-2013 07:39

You think it's bad, come down to southern Fairfield County

mikeflys1 01-12-2013 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Dragoon (Post 19852469)
I owned a home on the East side of Torrington (Torringford). I moved out when they destroyed the horse farms and put up the Big Y, Walmart etc.

That's actually exactly where I am.

gunsup 01-12-2013 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlenm (Post 19852474)
You think it's bad, come down to southern Fairfield County

Born and raised in Bpt. I don't miss the gold coast. It is by far human population at its worst.

HollowHead 01-12-2013 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbow (Post 19852456)
If i had my choice it would be Montana.

Montana is full and turning people away at the state lines. HH

Fox 01-12-2013 08:39

Urban areas in any state will have liberal Democrats. A case in point is that the city of Austin is a liberal enclave in Texas.

GlockPride 01-12-2013 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox (Post 19852696)
Urban areas in any state will have liberal Democrats. A case in point is that the city of Austin is a liberal enclave in Texas.

And Houston and Dallas and San Antone and El Paso...

Glock1963 01-12-2013 09:44

I live in Illinois.

It could be worse.

wingryder 01-12-2013 10:05

If you move to Ashville, do yourself a favor and buy a motorcycle. It is one of the best places on earth for street riding!

tehan2 01-12-2013 11:55

I'm moving there in the next few months....I'm so looking forward to the politics of the northeast again [/sarcasm]

glockfanbob 01-12-2013 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehan2 (Post 19853482)
I'm moving there in the next few months....I'm so looking forward to the politics of the northeast again [/sarcasm]

I'm sorry for your loss (moving to CT). :rofl: Hey we DO need more conservative folks up here.

Just make sure if you have an AR or equivalent they are compliant (no flash hider, bayonet lug, etc). :upeyes:

I will say the range I go to has a lot of members so it's not like CT is totally liberal. If around the central/northern central of CT shoot me a PM if interested in checking out the range I belong to.