Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463300)

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 12:15

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Fox News: "BREAKING NEWS: Vice President Joe Biden says President Obama could use executive action -- and bypass Congress -- to toughen gun control laws."

Welp, it's over. :faint:

Tyranny.

fnfalman 01-09-2013 12:17

Jambog!!!

fgutie35 01-09-2013 12:25

It sounds like he got schooled by the NRA and now he is going back crying to his older brother stick up for him.:rofl:

Eric 01-09-2013 12:46

Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat. Nothing has been decided. Hell, nothing has really even been proposed yet. Perhaps we can wait to yelp and gnash our teeth until something of substance has actually happened.

We are NOT simply a bunch of children waiting for daddy to punish us for some transgression. Aside from the fact that we have done nothing wrong, we are adult Americans with rights and with a considerable amount of political juice on our side. We also, every one of us, have some muscle of our own to flex. Write letters. Let your political officials know how one of their voters feel and DON'T do it with a form letter. If you were in their place, would you bother to read a form letter? Tell them how you feel, in your own words.

Let's not abandon the ship just yet.

nmk 01-09-2013 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 19840566)
Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat.

:rofl:

People are looking at me...

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 12:49

Kick all the cats you want; I hate cats.

If you don't think that this government is hellbent on sealing this forever, I'd love to have a pint - or a truckload - of whatever you're having.

Further, to think that politicians give a red cent about what we citizens want is nothing short of naive.

But kudos on being an optimist. :wavey:

Sharkey 01-09-2013 12:49

Exec. action was the term used and he was speaking to "gun victims". Interesting phrasing right? Gotta rule by fiat when the constitution is in the way. I am sure he learned that from Alinsky.

Eric 01-09-2013 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockHavenYellow (Post 19840577)
Kick all the cats you want; I hate cats.

If you don't think that this government is hellbent on sealing this forever, I'd love to have a pint - or a truckload - of whatever you're having.

Further, to think that politicians give a red cent about what we citizens want is nothing short of naive.

But kudos on being an optimist. :wavey:

If you want to roll over and show your belly, more power to you. We are not powerless. If we were, we would be, I don't know, French. We are Americans and we have rights. Exercise those rights or lose them. Eric

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 19840597)
If you want to roll over and show your belly, more power to you. We are not powerless. If we were, we would be, I don't know, French. We are Americans and we have rights. Exercise those rights or lose them. Eric

My comments have been misunderstood - I'm not admitting defeat. I'm pointing out the fact that the government has jumped the shark and they've clearly decided to tyrannically overstep their power and force us into a whole new realm of fighting for our freedoms.

Little Joe 01-09-2013 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockHavenYellow (Post 19840431)

Welp, it's over. :faint:

Tyranny.

You might as well go hang yourself now.

IndyGunFreak 01-09-2013 12:58

Quote:

Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat. Nothing has been decided. Hell, nothing has really even been proposed yet. Perhaps we can wait to yelp and gnash our teeth until something of substance has actually happened.

We are NOT simply a bunch of children waiting for daddy to punish us for some transgression. Aside from the fact that we have done nothing wrong, we are adult Americans with rights and with a considerable amount of political juice on our side. We also, every one of us, have some muscle of our own to flex. Write letters. Let your political officials know how one of their voters feel and DON'T do it with a form letter. If you were in their place, would you bother to read a form letter? Tell them how you feel, in your own words.

Finally, some sense in this argument.

Our saving grace, might be the nations fiscal crisis. They're going to have their hands full with that one, and I'm not sure they can fit gun control (which will no doubt be very contentious debate) into the session.

IGF

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak (Post 19840623)

Our saving grace, might be the nations fiscal crisis. They're going to have their hands full with that one, and I'm not sure they can fit gun control (which will no doubt be very contentious debate) into the session.

IGF

You understand that an executive order bypasses congress, correct?

WoodenPlank 01-09-2013 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockHavenYellow (Post 19840628)
You understand that an executive order bypasses congress, correct?

You understand that an executive order has a very limited scope in what it can do, right?

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

Eric 01-09-2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockHavenYellow (Post 19840603)
My comments have been misunderstood - I'm not admitting defeat. I'm pointing out the fact that the government has jumped the shark and they've clearly decided to tyrannically overstep their power and force us into a whole new realm of fighting for our freedoms.

Everything they do has to stand up to scrutiny. To judicial review. The checks and balances built into our constitution work. Obama can't simply pull a rabbit out of his hat and shove it up our collective ass. This nation doesn't work that way.

Keep in mind too that while Obama may not have to worry too much about losing political capital now, but all those other democrats surrounding him would probably like to avoid losing their seat at the pork barrel. Most of those career pols are not going to commit career hari-kari for the Big O. The flip-side of this being Obama's last term means that he will have nothing to offer those career pols(Including political protection), come the next election. They will be on their own. Eric

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodenPlank (Post 19840638)
You understand that an executive order has a very limited scope in what it can do, right?

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

Yes, I do. But when you have Eric Holder in on gun control negotiations, they've pretty much sent the message that they don't care one lick about laws/orders. They'll make it happen regardless from their perspective.

Dennis in MA 01-09-2013 13:04

Quote:

I've often pictured Eric looking like this, but with a bigger head.

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 13:04

Wouldn't it be convenient if a SCOTUS justice was replaced by a new, democratic justice? Will take a long time, but it's a thought/possibility.

And yes, I placed my tin foil hat on my head while typing this.

.45Super-Man 01-09-2013 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak (Post 19840623)

IGF

The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them. There must be a 'national crisis' to suspend 'posse comitatus', first.

G21 01-09-2013 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 19840642)
Everything they do has to stand up to scrutiny. To judicial review. The checks and balances built into our constitution work. Obama can't simply pull a rabbit out of his hat and shove it up our collective ass. This nation doesn't work that way.

Keep in mind too that while Obama may not have to worry too much about losing political capital now, but all those other democrats surrounding him would probably like to avoid losing their seat at the pork barrel. Most of those career pols are not going to commit career hari-kari for the Big O. The flip-side of this being Obama's last term means that he will have nothing to offer those career pols(Including political protection), come the next election. They will be on their own. Eric

Good point, it's true that Obama may be in "nothing to lose" mode in his second term, but there are a whole lot of democrats (and Republicans) that are worried about re-election. The post-94 elections are not forgotten....

Eric 01-09-2013 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by .45Super-Man (Post 19840675)
The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them.

This is twice in one thread, but good grief. Some of you guys should write political thrillers, or take Lithium, or both. Eric

BTW, it is Martial Law.

jay29 01-09-2013 13:16

HIGH NOON: SHERIFF BIDEN, NRA SHOWDOWN...
'The president is going to act'...
BANG BANG: CUOMO TO ANNOUNCE SWEEPING GUN LAWS...
Clinton Turns Tech Speech Into Gun Rant...
Iowa lawmaker calls for confiscation...
CT lawmaker calls for background checks to buy ammo...
Gun sales soar in Atlanta...
'Folks are grabbing just about any gun they can get their hands on'...

=======

The battle has begun. They should pass a law saying whoever voted for Obama should be required to turn in their weapons.

humanguerrilla 01-09-2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by .45Super-Man (Post 19840675)
The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them.

Who is he/she? I too believe short, quick people shouldn't be underestimated but I don't think they could take our guns.

Joshhtn 01-09-2013 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 19840699)
This is twice in one thread, but good grief. Some of you guys should write political thrillers, or take Lithium, or both. Eric

BTW, it is Martial Law.

:rofl: I couldn't agree more.

mortpes 01-09-2013 13:27

Please go to https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions and go to firearms and sign the various firearms petitions there. Thank you.

LockHavenYellow 01-09-2013 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortpes (Post 19840746)
Please go to https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions and go to firearms and sign the various firearms petitions there. Thank you.

Already did, but our opinions have zero weight in DC.